Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jasonpt)
    Nothing,we just wont have a capable navy until they are made.
    OH DEAR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by interact)
    Every time I go on on the DailyMail, Russian planes have been flying over the UK, what is going on?????
    Never buy into scare tactics, especially from the daily mail

ReputationRep:
    hmmmm the Daily Mail do chat a lot of **** but they have the BEST pictures
    Yeah but sometimes they have totally unnecessary pictures, or pictures barely related to what the article is about.

And the typos are everywhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Comeback)
    Yeah but sometimes they have totally unnecessary pictures, or pictures barely related to what the article is about.

And the typos are everywhere.
    And when they include a picture of a glass of wine when documenting a wine related article

ReputationRep:
    The Ewoks are planning to invade. We must cut down all the forests at once!

ReputationRep:
    And when they include a picture of a glass of wine when documenting a wine related article
    I just read the comments nowadays.

Skip to most green and red arrow responses then close the tab

ReputationRep:
    Why are our air defences pathetic? I don't think our security is bad, my dad was pinching a handful of some spinach from a farmer a few weeks ago (on the motorway) and I'm not lying, 5 police officers caught up to him, 5 minutes after he left.
    As things stand a large part of Russia's air force is rubbish but they have about double the good strikecraft that we'll have once the F-35 gets delivered. The UK's bigger advantage is at sea where our carriers, destroyers and (once delivered) frigates will be far superior to what the Russian's currently have. Albeit Russia has better numbers.

That said, people need to remember that military potential is only a function of tax revenue and the UK has the larger economy and tax revenues. So if we're losing out to Russia militarily, it's only because our politicians don't want to spend.

ReputationRep:
    xxx
    On one side of the argument we have rational human beings who understand the context of the situation and on the other, we have people like Observatory, Rakas and Maturestudent who draw comparisons between Russia and nazi germany. Right wing.
    OP no Russia isn't goingto invade or nuke the UK, even if the UK didn't have nukes of their own. Also, Russia has never actually flown into UK airspace, its always been international airspace so its just the media creating fear out of a non-story.
    Don't buy into the scare tactics always question the medias narrative.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lionheart96)
    On one side of the argument we have rational human beings who understand the context of the situation and on the other, we have people like Observatory, Rakas and Maturestudent who draw comparisons between Russia and nazi germany. Right wing.
    OP no Russia isn't goingto invade or nuke the UK, even if the UK didn't have nukes of their own. Also, Russia has never actually flown into UK airspace, its always been international airspace so its just the media creating fear out of a non-story.
    Don't buy into the scare tactics always question the medias narrative.
    I don't compare Russia to Nazi Germany. My view is like most powers for the past 3000 years both Russia and the EU seek economic and territorial expansion and are clashing, the difference between i and others is that i actively back the west in their expansionist pursuit, especially if it constrains Russia.

Russia is not one of us and it's expansion must not be tolerated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    As things stand a large part of Russia's air force is rubbish but they have about double the good strikecraft that we'll have once the F-35 gets delivered. The UK's bigger advantage is at sea where our carriers, destroyers and (once delivered) frigates will be far superior to what the Russian's currently have. Albeit Russia has better numbers.

That said, people need to remember that military potential is only a function of tax revenue and the UK has the larger economy and tax revenues. So if we're losing out to Russia militarily, it's only because our politicians don't want to spend.
    Russia's airforce is far from rubbish.

ReputationRep:
    Russia's airforce is far from rubbish.
    It has about 500 good stuff, the rest is soviet crap.

ReputationRep:
    It has about 500 good stuff, the rest is soviet crap.
    You mean the "Soviet crap" that recently disabled all electronics on the USS Donald Cook in the Black Sea? I would be concerned...

ReputationRep:
    when they do invade we should just accept putin as the new ruler i think he will do a good job

ReputationRep:
    Every time I go on on the DailyMail, Russian planes have been flying over the UK, what is going on?????
    Russia Tips The Grand Chess Board (BroN On Video!)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't compare Russia to Nazi Germany. My view is like most powers for the past 3000 years both Russia and the EU seek economic and territorial expansion and are clashing, the difference between i and others is that i actively back the west in their expansionist pursuit, especially if it constrains Russia.

Russia is not one of us and it's expansion must not be tolerated.
    So you just chose a side between two empires

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CycleofSpin)
    Russia Tips The Grand Chess Board (BroN On Video!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    A Eurasian alliance is not really something i see coming. Aside from which, the Chinese are the more powerful and are far less anti-west.

ReputationRep:
    So you just chose a side between two empires
    Pretty much. If Britain can't have its empire, the west as a whole is second best.

ReputationRep:
    Pretty much. If Britain can't have its empire, the west as a whole is second best.
    lol out of curiosity, why?

ReputationRep:
    lol out of curiosity, why?
    Because we are predominantly all very wealthy, fairly capitalist economies. Because the Irish, Canadians, Australians and to a lesser degree Americans are our brethren. Because Russia won't submit to western norms.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Observatory)
    Churchill had a one-liner for people like you: An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.
    I'd like to see Churchill mobilize the Allies in 1938 towards war against Nazi Germany. He would have been laughed out of the house and even if he did pass the legislation required the conscripted army would flat out refuse due to the decimation of the first world war. Chamberlain was not stupid, he began rearming in 1937, although he still hoped a diplomatic settlement could be reached, convincing the people to go fight another pointless war about a country they didn't know anything about was another matter entirely.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.