Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coco-shah)
    what is there to write about mrs dubose , if there any helpful resources on the internet please tell me. thanksx
    This website is really good, has loads of info on themes and studd http://www.gradesaver.com/to-kill-a-mockingbird/study-guide/themes
    Mrs Dubose is all about courage because she tries to get rid of her morphine addiction even though she knows she is dying. Chapter 11 of TKAM is really good on her

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bxthgxlmxrx)
    anyone have any ideas which poems from Conflict could come up!!??
    anything apart from..
    Hawk roosting
    flag
    out of the blue
    yellow pal (damn)
    mametz wood

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wojiaoshakira)
    anything apart from..
    Hawk roosting
    flag
    out of the blue
    yellow pal (damn)
    mametz wood
    Why would these not come up? These are the best poems

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys how did you find the exams today?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It was alright. How did you find it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asha.o)
    Finally someone who does them! I just reread Mister Pip since I didn't really finish the boo off properly! There are notes for MP like these! For Kindertransport, its's even harder to find them but my teacher says to always talk about the symbols in the play as you can expand on them easily and can get you easy marks! These notes are really helpful too!
    Yeah I think the Kindertranspirt one was okay... I'd revised all the different things you could say for a few symbols and hopefully I'll have done okay for that! I hadn't reread Mr Pip since a month ago and didn't have time with geography and physics revision over the weekend so finding quotes for that was quite hard - think I did okay on part a as you could quote from the passage ut my answer to part b was terrible because I had taken too long on Kindertransport! Which question did you chose for Kindertransport?

Damn I wish I had seen those notes earlier they're quite good! Anyway our teacher had given us quite a bit and I'd printed off quite a lot from the internet

ReputationRep:
    It was okay thanks - had RS too, was much better than the first exam!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JPWells123)
    Hey guys how did you find the exams today?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Meh not too bad... Better than past papers I've seen... You??

ReputationRep:
    The most obvious one comes up in TKAM which no one was expecting tbh xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JPWells123)
    It was okay thanks - had RS too, was much better than the first exam!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I had rs too, i agree the second paper was much easier

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone pls tell me what the Of Mice & Men exam questions were, on today's AQA GCSE Eng Lit Foundation paper. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Mister Pip .o. The passage was disgusting
    Part B) was ten times better and i DID NOT FINISH XD
    PLEASE PRAY FOR ME XD

ReputationRep:
    thanks for everyones help how was it I have geography unit 1 edexcel tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    Wow I have geography too! Do you feel prepared at all? Hope you all have a good week with the rest of exams.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by #sarahsmith2)
    Yeah I think the Kindertranspirt one was okay... I'd revised all the different things you could say for a few symbols and hopefully I'll have done okay for that! I hadn't reread Mr Pip since a month ago and didn't have time with geography and physics revision over the weekend so finding quotes for that was quite hard - think I did okay on part a as you could quote from the passage ut my answer to part b was terrible because I had taken too long on Kindertransport! Which question did you chose for Kindertransport?

Damn I wish I had seen those notes earlier they're quite good! Anyway our teacher had given us quite a bit and I'd printed off quite a lot from the internet
    Ah, yes I think the exam was really good IMO! I chose question 15 about change and talked about naturalisation to Evelyn, the whole moving abroad thing etc! I liked it I enjoyed Mister Pip too even though I mainly only revised by rereading the end of the book, hopefully the poetry exam will be good!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kevskebs)
    The most obvious one comes up in TKAM which no one was expecting tbh xD
    Yeah, the TKAM questions were so surprising- I guess that's just AQA's way of making it as unpredictable as possible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosabee_)
    Yeah, the TKAM questions were so surprising- I guess that's just AQA's way of making it as unpredictable as possible.
    for part b on TKAM, i didnt do as much language analysis as i would have liked to and only included about 4-5 quotes will this be enough?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chazlotte132)
    for part b on TKAM, i didnt do as much language analysis as i would have liked to and only included about 4-5 quotes will this be enough?
    yes, I would have thought so, part a and b are marked collectively so if you included language analysis in part a that's fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosabee_)
    yes, I would have thought so, part a and b are marked collectively so if you included language analysis in part a that's fine.
    my part a was practically all language analysis and then part b mainly just context in relation to Boo Radley, my points were:
    1- Boo as a source of entertainment to people in Maycomb similar to Jim Crow mocking black people for entertainment
    2-Radleys seeming lack or religion in relation to the importance of religion in the 1930s
    3-The isolation of Boo in response to prejudice, and I compared this to how black people would not feel safe during the 1930s regarding lynch mobs and the KKK

does that seem okay?
    Thank you for your help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chazlotte132)
    my part a was practically all language analysis and then part b mainly just context in relation to Boo Radley, my points were:
    1- Boo as a source of entertainment to people in Maycomb similar to Jim Crow mocking black people for entertainment
    2-Radleys seeming lack or religion in relation to the importance of religion in the 1930s
    3-The isolation of Boo in response to prejudice, and I compared this to how black people would not feel safe during the 1930s regarding lynch mobs and the KKK

does that seem okay?
    Thank you for your help
    yep, that seems absolutely fine! you've made some really good points which all relate to the historical/social context which is what the examiners are looking out for in this question, so I think you've got nothing to worry about

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 19, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.