Turn on thread page Beta

The case against Feminism watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dandaman1)
    I've seen good cases made against feminists and feminist theories, but I wouldn't say this is one of them. I mean,"they're ugly"? Come on now, that's not going to win people over.
    Stand by it 100% from my own observations. Self hatred fuels their twisted ideology.

ReputationRep:
    I hate this threads., Anti feminism is correct but dumb arguments like this push people away from that conclusion.

We need to accept that some of the feminist literary criticism was genius, but naive and the humanities now need to move away from ideology.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyserg)
    There's no such thing as perfect equity in society. Besides this, radical femminist believe because of the opression they have suffered or whatever, that it should be the other way around.
    I've never heard of that belief but it is obviously extreme and they don't represent the majority of feminists

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by banterboy)
    I hate this threads., Anti feminism is correct but dumb arguments like this push people away from that conclusion.

We need to accept that some of the feminist literary criticism was genius, but naive and the humanities now need to move away from ideology.
    How informative. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Feminist culture is not a good thing and I'm not sure why it's still being promoted.

- For one thing Men have contributed the most to the world in terms of invention, thought, the arts. Now the feminist machine will rationalise this as having been the consequence of 'female opression'. While to an extent this may legitmately have been the case, in this era and the next, how many of you think women will be discovering ground breaking technologies, or contributing to philosophical thought?

[PURE SPECULATION ALERT]

- The idea of 'gender equality' - load of bull. Having no grounding in scientific fact this is more of a belief than it is true. Because Men are different to women, and we have different purpose where our biological prediposition has set the tone for our lives. Yet like religion, children are culturally forced to accept it.

[Gender equality is about both genders having access to the same rights and proveleges as each other. The favourable gender in western society still lies with men]

- Feminists are ugly.

Shock horror. Notice how most ardent feminists, yes using the word ardent, are typically physically unattractive and have had bad relationships with males in there life time. The feminist can be typically be identified by the following characteristics: fat, have a lot of tattoos, hypocritcal, ugly, et al. All of these traits are not neccesarily mutally exclusive but come under the banner of advocating female 'independence' - basically using my 21st century codex, I managed to translate this to 'I want to pursue self-interest and not have to face repreisal for consequence' i.e. Women being overweight, sleeping around, being unfeminine.

[Universally women and men should not face any opposition to job opportunities, benefits, social opportunities due to their appearance, this is an equality issue, what is your point?]

In this sense the feminist movement hate only one thing more then Men and that's attractive females. Feminine / attractive females are characterisally identified by physical attractiveness, including a tendency not to be prone to self hatred. And so the feminists want women who have good things going for them to suffer with them.

Now there is a genuine concern for gender equality, but the answer is not the feminist movement. You can be anti-rape and be an anti-feminist male.

I'm wondering when people will stand up to this left nonsense.
    You've completely misunderstood what feminism stands for, you've also encompassed the whole of the feminist movement under one bracket known as radical feminism. I do not support radical feminism, it sees women as superior and works to move the gender inequality in favour of women rather equalising.

ReputationRep:
    Cool story bro, tell it again.

ReputationRep:
    some of the people on this website need to take a sociology class I swear, if you're not educated on the different kinds of feminism and how some are more radical than others etc then I don't see how you can comment on the movement as a whole

ReputationRep:
    I believe in gender equality but reject the theoretical assumptions feminism makes. You need a seperate word for that, "feminism = equality" brigade.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SIDEWlNDER)
    some of the people on this website need to take a sociology class I swear, if you're not educated on the different kinds of feminism and how some are more radical than others etc then I don't see how you can comment on the movement as a whole
    Sociology is mainly propaganda.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElephantMemory)
    Sociology is mainly propaganda.
    haha okay mate

ReputationRep:
    haha okay mate
    Keep pretending it isn't fam.

ReputationRep:
    This thread is like the best thing ever...Everyone is just reading the OP so hard and it's hilarious

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElephantMemory)
    Keep pretending it isn't fam.
    shut the hell up

ReputationRep:
    shut the hell up
    You're the one who needs the propagandists to teach you about your surroundings. It's common sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ActuallyIDo)
    This thread is like the best thing ever...Everyone is just reading the OP so hard and it's hilarious
    Why wouldn't they?

ReputationRep:
    Obviously a feminist finds a contradiction in her belief and labeled it 'misogynistic' - it's much easier to rationalise threats as an attack on identitity which this post is not than debate the actual substance of modern feminism which this post has.

'Gender Bias' - I bet you agree that Men and Women are treated equally in court. Grand delusion.
    I bet you think gender pay gaps are a consequence of gender discrimination. The hard truth is that Men, in these types of industries are more productive and generally are better. Women should count themselves lucky for artificial wage rises because of public sympathy. What about Male Modelling pay gaps? Why don't male models on average earn as much as women? Female entitlement has never been so prominent. You Femos will never have it better than you do now.

'You clearly benefit from the privaleged Males have' What privaledges would that be?

