Turn on thread page Beta

Muslim parents not letting me marry a white girl watch

ReputationRep:
    you said your parents are Muslim, but you haven't mentioned if you are.
    So the question is are you Muslim and will you follow what the prophet said and did?

As a young Muslim you should know that you can marry out of your religion it is islamically permissible. However your spouse should firstly accept that your Muslim and agree to help you make a nice LOVING halal HOME for any children you may have. This does not mean she has to be Muslim if she doesn't want to!!! Although it will be a lot easier for both of you if she does convert.
    As the prophet said Islam is taught and learnt no forced!!!!!
    As for your parents you need to remind them that tradition and culture are not religion !!! Religion is what is mentioned in the holy books and by all the prophets.

ReputationRep:
    I hope the people on this thread who are telling you to tell your parents to shut up and p*** off aren't white, otherwise I'm not surprised your parents don't want you to marry into white culture.

ReputationRep:
    thats a shame they're going on like that though from what ive seen if you ever have kids with this lass their animosity will melt away sharpish cos parents looove grandkids

sadly i dunno how to help you get them to your wedding bro good luck

ReputationRep:
    You got engaged at 18? The ****?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gladiator123)
    Im half Egyption and half Palestinian. My parents are not strict muslims but they want me to marry someone from my background. Im 22 and i want to get married to this girl, we have been engaged for 4 years now. Her parents are fine with it, i go to her mums house quite often. I argue with my parents everday about it. I know Im older enough to leave but i really want my parents at my wedding.
    Assuming you can't change your parents' opinions, you must choose. You can only keep one of them in your life. Your parents or your future wife. Once you make that choice, there won't be option to reverse it. So choose well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ghost88)
    If their reasoning is that she is not Muslim/is white, tell them to STFU, because they clearly are just being backwards and racist
    What foolish advice, never ever should you say that to Muslim parents unless you want to be attacked or worse

ReputationRep:
    Actually, in Islam it is permissible for a Muslim man to marry a non-muslim woman. However it seems here this is not the case.
    I would suggest that you try your best to convince your parents that she is the 'one' and provide some undeniable evidence of some sort.

However I would also say that most of the time, parents are right and you should be a little patient before making your next move.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeuteriumPie)
    -
    :gasp: Is that a morocco flag?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Synmatic)
    Actually, in Islam it is permissible for a Muslim man to marry a non-muslim woman. However it seems here this is not the case.
    I would suggest that you try your best to convince your parents that she is the 'one' and provide some undeniable evidence of some sort.

However I would also say that most of the time, parents are right and you should be a little patient before making your next move.
    Only if the woman is a Christian or Jew. Also, Islam does not extend this courtesy to women.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlphaWolfZ)
    :gasp: Is that a morocco flag?
    Oui...Why? Are you Moroccan??

ReputationRep:
    Can you imagine the outrage if it were white athiest (or even Christian) parents forbidding their kid from marrying a Muslim?

Nothing but bigoted nonsense. People are people, regardless of their race or religion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunshine7863)
    S

Are u a practicing muslim hummzy? I don't want to sound patronising but i don't think you have studied Islam very well. I am a practising muslim lady and have studied Islam quite a bit. In Al-Bukhari it states that a muslim woman is not allowed to marry a non-muslim under any circumstances. A man though is permitted to marry a non-muslim. He must treat her with the same respect and love that has been ordered for a muslim wife. Our prophet (pbuh) never forced anyone to convert to islam. Hence we are not allowed to force anyone to change their beliefs. Contrary to popular belief a man can marry someone from another religion. I sympathise with the parents but 99% parents do go along with thir childs wishes. I know you have been engaged for 4 yrs mayb giv it another yr and try to make your parents understand that its better for you to marry her then commit a big sin.
    I havent said anything wrong I havent put any quran ayahs against him it was a simple question its all about the individual themself and Allah is the judge of that. SO please do not tell me i havent studied Islam well were not perfect may Allah make us better people because we all sin differently.

ReputationRep:
    What religion does she follow?
    If she's Christian, there should be no problem in marrying her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The one ed)
    What foolish advice, never ever should you say that to Muslim parents unless you want to be attacked or worse
    I have got Muslim parents, and after months of showing them how little influence religion has over me, their use of Islam in arguments has decreased.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Johnnabrbs)
    Religion will only be important in a relationship if both people are extremely into their religion.
    I guess so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeuteriumPie)
    Oui...Why? Are you Moroccan??
    Yes! Half Moroccon Half Belgian...amazing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlphaWolfZ)
    Yes! Half Moroccon Half Belgian...amazing!
    Tbarkallah, haha You live in Belgium?

ReputationRep:
    You're 22, they can't stop you. Marry her, move out, and start your own life.

ReputationRep:
    You'll find someone better. Just leave it.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 27, 2015
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.