Turn on thread page Beta

I got 13 A*s AMA watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student_1999)
    Yeah they are proud! Good luck for A-levels, hope you do better than you hope!
    Haha if I got better than 1B and rest A's i'd be amazed! Good luck to you too.

ReputationRep:
    Welcome to TSR- such a fantastic first thread Congrats on your results, you totally deserve them and loads of luck at A-level!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kawehi)
    Welcome to TSR- such a fantastic first thread Congrats on your results, you totally deserve them and loads of luck at A-level!!!
    Thanks a lot!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Nice work! You clearly put the hours in, so well deserved. Hope you have been celebrating!!

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations! Ngl, pretty jealous (1A* 6As 3Bs, but I'm getting two papers remarked and enquiring about a drop in 2 grades for French coursework). What are you taking next year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by onyx_87)
    Nice work! You clearly put the hours in, so well deserved. Hope you have been celebrating!!
    thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LanaDelReys)
    Congratulations! Ngl, pretty jealous (1A* 6As 3Bs, but I'm getting two papers remarked and enquiring about a drop in 2 grades for French coursework). What are you taking next year?
    Hope it goes well and you get your desired grade in french i'm going to study bio, chem, maths and religious studies

ReputationRep:
    Wow I honestly didnt believe it until I saw the pic of results sheet.
    That Is amazing. Congratulations to you!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soyeb)
    Wow I honestly didnt believe it until I saw the pic of results sheet.
    That Is amazing. Congratulations to you!!!
    thanks man!

ReputationRep:
    I honestly have no idea what university I am aiming for haha! I do want to go to a Russell Group uni. Although Durham sounds amazing. I want to study Chemistry or chemical engineering at uni, but probably would change it to biological sciences since my math isn't really my strong point. Honestly, GCSEs were incredibly difficult for me. I had in total 18 exams, so the pressure was really high. There wasn't any exam that I could say was easy, all exams were so hard!!!
    18 exams for 14 GCSEs? Wha?

I had 26 exams for my 11 GCSEs...

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!

I'm not trying to brag or anything but I (somehow) managed to get 13 A*s for my GCSEs. As well as an awkward A haha. Soooo ask me anything and I'll reply
    Wow, congratulations.😄

How are you handling the pressure?

(I'm not sure if this is happening to you but, from what I've seen, some students are getting loads of pressures from people who wants them to get those grades in A-levels as well - not that it's a bad thing, it just seems a bit too much especially for someone who just got their grades after two years under the stress of gcses)

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexion)
    18 exams for 14 GCSEs? Wha?

I had 26 exams for my 11 GCSEs...
    I did 11 exams last year in yr 10, when I did science, additional science and french. I can't imagine doing so many exams. Hope you still did well in your GCSEs!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Firenze26)
    Wow, congratulations.😄

How are you handling the pressure?

(I'm not sure if this is happening to you but, from what I've seen, some students are getting loads of pressures from people who wants them to get those grades in A-levels as well - not that it's a bad thing, it just seems a bit too much especially for someone who just got their grades after two years under the stress of gcses)

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar
    Yeah I guess now everyone expects me to get straight As in A-levels. The pressure is slowly hitting me! Hopefully I'm not going to get complacent because I know some people who got straight As in GCSEs yet only get Cs and Ds at A-Levels.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!

I'm not trying to brag or anything but I (somehow) managed to get 13 A*s for my GCSEs. As well as an awkward A haha. Soooo ask me anything and I'll reply
    You say you're not bragging but you are. Not bragging would be not making a thread about your 13 a*s and awkward a, and staying modest.

I feel like you created this thread for the main purpose of receiving congragulatory comments.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by undine_monty)
    You say you're not bragging but you are. Not bragging would be not making a thread about your 13 a*s and awkward a, and staying modest.

I feel like you created this thread for the main purpose of receiving congragulatory comments.
    My original intentions were actually to answer any revision/gcses questions. Since I got good grades, I thought I could help other people by answering their question. This thread was to share my knowledge, sorry you feel like that

ReputationRep:
    Do/did you go to a private school?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by undine_monty)

he deserves to brag; he did incredibly well!

ReputationRep:
    is there another earth beyond our senses

ReputationRep:
    Ahh man I'm in love with your results can I marry them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanyapotter)
    he deserves to brag; he did incredibly well!
    I think the same to be honest. (assuming that results slip wasn't sneakily found in some corner of the internet but I doubt it was lol) It's quite hard to keep good results to yourself; one may argue that you should be satisfied enough with the feeling that you did well but everyone likes appreciation for their hard work. So even if his claim of not "bragging"/considering congratulations when making this thread is a little suspect who really cares..

More to the point congrats, how many A*s are you planning to gather at A Level?

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.