Attractive females are not feminists 99% of the time. Cliches are cliches for a reason.

People like you disgust me. You respond to my post with no argument only to take the moral high ground calling me 'misynonistic' - you're absolutely nuts. Well Jane Austen, if you do manage to write a novel make sure its much better than the nonsense in your post because you sound like every other bitter entitled woman.
    First of all, whilst men and women may be equal on paper, that does not mean they are treated equally in society. For example, your comment that feminists are mostly ugly shows demonstrates the very sexual double standard that feminism is trying to overcome because you are judging a group of female activists on their appearance - I wonder if you would treat a male activist in the same way? Also, your comment that many feminists have had negative experiences with men is completely unfair. Several friends of mine and I have never had negative experiences with men and call ourselves feminists and, besides, it is not men against whom we are fighting but an imbalance in society.
    As for gender pay gaps, they are a result of women not being encouraged to seek out the highest paid jobs, especially because some men can't bear to be seen as subservient to women, thus meaning that the average salary of women is lower. Do you have any scientific evidence to back up the fact that men are "better" or "productive" than women? Just because women have children and have to take time some time off does not mean that they are in any way relatively incompetent and not good enough to earn the salaries men do.
    You call females "entitled" but all that we are entitled to is equal treatment to men, nothing more, nothing less. The gender pay gap in modelling is all part of the feminist cause; it strives for equality and if the men are losing out, then it also strives to help them. I completely accept that male models should not be paid less than female models.
    And to end with, it is exceptionally sexist to brand me "Jane Austen" in such a derogatory way just because I am a woman who has a voice. I reiterate that not all feminists are women, that feminists work towards gender equality and not female dominance, and that women are entitled to the same treatment as men which you demonstrate is not currently the case, generalising all women as "bitter and entitled".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JPO92)
    You've completely misunderstood what feminism stands for, you've also encompassed the whole of the feminist movement under one bracket known as radical feminism. I do not support radical feminism, it sees women as superior and works to move the gender inequality in favour of women rather equalising.
    Hear hear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claire..)
    First of all, whilst men and women may be equal on paper, that does not mean they are treated equally in society. For example, your comment that feminists are mostly ugly shows demonstrates the very sexual double standard that feminism is trying to overcome because you are judging a group of female activists on their appearance - I wonder if you would treat a male activist in the same way?

Actually male feminists get treated much worse than that and have worse stereotypes. And rightly so; the mentally weak, pathological pleasers.

Also, your comment that many feminists have had negative experiences with men is completely unfair. Several friends of mine and I have never had negative experiences with men and call ourselves feminists and, besides, it is not men against whom we are fighting but an imbalance in society.

Never seen feminists address the imbalance against men in society, which comprises of most imbalances.

As for gender pay gaps, they are a result of women not being encouraged to seek out the highest paid jobs, especially because some men can't bear to be seen as subservient to women, thus meaning that the average salary of women is lower. Do you have any scientific evidence to back up the fact that men are "better" or "productive" than women?

Men are, factually, more interested in higher paid areas and, factually work longer hours at more demanding jobs. The greater choice you give the genders, the more women move away from sciences (more specifically, physics, maths and engineering to be fair). When you factor in pay per hours worked for each individual job, the gender pay gap shrinks dramatically. When you then factor in choice and the career damaging impact of childbearing, it almost evaporates.

Just because women have children and have to take time some time off does not mean that they are in any way relatively incompetent and not good enough to earn the salaries men do.

Irrelevant, the only thing that matters is value to the employer.

You call females "entitled" but all that we are entitled to is equal treatment to men, nothing more, nothing less. The gender pay gap in modelling is all part of the feminist cause; it strives for equality and if the men are losing out, then it also strives to help them. I completely accept that male models should not be paid less than female models.

No, male models SHOULD be paid less than female ones because they bring less value to the employer.

And to end with, it is exceptionally sexist to brand me "Jane Austen" in such a derogatory way just because I am a woman who has a voice. I reiterate that not all feminists are women, that feminists work towards gender equality and not female dominance, and that women are entitled to the same treatment as men which you demonstrate is not currently the case, generalising all women as "bitter and entitled".

But the feminist view of gender equality is counter intuitive. if you were to look at the metrics, you'd have to admit men had most things worse than women. Government expenditure, wellbeing, health expenditure, economic wellbeing (as opposed to just "pay", homelessness, suicide....... SO why do women have it worse according to feminism?? Because it relies on assumptions about power which are adversarial and crude. It assumes everything would be equal if there was no oppressor or oppressed, and because of this assumes that all differences are the result of one group taking power from another. As if hard power was the only form of power. As if the patriarchy of old, with its formal systems, could directly be translated into the minds of a freer world where emotional power (which women own) trumps hard power, as if the men olf the patriarchy who worked long hours of back braking, dangerous labour and slaughtered themselves so that the women they love might live, "set up" the patriarchy to "empower" themselves.
    As above.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.