Turn on thread page Beta

Embarrassed about buying condoms watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mankytoes)
    Well I dunno but I'd say my girth is pretty average too! I never felt condoms were a problem in that way. Different sizes aren't readily available anyway. Never used lube, but I've never seen the need for vaginal if the girl is properly wet.

Nope in my wallet, which I know could be the problem, though I did rotate, as this was when I had a girlfriend they could have been there long, kept them in the box aside from that.

Yeah I was eighteen but looked very young for it. Not great for my confidence...
    Just think about it like this: the amount a vagina naturally lubricates is not evolved for use with condoms.

ReputationRep:
    chill, if you are old enough then you can do what you like. Lots of people have sex, nothing unusual

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmallTownGirl)
    Just think about it like this: the amount a vagina naturally lubricates is not evolved for use with condoms.
    I guess, though they are lube covered, so I didn't know they were necessarily less slick.

All this makes me glad it's been years since I've had to deal with this! (Girlfriend on the Pill).

ReputationRep:
    foh boy why a home dawg be embarrassed go get ya willy wet boy man up and buy those johnnies go to boots they got self checkout thats where this mean machine buy em from boy-o go pound her like poundworld dawg
    if the cashier looks u funny say 'smh i gettin poontang and homie aint foh'
    remember to put the balls in as well they like it

SMH u got such a problem buy trojan XXXL and they gone be scared homie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mankytoes)
    I guess, though they are lube covered, so I didn't know they were necessarily less slick.

All this makes me glad it's been years since I've had to deal with this! (Girlfriend on the Pill).
    Still not enough lube.

ReputationRep:
    Tesco self check out

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eux)
    Not mature enough to buy condoms, not mature enough to have sex
    i wish more ppl took heed to ur sage advice.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Where is the best place to buy condoms? Next week i will be losing my virginity but when I go in the shop to buy condoms it feels like everyone is staring. I don't even know what type to buy because I didn't know there were as many different types as there are. What type is best to buy if I want everything to go well and be as enjoyable as possible and so there is little chance of the condom splitting? Where is the best place to buy condoms?
    self checkout or think about the wonderful sex that's gonna happen once you get them, and just get them.
    at supermarkets or corner shop.
    i learnt thru experience and trying diff ones overtime
    durex is alright you know
    erm
    then there's this fancy **** with the humidity and textures and glow in the dark and taste and **** i mean try it out, i dunno.
    you can also get em online.

ReputationRep:
    Just buy them online if you are that embarrassed about buying them face to face. You can get them many websites including Superdrug and Boots. They would come in a brown box so no one would know you bought them unless they opened the box.

Though tbh its not a big deal buying condoms. The person at the check out will have sold them to people before of all ages so they won't bat an eyelid and there is always the self check outs in a lot of shops.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Where is the best place to buy condoms? Next week i will be losing my virginity but when I go in the shop to buy condoms it feels like everyone is staring. I don't even know what type to buy because I didn't know there were as many different types as there are. What type is best to buy if I want everything to go well and be as enjoyable as possible and so there is little chance of the condom splitting? Where is the best place to buy condoms?
    Buy them online from boots. They do offers on Durex which don't work out too expensive. It doesn't really matter what type you get. In my opinion they all feel the same!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattyJMP)
    Make sure to cut the ice... When the cashier says "would you like a bag with that" keep a totally straight face and don't even look up as you're getting your cash out, and say "nahhh, she's not that ugly mate". Can't go wrong
    You're hilarious

(Original post by WHUFC06)
    Buy them online from boots. They do offers on Durex which don't work out too expensive. It doesn't really matter what type you get. In my opinion they all feel the same!
    Theres so much choice now though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by domonict)
    If you're embarrassed then use a supermarket with self scan tills.
    If it makes you feel better buy some "camouflage" items as well to ring up

So long as the till doesn't play up and the assistant has to come over, you'll be fine
    That would be a sight. "UNEXPECTED ITEM IN BAGGING AREA, PLEASE CALL ASSISTANT". "Damn thing won't scan, Mandy can you run a price check on Durex extra small condoms?"
    Then they don't have the correct change, they're asking other customers for change. They've run out of bags and your pockets are full. You run outside like a sex offender carrying condoms and trip over a small child, dropping your condoms next to them. Mom looks at you like a freak and calls the police, you try and hide the condoms in your coat but they think you're reaching for a weapon so you get tazed.
    Then you're sharing a cell with Big Bubba, and now you wish you bought the Trojan extra large.

Could happen.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 17, I am mature its just that it does feel like people are staring while I'm looking at condoms and I have no idea which type to buy.
    You can get them for free, since you're under 25 from the pharmacy or sexual health clinic.

Don't waste your money.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by babyshawte)
    You can get them for free, since you're under 25 from the pharmacy or sexual health clinic.

Don't waste your money.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Really?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team

Don't waste your money.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This. They usually give out loads too (well they do where I'm from)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nothing to be ashamed about tbh. Walk up to the cashier with your face held up high. Lock eyes with them. Let them know you gonna get laid tonight. They'll understand - hell they might throw in a discount. The point is nobody cares or is going to judge you. Condoms are there because people buy them to have safe sex.

ReputationRep:
    Really?
    Yup ^_^

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The shop I was in didn't have self service but I think I will find somewhere that does. Thanks for the advice.
    i use tesco self service all the time for condoms shah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Changing Skies)
    This. They usually give out loads too (well they do where I'm from)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes

They want more young people using condoms. I think they should take full advantage.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes

They want more young people using condoms. I think they should take full advantage.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Set up a condom business with the freebies you get, right?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 9, 2018
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.