Turn on thread page Beta

Would you ever date a girl with a headscarf?? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanB1991)
    Dem hijab girls doe!!!

Funnily enough they actually can have quite a "slutty" reputation in some social circles. Remember it being so in Leicester, the theory there was that most wear them to keep the pretence up of being religious to their parents.
    DUH!

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]Well as a muslim girl myself depending on who you are when wearing a scarf its religious reasons some have other reasons eg- parents
    sometimes people stereotype girls who wear scarfs because their forced literally It just depends on who you are! I mean i wear it because its in my religion im not forced to by parents its a choice! Just like many other girls out there. Also again usually someone will not go out or date anyone if their non muslim but again society has changed and people do as they please regardless of the hijab
    [/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]
    [/COLOR]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    why do you think so far ahead about parents approval be4 u have even been on a date? I don't mean sound rude or anything but wouldn't it make sense to at least try first or just go on one date for abit of fun? u think too much like my mum
    No that's just leading them on, why would you go on a date if you don't intend to progress anything further?

ReputationRep:
    A hot Iranian chick maybe, yeah. Anyone else, not so much.

(Original post by katbob)
    midnight trolling sessions eh, would not be surprised if you were muslim
    :perv::perv:
    nah nah mate i don't do religion and all that ...too complicated for me

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, if she was dead randy underneath it. Like the one in Eastenders.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaucissonSecCy)
    Yeah, if she was dead randy underneath it. Like the one in Eastenders.
    mate i rate you...that's the best response on this forum

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13pamina13)
    mate i rate you...that's the best response on this forum
    It's like the librarian/geek thing. It's sexy when a proper exterior contains depths.

Cheers hombre.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Law-Hopeful)
    ok thnx...m8...

Hmm, so you'd contemplate a relationship with a 'liberal' muslim, is what I think you're saying?

Wouldn't they still, in all likelihood, still believe in an afterlife; believe life on earth is merely a means to an end and not an end in itself (a 'test'; likely to be against equal marriage and gay adoption etc; want to raise their children is an 'islamic household' etc? Of course, these may not be deal breakers for you, but they would most certainly be deal breakers for me.

Not to mention that Muslims are prohibited from dating (afaik) and especially dating a non-muslim (let alone a 'kaffir' atheist )...
    Pretty much. And they definitely because I know some XD

After-life? Yes. And thus the second thing? Yes. Being against gay rights? No. being against marriage of homosexuals? Well, I am, because marriage is a private institution and I would want to separated from the state. I don't think the state should deal in marriages. And I don't think legal rights should be given to people who in monogamous relationships over those who are single, hence, **** marriage for anyone outside of religion. Gays should obviously be allowed to create their own religion/denomination that lets them get married. And those who like to have sex with dogs should be able to create their own religion that lets them do that. None of these people will get extra legal rights for being married though over someone who is single.

There would also be a reason for wedding providers in rented out churches that are secular and private sector too then. Sounds great; more jobs for the economy. And secular people don't lose out at all whereas religious people get their religious freedom.

Someone believing in the afterlife really doesn't matter to me; why should I care if they have the same moral values as me, as to why they have those moral values? If they are still good people, then I don't care why they are good really. The only exception would be the very awkward pascal's wager but most of the intelligent liberal Muslims I know aren't good for that reason, rather they believe in an objective morality and feel compelled to act in that way even if they were somehow to be punished for it (which of course to them is not possible, but the point remains).

Raising the kiddie-winks in such a manner though would be a deal breaker for me. I would gladly teach them about religion but they would not be habitually going to mosque or praying that's for sure because that's far too biased.

Well, they are, but then some still do, much like many Christians still refuse to turn the other cheek. :dontknow:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 17, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.