Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by m-hussain)
    I just cant believe a man (human being) can be god......humans have deficiencies.....God has none watsovere.....I believe he is a prophet who has not felt death rather rose to paradise and will one day return then die.....

Posted from TSR Mobile
    In the old testament the Jewish prophets prophesied about Jesus.Isaiah 7:14—Isaiah prophesies that a pure young woman will give birth to God’s son.

What do you think of agnostic people? Do you think they're 'better' or 'worse' than Athiests/other religions that aren't islam?

ReputationRep:
    did you know that teens end at 19 ?

ReputationRep:
    Please be nice

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Im a buddhist, and in some sense that means that I'm an atheist in the sense that i reject and dont believe in a single omnipotent eternal creator god.

Thats somewhat polar to what you believe in Islam, and if I refuse to convert, it blatantly says in your holy book, as condoned by the prophet, that my lack of belief gives you a right to kill me.

Do you believe in the butchering of non muslims, and what do you think the 'cure' is to ISIS and violent islamist extremism in the west?

ReputationRep:
    Oh my bad ....well idk how to change the title

Posted from TSR Mobile
    use the Advanced button in Edit... then you can click and change the title

ReputationRep:
    Where does it say that I have a right to kill you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Quran 8:12 - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"

Make war on them until idolatry is no more and Allah's religion reigns supreme - 8:39

But if they turn renegades, seize them and slay them wherever you find them. - 4:89 (If you hadn't guessed this one includes apostates too)

When the sacred months are over, slay the idolaters wherever you find them. Arrest them, besiege them, and lie in ambush everywhere for them. - 9:5

Not being funny, but its being closed minded to not deny that theres a pretty hefty amount passages in the quran saying about the bad stuff that should be done to unbelievers lol, and if not, where as ISIS getting their inspiration?

I can't remember the exact passage for this one, but I know somewhere theres a reference to unbelievers being the vilest animals..

Oh, and I forgot to mention I'm bisexual, do you think I should be persecuted and killed for my vile perversion?

both wrong imo

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So if someone believed there was a God but chose not to follow a particular reason would that still be wrong? Even if they respected Islam and didn't think that was wrong?

{Sorry I'm asking so many questions, I'm agnostic so just doing 'research' aha }

ReputationRep:
    I believe in Mary (to be a virgin) who gave birth to Jesus the prophet....as it says in the quran.....but the Quran says clearly that god does not beget nor was he begotten....(sorry for the spelling nt sure ig those were right)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ok bro,

but the in the Bible it clearly says in Matthew 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

In the book of John 14:6 it says he is God
    Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me

Jesus says he is the light of the world in John 8:12

Then Jesus spoke to them again: "I am the light of the world. Anyone who follows Me will never walk in the darkness but will have the light of life."

God bless

ReputationRep:
    Marriage at that time...i think they just got married no touching till she came of age ...i dont think she was 9...she became of age and then a room was built for her ...i think this was aftr his migration to Madina

....and the other point....because they arent muslim....emmm welllll.....the way i sometimes think about it is imagine a father who has a son...father raises the son....protects the son...feeds...clothes...does evryfin....the son dont even recognise him....even worse the son rejects hes existence, or they say another man is my father (associating evryfn ur father did for u to him) and i dnt knw who u are,...... God... this is a much bigger case....this world compared to eternity is not even a second....and god is very merciful in Islam we believe if a non muslim lives his whole life till the end he becomes a muslim all his sins are forgiven....i think except partnering others to god.....i believe My Lord is Just....on the day of judgement all sins will be said to us

Posted from TSR Mobile
    She was 9 when Muhammad had sex with her. There are several sahih hadiths about it. Look it up.

Riiiiiiiight. So if I don't acknowledge everything my father does for me, he has the right to torture me for all eternity?

You think a creature that creates countless billions of people in order to torture them in hell is 'very merciful'? Are you actually serious? Why would your 'very merciful' creature create hell and endless torture in the first place?

So you think people can fool Allah by becoming Muslims on their death-bed? You think your god is stupid?

All the non-Muslims you see around you, all those billllllllions of people on the planet, who will never become Muslim. How do you feel, knowing that your allah will torture them for trillions and zillions of years? The people who serve you in shops and restaurants, the doctors and nurses who treat you and your loved ones in hospital, your teachers, most people you pass in the street. The god you worship and think is so 'merciful' will subject all of them to the most agonising torture forever. That sits well with you? This is the creature you choose to love and worship?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by riamila)
    So if someone believed there was a God but chose not to follow a particular reason would that still be wrong? Even if they respected Islam and didn't think that was wrong?

It just seems worse in my opinion...to believe thers a God then refuse to follow his orders....Islam means to submit your will to God...so to respect submission to God but not do it juat seems wrong too
    {Sorry I'm asking so many questions, I'm agnostic so just doing 'research' aha }

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The others i havent researched them yet

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Regardless of the context in a war or not, your religion teaches that if the opponent doesn't believe the same thing as you, they deserve persecution and death?

I understand the christian and catholic faiths underwent the crusades, but that argument is null simply as that occurred hundreds of years ago, the faith has moved on? Why is it that we're suddenly seeing a massive surge in islamic terror attacks across the world? ISIS, Paris, Sydney? All because these people are non muslim - so evidently these hardline extremists are getting their inspiration from somewhere? What do you think the right line of attack is to cull extremism and innocent people being butchered for their lack of beliefs - because regardless of your own faith, drawing a picture of a God doesn't warrant someone else signing your death warrant and enacting the execution themselves. (Not in the west anyway)

Fair enough.

Also, what do you think about LGBT+ people?

ReputationRep:
    If you were an earthworm, how long would you be?

On a snail of 1-10, what's your favorite colour of the alphabet?

ReputationRep:
    Wow lol that was pretty cool....but i see no comparison between the pics because i fully understand that h20 can be these forms...but the other its jus really confusin

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's peculiar how I haven't yet come across a Muslim member on TSR who can comprehend the concept of the Trinity. I personally can't why a God couldn't do such if he were truly omnipotent.

If a God is omnipotent, can he make himself appear in two place as once in different forms? Surely that would be possible?

Can an omnipotent being make himself non-omnipotent? If he can't, then he does not deserve the title omnipotent. If he can, then clearly he is omnipotent. Why would it be unfathomable for an omnipotent being to appear in two places at once, in different forms, where one of his forms is subject to the laws of nature (which he created)?

ReputationRep:
    Ok i find the term creature offensive
    You find the word 'creature' offensive, but not that the vile creature you worship will torture billions of your fellow human beings. Ladies and gentlemen, behold the 'morality' of the religious!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhisperingTide)
    If you were an earthworm, how long would you be?

On a snail of 1-10, what's your favorite colour of the alphabet?
    Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Please be nice

Posted from TSR Mobile
    when will you get married, will it be an arranged marriage??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student97)
    when will you get married, will it be an arranged marriage??
    Idk

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Achaea)
    You find the word 'creature' offensive, but not that the vile creature you worship will torture billions of your fellow human beings. Ladies and gentlemen, behold the 'morality' of the religious!
    If I recall, those are unworthy simply die, they aren't tortured. They get oblivion, not pain.

You're thinking of Christianity.

And even then, there are many interpretations of both Christianity and Islam in-which everyone goes to heaven eventually, hell is just a cosmic 'rehab' clinic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Epicurean)
    It's peculiar how I haven't yet come across a Muslim member on TSR who can comprehend the concept of the Trinity. I personally can't why a God couldn't do such if he were truly omnipotent.

If a God is omnipotent, can he make himself appear in two place as once in different forms? Surely that would be possible?

Can an omnipotent being make himself non-omnipotent? If he can't, then he does not deserve the title omnipotent. If he can, then clearly he is omnipotent. Why would it be unfathomable for an omnipotent being to appear in two places at once, in different forms, where one of his forms is subject to the laws of nature (which he created)?
    These things essentially are all made of h2o at the end of the day whether in ice liquid..etc.
    But god human spirit they are not even of the same constituent, so this god is not a single god of the same nature but a divided god.
    Also as a Christian themselves explains:
    The Trinity is like water. This is a modalistic illustration. Ice, steam, and liquid are examples of the same nature which at one time or another has a particular mode of existence. Sometimes it is liquid, sometimes it is ice, and sometimes it is steam. God is not sometimes Son, sometimes Father, and sometimes Spirit. He is eternally each, always at the same time.

So the water model is not the answer.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 30, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.