Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seeXYZ)
    A bit like what China is now ... do you think that's the best system?
    Yeah, but china is not a real capitalist system , as most companies are state owned.
    And there is a lot of corruption there.
    But I rather live in China than in iran or pakistan or afghanistan.

ReputationRep:
    China has many religions so no, not like China.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AccountingBabe)
    Well it wouldn't be that the country keeps religious nuts silent but merely a haven for atheists to go to when they had enough of the **** religion brings. You get me?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I get you, but people are allow to be irrational in a Capitalism & Democracy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Makotosmakotos)
    Yeah, but china is not a real capitalist system , as most companies are state owned.
    And there is a lot of corruption there.
    But I rather live in China than in iran or pakistan or afghanistan.
    But you also rather live here than China right?

ReputationRep:
    Again, communism isn't what we are going for here.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WannabeDoctor98)
    China has many religions so no, not like China.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Agreed, hence i said "abit".

ReputationRep:
    Again, communism isn't what we are going for here.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    China isn't communist, not any more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WannabeDoctor98)
    Saves lives through medicine,
    You mean big-pharma?

farming techniques to get the best crop yield so less people starve,
    Except people still starve....

to purify water so people can drink safe water,
    Except it still has chemicals in it...

it helps build machines to make our lives easier.
    And in doing so destroys jobs.

Science is everything around us and how we use our knowledge of it has allowed us to not only survive as a species but thrive.
    So everyone is on the same level as us? The farmer in Nigeria? The Coco grower in Bolivia? The Vietcong in the rice paddies?

ReputationRep:
    China isn't communist, not any more.
    Yes but it has still left an after taste in the society and as mentioned above is full of corruption.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Errm16)
    You mean big-pharma?

Except people still starve....

Except it still has chemicals in it...

And in doing so destroys jobs.

So everyone is on the same level as us? The farmer in Nigeria? The Coco grower in Bolivia? The Vietcong in the rice paddies?
    All of these problems combined still don't out weigh the problems religion brings.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Darwin proved we evolved from the apes.
    There is no god.
    god is an invention from ignorant people from 3000 years ago.
    Darwin didnt prove poop. Its a theory. Notice the word theory. He has no observatioal information millions of years ago on species with no observation theres no evidence and no evidence comes a weak theory.

Your sense of stupidity is inevitable. I suggest you go read a book and complete your diploma level 2 in basic biology you uneducated imbecile.

ReputationRep:
    All of these problems combined still don't out weigh the problems religion brings.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Religion is ruining the world.
    Especially islam nowdays.
    Life sucks. It just sucks a hell of a lot more thanks to religions and especially islam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cuppacoffee)
    Darwin didnt prove poop. Its a theory. Notice the word theory. He has no observatioal information millions of years ago on species with no observation theres no evidence and no evidence comes a weak theory.

Your sense of stupidity is inevitable. I suggest you go read a book and complete your diploma level 2 in basic biology you uneducated imbecile.
    Hmm believe in a theory by some man who lived his life studying animals and biology orrrr believe in a tyrant who screwed a 9 year old girl....

Such a hard decision to make there....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What don't you understand?

Science has been hijacked by capitalism (or perhaps inadvertently lead to the creation of capitalism), to further the materialistic desires of a select group of individuals. The very nature of Science, as individualistic, means that it is compatible with capitalism.

Religion, on the other hand, tries to ensure that we progress and prosper as a family, a group and a community. It seeks to eradicate some people pulling ahead and trying to determine the course of action for the majority of people. In essence, it tries to make everyone equal.

ReputationRep:
    Yes but it has still left an after taste in the society and as mentioned above is full of corruption.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    LOL ... yes, so we're back to square one ... to minimise corruption we need freedom of speech and there's no way you can have freedom of speech without the freedom to think ...the freedom to believe ... in stupid things even.

I'm a godless atheist myself but I think your post is idiotic, OP. You are no different to religious fundies or exclusivists. Please refrain from posting BS like this.

I'd prefer secularism over either theocracy or state atheism.

ReputationRep:
    If only there was a country where religion was outlawed, I would move to this atheistic heaven on earth!

What do you think it would look like?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    A clump of irrational, illogical and socially disturbed atheists.
    Do you believe that that something can be created out of nothing? If so please explain that hogwash to me as best as possible OP.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    LOL ... yes, so we're back to square one ... to minimise corruption we need freedom of speech and there's no way you can have freedom of speech without the freedom to think ...the freedom to believe ... in stupid things even.
    Yes but only people who don't believe in religion would be granted access and as such the decision has already been made before entry... As for newborns growing to follow a religion well they can be moved to the rest of the world away from our glorious country.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I am also atheist , and would like to see the world free of religion.

However as the first guy to reply noted, it must include additional cobditions:
    1) it must be Capitalistic.
    2 ) no corruption or dictatorship.
    I'd quite like to see a world where people are free to believe what they like without fear of being persecuted by any other person or group.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by satanicwarmaster)
    I'm a godless atheist myself but I think your post is idiotic, OP. You are no different to religious fundies or exclusivists. Please refrain from posting BS like this.

I'd prefer secularism over either theocracy or state atheism.
    Fair enough but some of us atheists are tired of dealing with this tbh...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.