Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone here been to an AC yet & if so how did you find it? I had mine last week and was surprised by the small number of fellow candidates - fewer than 20, I think. The types of activities were fairly similar to other ACs I've been to, but I was surprised by the length - all the activities were in 20 minute blocks, which doesn't seem to give enough time to get a good idea of someone. The interview was 20 minutes (obviously) and only consisted of 4 questions ... at other assessment days I've had interviews last around 45 minutes, which I think is much better. The whole AC just flew by. Anyway, apparently we'll hear within 2 weeks so fingers crossed. It's hard to tell how I did so I'll just have to wait and see!

ReputationRep:
    I have mine on Saturday. Would you say there is anything we should prepare ?

Best of luck !

ReputationRep:
    I have mine the 5th of December. Trying so hard to prepare but unsure what exactly to do. Any advice or tips? Best of luck people, it would be the best Xmas present!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maneki-neko)
    Has anyone here been to an AC yet & if so how did you find it? I had mine last week and was surprised by the small number of fellow candidates - fewer than 20, I think. The types of activities were fairly similar to other ACs I've been to, but I was surprised by the length - all the activities were in 20 minute blocks, which doesn't seem to give enough time to get a good idea of someone. The interview was 20 minutes (obviously) and only consisted of 4 questions ... at other assessment days I've had interviews last around 45 minutes, which I think is much better. The whole AC just flew by. Anyway, apparently we'll hear within 2 weeks so fingers crossed. It's hard to tell how I did so I'll just have to wait and see!
    I had mine last week also. I actually think the assessment centre was very effective, I think they kept the numbers low so that you could flow between the activities and overall I think the organisation of the day was superb. The interviews were indeed short, but I do feel the questions did give you a lot of scope for really showcasing your potential. But hey, we will have to wait and see!

Wishing you all the best

ReputationRep:
    Just been offered a place on the programme - SO EXCITED!

Good luck to everyone waiting to hear, and everyone else awaiting assessment.

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations!

When was your assessment?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexandrasmiles)
    Congratulations!

When was your assessment?
    It was on the 20th November

ReputationRep:
    Amazing!

Did they call or email?

Sorry a million questions x

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I've just seen this thread now and am really worried as I have not even finished my initial application yet! It says applications close 'in December' although I was initially told by my uni careers dept that it wasn't until New Year! Does anyone know anything further? I'm debating rushing my application to send in tonight just incase deadline is 1st December!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moll23)
    Hey guys, I've just seen this thread now and am really worried as I have not even finished my initial application yet! It says applications close 'in December' although I was initially told by my uni careers dept that it wasn't until New Year! Does anyone know anything further? I'm debating rushing my application to send in tonight just incase deadline is 1st December!
    I called them about a week ago and they said there is no official deadline but they will likely close mid-December. I didn't want to risk it so I sent it off a few days ago but if you're worried just give them a call
    If I remember correctly, they used to say it takes 3 weeks to reply but in my confirmation email it is 6 weeks, I guess they had more applicants than expected.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your reply! I checked on my uni website and they say it closes on 31st December! Think I'll make sure to get it in sooner just incase though :-) good luck with your application!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 93cm)
    Just been offered a place on the programme - SO EXCITED!

Good luck to everyone waiting to hear, and everyone else awaiting assessment.

Well done! You must be so happy! I have mine on Saturday, very nervous!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexandrasmiles)
    Amazing!

Did they call or email?

Sorry a million questions x
    Haha it's okay! If I was waiting I'd want to know too.

I heard in the afternoon (around 3:30) by phone.. I didn't pick up so they left a V/M and I rang back. Are you waiting to hear back too?

Good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to the AC on the 9th dec. Getting nervous now! Can any successful candidates give us an idea of what the day will comprise of/what sort of activities? Anything we should necessarily prepare for?

Congratulations to everyone who has got a place, and good luck to everyone still in the application process!

ReputationRep:
    Best of luck to anyone going to the assessment centre today - I was supposed to be there, but can't go because I have tonsillitis and can't speak!! Go get em

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by E.Sprigings)
    I'm going to the AC on the 9th dec. Getting nervous now! Can any successful candidates give us an idea of what the day will comprise of/what sort of activities? Anything we should necessarily prepare for?

Congratulations to everyone who has got a place, and good luck to everyone still in the application process!
    Hello,

I'm not sure we're allowed to discuss this, they ask you in the assessment centre not to disclose any of the activities/the nature of the day. However, I'm sure this isn't a bad thing.. just react naturally and be honest and I'm sure you'll do well! The day is actually pretty enjoyable and if you try your hardest to forget you're being assessed then I'm sure you'll do absolutely fine.

Good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone who attended the added assessment centre on Nov 28th heard back ?

ReputationRep:
    I'm three weeks tomorrow for the first initial application and still haven't heard anything. Would you suggest me calling them as its Friday tomorrow or should I hang in there. I'm starting to get anxious that I've don't it wrong or something :/

ReputationRep:
    My acknowledgement email said it might take up to 6 weeks so they probably just have many people to go through as applications are still open so I wouldn't worry If you end up calling them, please let me know what they said, I applied around the same time as you
    (Original post by Slsmith33)
    I'm three weeks tomorrow for the first initial application and still haven't heard anything. Would you suggest me calling them as its Friday tomorrow or should I hang in there. I'm starting to get anxious that I've don't it wrong or something :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Csutimano)
    My acknowledgement email said it might take up to 6 weeks so they probably just have many people to go through as applications are still open so I wouldn't worry If you end up calling them, please let me know what they said, I applied around the same time as you
    Arr thanks for that see mine said up to 3'weeks? How strange I might give them a call Monday if I haven't heard anything so il
    Be sure to let you know. I never attached a video either so don't no if I've decreased my chances? I'm no good with things like that hate watching myself haha

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.