Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Any more predictions for coastal zone?

ReputationRep:
    I feel like there will be a question on hydrographs for water on the land as I don't think that's come up in a while.

Oh and Good luck to everyone doing it tomorrow 😊

ReputationRep:
    ive been told that super volcanoes will probably come up as it hasn't so I'm revising Yellow Stone and its likley effects, anyone have any other guesses of what else is going to come up for, restless earth // coastal managment // rock and resources

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tanzi_a)
    I feel like there will be a question on hydrographs for water on the land as I don't think that's come up in a while.

Oh and Good luck to everyone doing it tomorrow 😊

Omg what are they?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mghp)
    Omg what are they?
    A line graph to show the discharge in a river.

A storm/flood hydrograph is a line graph to show the discharge in a river in the aftermath of a period of rain.

You can use it to work out the lag time, which is the time between the peak of the rainstorm and the peak discharge.

ReputationRep:
    Wait does anyone do AQA geography B??

ReputationRep:
    Maldives is most likely to come up for Coastal Zone- Rising Sea Levels! It hasn't come up for the past 3 years, and AQA like to distribute all topics out over 3 years, so if I was to bet money, it'd be the Maldives case study!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got any information on the Indian Ocean Tsunami? I always forget that case study. That and the Three Gorges Dam. Thanks x

ReputationRep:
    My teacher today said that for restless earth, she thinks that it is likely for their to be a question on mt st helens hope it helped and good luck everyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xoxolucinda)
    Maldives is most likely to come up for Coastal Zone- Rising Sea Levels! It hasn't come up for the past 3 years, and AQA like to distribute all topics out over 3 years, so if I was to bet money, it'd be the Maldives case study!
    This just made me panic! I forgot about that case study. In fact, I barely know any of the statistics or facts for most of my case studies. Is it essential to quote statistics for a high grade? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    i'm soooooo not ready for this!!!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it is quite important to know some factual detail for high markers

Also, does anyone know how much we have to know about protecting coastal habitats, for the coastal zone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DavidCameron2015)
    Yeah it is quite important to know some factual detail for high markers

Also, does anyone know how much we have to know about protecting coastal habitats, for the coastal zone?
    Well, I did Keyhaven Salt Marshes, and it mentions how rock Armour has slowed the erosion of the spit that protects the salt marsh. Also, making it a SSSI brings conservation into play meaning money is spent on areas to ensure they stay in tact. Not sure if you need anything else ?

Also, the reasons for doing this would be to protect distinctive and rare wildlife.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently ️, in restless earth Mt St Helens is certain to come up, as it has never been seen on a paper before and everything has to be said at least once.

ReputationRep:
    I dont even do Mt Saint Helens. We do Nyiragongo and Montserrat for volcanoes, and Eyjafjallajokull or however you spell it. Any predictions on Water on the Land? Really shabby on that topic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilbunni)
    This just made me panic! I forgot about that case study. In fact, I barely know any of the statistics or facts for most of my case studies. Is it essential to quote statistics for a high grade? :confused:
    I don't think I even know a case study for sea level rise like the Maldives.

ReputationRep:
    I am sitting Geography AQA A, restless earth, living world and coastal zones. Has anyone got any revision sources or case study summaries? Good luck everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holly2443)
    Apparently ️, in restless earth Mt St Helens is certain to come up, as it has never been seen on a paper before and everything has to be said at least once.
    Fingers crossed. I like that case study 😊

ReputationRep:
    My topics are: restless earth, coastal zone and water on land... Any tips on what to revise?

Good luck!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonahfromtonga)
    I dont even do Mt Saint Helens. We do Nyiragongo and Montserrat for volcanoes, and Eyjafjallajokull or however you spell it. Any predictions on Water on the Land? Really shabby on that topic
    I learnt all three of those volcanoes but I will pick Nyiragongo since the name sounds epic Perhaps formation of a meander and a floodplain will come up. Maybe comparing effects/responses of a flood in a MEDC to an LEDC. I just hope the questions are mainly labeling/ formation of stuff, I hate it when they tell u to look at OS Maps when there's literally nothing to look at.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 2, 2016

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.