The Student Room Group

Boston bomber to be executed

Scroll to see replies

Original post by h3isenberg
Only on the basis that it is not unlawful, in this case.

Capital punishment is lawful in America.
Reply 41
How is it not murder? You're killing someone.

Killing is not the same as murder.
Original post by Sabertooth
Most people don't put others' eyes out. You might also want to look up the definition of "murder" too.

I disagree we have all done something and sinned for example 'he without sin cast the first stone' and no one could.
ok so murder might have been the wrong word because in some states it is actually legal to kill people. It is still killing him which I think is wrong
Original post by 2710
How long do you plan to keep him in prison?

What has that got to do with it?
Tbh, I don't see him getting executed any time soon. The federal government has executed 3 people int he past 50 years. But I'm sure he'll enjoy his time on death row.

Actually it's a little weird, I believe that the reasoning wasn't just the crime of using a weapon of mass destruction but that the bombing had an effect on commerce (with the businesses and hotels nearby). I'm not a lawyer though :tongue:

So the innocent people will have to keep going through trial after trial and appeal after appeal which makes the wounds fresh.
even one of the victims parents said they don't want him sentenced to death.
if he is sentenced to life there is at least some closure and that can happen sooner rather than later
Reply 45
Original post by hollyobxox
I disagree, you are making someone die which is murder.
an eye for an eye makes the whole word blind

all murder is killing, but not all killing is murder.
Original post by StrangeBanana

We can go on about how the US is the most backward nation in the West another time, but yes, that's why I said that the only reason it's not technically murder is because capital punishment is lawful there. However, that doesn't make it ethical, especially if you are not living in the US.
Original post by Wee.Guy
all murder is killing, but not all killing is murder.

at the end of the day the guy will still end up dead
Reply 48
I disagree we have all done something and sinned for example 'he without sin cast the first stone' and no one could.
ok so murder might have been the wrong word because in some states it is actually legal to kill people. It is still killing him which I think is wrong

why do you think killing is wrong?
Original post by StrangeBanana

Its only lawful in some states so if he was in another one then he would have been sentenced to life
Original post by Wee.Guy
why do you think killing is wrong?

few reasons
1) point of punishment is reformation and killing doesn't reform him and also deterrence and it has been proven that death penalty is not a deterrence in the US
2) it will make the process a lot longer for grieving faimlies if he was sentenced to death it will take years which means they will never be given a chance to grieve and their wounds will always be fresh.
3) it actually costs more money to have him sentenced to death than to keep him in prison for like
4) may not seem like a possibility now but forgivness can happen if he is dead it cant
5)sometimes in it can help meeting him if he is dead again they cannot

True we have all done something but most of us don't build bombs and murder innocent people. There's something wrong with you if you don't see a difference.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 52
at the end of the day the guy will still end up dead

yes he will.

so if someone accidentally hits someone with their car thereby killing them and someone deliberately stabbed someone to death is ethically the same? in the end they both end up dead.
True we have all done something but most of us don't build bombs and murder innocent people. There's something wrong with you if you don't see a difference.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I do see a difference and I am not defending him I just don't think that death is the right punishment for him
Reply 54
This world is so evil :sad:
Original post by Wee.Guy
yes he will.

so if someone accidentally hits someone with their car thereby killing them and someone deliberately stabbed someone to death is ethically the same? in the end they both end up dead.

Well someone I know was recently killed in a car accident and the person who hit him was send to prison which is the same punishment for someone who is stabbed the difference is the severities of the sentence and that is where the difference is made

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just curious, are you pro-life?
I don't understand why he wasn't gunned down with an anti-air cannon.

Vile being that deserves maximum pain.
We can go on about how the US is the most backward nation in the West another time, but yes, that's why I said that the only reason it's not technically murder is because capital punishment is lawful there. However, that doesn't make it ethical, especially if you are not living in the US.

Ah, I see.

Well, the majority of Americans support it, so it makes sense that it'd be legal over there. I don't agree with it myself.
(edited 8 years ago)
People who are anti-capital punishment should be forced to pay taxes for the upkeeping and maintenance of people like this.

I don't want my tax to be used on his water, apples and plasters - he can go and starve.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending