Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello

what structure do you guys use for the essay?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loinducoeur)
    You'll be fine! I don't know if I've asked before, but how was your speaking?
    Not too bad haha made very simple mistakes like "mal" instead of "mauvais" or didn't know how to say ingredients so I said "produit" etc haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lreejigfredks)
    Hello

what structure do you guys use for the essay?
    Intro: Usually a staple phrases like 'nul ne saurait douter que' or 'on ne peut pas nier que' or 'bien que...' to get subjunctive in earlier and question the essay title

Point 1: Usually against

Point 2: Linking on from point 1 and for the statement

Point 3: General point either for or against

Conclusion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by patricio_miguel)
    Not too bad haha made very simple mistakes like "mal" instead of "mauvais" or didn't know how to say ingredients so I said "produit" etc haha
    Like you sad, that's not too bad! Your speaking grade will push up whatever you get in your FN2 exam so no panicking, haha.

ReputationRep:
    i've never heard of plans getting specific marks, the examiners usually just like to see a plan so they know that you've tried to structure it but there are no set marks on the markscheme for any plans, simply the actual structure of the essay

ReputationRep:
    What are some really key phrases which are useful for the essay?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlownTyre)
    What are some really key phrases which are useful for the essay?
    Using the subjunctive is pretty good. "Bien que" is a good one to fit in randomly. For intros, you could use "depuis un certain temps" or "on parle beaucoup
    en ce moment de". "est-il vrai que" is also good to finish the intro. "considerons", "tout d'abord" is good for starting paragraphs. "d'un autre côté" for the converse (if you use it). "par conséquent" and "en somme" and good for conclusions. Hope that helped! There's more at this link: http://www.realfrench.net/pdf/essay.pdf

ReputationRep:
    Ok guys I revised les responsabilités 😬 hope there's a direct essay question on that 🙏

ReputationRep:
    Really pleased with the essays although made such simple mistakes like translating "ne confondez vous pas" as "don't expect" haha why am I so stupid 😭😭😭😭 and what was the whole le tourisme bleu about? The rest was really good

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea what 'tourisme bleu' was! Did you get 3 true and 5 false for the first question??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ser_)
    I have no idea what 'tourisme bleu' was! Did you get 3 true and 5 false for the first question??
    YES FVFVFFVF I think ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ser_)
    For the gap filling I put : copain, professionnel, pose, donc, connaissAnt( i believe it was progressive yet not sure)

ReputationRep:
    For the gap filling I put : copain, professionnel, pose, donc, connaissAnt( i believe it was progressive yet not sure)
    I spelled professionnel wrong I think and I put connaissants with the s because it was gens? Not sure, didnt find the paper great

ReputationRep:
    I did the same as you! My essay probably didn't go as well as yours though, aha! I think the reading paper was quite good; the answers were relatively obvious.

ReputationRep:
    I'm really unsure how the paper went. I think listening and translation were fine, essay was meh. But I've just realised I don't think used my own words in the reading comp that much..
    Hmm.
    Not sure.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LamantChenille)
    I'm really unsure how the paper went. I think listening and translation were fine, essay was meh. But I've just realised I don't think used my own words in the reading comp that much..
    Hmm.
    Not sure.
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same tbh 😭😭😭 I tried on some occasions but e.g climat -> l'ambiance; gastronomic - cuisine but at other times I just copied what there was like that thing about having to sign in with the receptionist

ReputationRep:
    Same tbh 😭😭😭 I tried on some occasions but e.g climat -> l'ambiance; gastronomic - cuisine but at other times I just copied what there was like that thing about having to sign in with the receptionist
    I used some of the text from the gap fill and the tick boxes in the reading to replace certain words. I hope that's allowed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swifty139)
    I spelled professionnel wrong I think and I put connaissants with the s because it was gens? Not sure, didnt find the paper great
    I put an accent on the professionnel at the last minute and now I'm kicking myself because I should've left it! I put 'posent' for one and 'connaissant' for something..

ReputationRep:
    how did you all translate the sentences at the end? and which essay did everyone do?

ReputationRep:
    I found the exam ok, but I realised after the exam that I also spelt professionnel wrong. How strict are the WJEC on this? How did you all find question 1? I had 3 vrai and 5 faux.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 26, 2016

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.