Turn on thread page Beta

I am turning 17 tomorrow. Tell me something you wish you'd known at that age. watch

ReputationRep:
    -You realise who your true friends are during difficult times. Turns out I only had one true friend out of the 20~ something 'friends' I had; and I'm totally fine by that

-Live your life: don't spend your free time aimlessly browsing on social media; pursue a hobby, travel or party etc!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by satanicwarmaster)
    Thanks a ton! This was very helpful.

I'm entering Year 13 and I don't feel ready to apply to university this year. Do/can I take a gap year after completing my A-levels? I've completed my AS levels and now have A2 levels to contend with. Additionally, I'm considering resitting an AS module or two alongside my A2 exams. I couldn't decide on a degree or even think about university while I was in the middle of AS levels, so I doubt I'd be able to in the middle of A2 levels.
    Yes. If you're not sure what you want to study or where I'd encourage it. I know people who were in their 30s and married when they started their degrees. So many people take time out. There's no rush.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a ton! This was very helpful.

I'm entering Year 13 and I don't feel ready to apply to university this year. Do/can I take a gap year after completing my A-levels? I've completed my AS levels and now have A2 levels to contend with. Additionally, I'm considering resitting an AS module or two alongside my A2 exams. I couldn't decide on a degree or even think about university while I was in the middle of AS levels, so I doubt I'd be able to in the middle of A2 levels.
    I'm pretty sure that after you graduate from high school, you can take a gap year regardless of what curriculum you completed. What AS module were you planning on resitting and why? Also, you never know; maybe by the time you complete your A-levels, you'll already know what your plan is. Regardless of what happens, just remember you have many options available.

(Original post by BookBird)
    I'm pretty sure that after you graduate from high school, you can take a gap year regardless of what curriculum you completed. What AS module were you planning on resitting and why? Also, you never know; maybe by the time you complete your A-levels, you'll already know what your plan is. Regardless of what happens, just remember you have many options available.
    I'm getting two of my AS exams (1 AS English Literature exam and 1 AS History exam) remarked. My UMS mark for the English Literature exam was unexpectedly low - I didn't feel it reflected how I felt I did in the exam. It pulled my overall grade down. My UMS mark for the History exam was frustratingly close to the next highest grade. If the remarks yield no significant improvement in marks, I'll be resitting these two exams or at least one of them to improve my overall grade.

That's true. Thank you!
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Make the most of life and appreciate what you have at that age.

Young love can be cool, so if there's anyone you're interested in at your 6th form try to woo them.

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting two of my AS exams (1 AS English Literature exam and 1 AS History exam) remarked. My UMS mark for the English Literature exam was unexpectedly low - I didn't feel it reflected how I felt I did in the exam. It pulled my overall grade down. My UMS mark for the History exam was frustratingly close to the next highest grade. If the remarks yield no significant improvement in marks, I'll be resitting these two exams or at least one of them to improve my overall grade.

That's true. Thank you!
    It's always good to strive for the best, so I commend you for that. I don't see why you shouldn't resit your exams, if you feel you can do better then go for it. Keep us posted on your progress!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks in advance.
    In your case, you would need to repent and develop a strong relationship with God.

Not too keen with satanic worshipers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Quaggie)
    In your case, you would need to repent and develop a strong relationship with God.

Not too keen with satanic worshipers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    LOL. :rofl:

Well, I'm not one. My username is taken after the band of the same name. I don't know what I was thinking when I decided on that username. I would change it if I could, but unfortunately, this site generally doesn't allow you to change your username. :unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
    LOL. :rofl:

Well, I'm not one. My username is taken after the band of the same name. I don't know what I was thinking when I decided on that username. I would change it if I could, but unfortunately, this site generally doesn't allow you to change your username. :unimpressed:
    Rookie mistake :lol:

You're forgiven.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Quaggie)
    Rookie mistake :lol:

You're forgiven.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think very few, if any, people in this world actually monotheistically worship Satan, anyway. LaVeyan Satanists certainly don't. They are basically Ayn Rand-esque libertarians who like Satanic imagery.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 23, 2015
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.