Turn on thread page Beta

I'm jealous of fat girls watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    They clearly aren't very good friends if they're that awful to you. Don't let other people's opinions make you feel bad - if you're healthy and personally happy with your body (which you should be) then that's really all that matters.

Regarding the statements that all men like 'curves' - that really isn't the case; everyone is different, and many people will prefer a petite nature.

Essentially - don't worry, be happy. It sounds like a cliche, but really: don't let other people's opinions shape your happiness and life overall.
    If she was personally happy with her body, I don't think she'd have created this thread...

Media these days has so much conflicting material, too fat, too skinny, too pale, too much make up, too little makeup etc etc. You can't win and I challenge anybody to say that they are truly happy with their bodies when this kind of social pressure is always on them.

I think the key is acceptance of what you are, acceptance of your limitations (with weight gain it's difficult for some) and surround yourself with people who won't make you feel like **** about how you look. You don't need it and you don't have to put up with it. My friends appreciate me for me and not anything else.

ReputationRep:
    are you sure they're not just joking? I don't think they need to be making comments like that, which aren't true and certainly aren't necessary. And why do you care what men like in general? Live you life the way you want to live it, I know it's a cliché but if you really want to find a boyfriend then someone who really likes you will come along eventually. I imagine you're pretty young so I think there's plenty of time for it!

ReputationRep:
    My older sister is just like this. And I always think the whole skinny jealous of fat is a complete rubbish. But no. Thinner is better is normally high fashion. Thicker, curvy is more so what the everyday man seems to prefer. So I get your confusion and fat people being insecure as well. My older sister has no excuse to be horrible to me but I am 4 yrs her junior and I grew up getting guys her age approaching the two of us but to talk to me. Especially as I got older, but when I was younger she automatically thought they were coming over for her so I get the embarrassment when they ignored her and talked to an 11 yr old instead. To get thicker if you want just do squats and put on healthy fat like eat peanuts and beef or something.

i know what op means im on a diet and i am jealous of girls who can eat what they like

ReputationRep:
    Um ... start eating as healthy as you can, really look into it. Focus on fitness, also focus on extra-curricular activities and what you are good at. Get a job if you can. It will make you focus on important things. As long as you are healthy you are fine.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 24, 2017
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.