Turn on thread page Beta

All animals should be neutered or spaying watch

(Original post by ChickenMadness)
    I think OP should be neutered so that she doesn't breed.
    She offered to a while back and I sincerely hope she does. No child deserves to inherit her retard genes.

(Apologies if I'm being overly terse now - I'm getting really annoyed with this person.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    She offered to a while back and I sincerely hope she does. No child deserves to inherit her retard genes.

(Apologies if I'm being overly terse now - I'm getting really annoyed with this person.)
    I ma getting anoyed with you stop answering my threads if you are annoyed with me and just do not answer them rather then make stupid comments. DO YOU UNDERSTAND????

(Original post by Maria1812)
    I ma getting anoyed with you stop answering my threads if you are annoyed with me and just do not answer them rather then make stupid comments. DO YOU UNDERSTAND????
    If you think I'm going to take orders from you, you're wrong. Either get your act together or GTFO this website. You don't own it so don't tell me I can't post counterarguments to your poor excuse of an argument.

'stupid comments' - Pah. That's rich coming from a dysfunctional, immature, unlettered swine like you.

ReputationRep:
    My points are very valid it is not embarrassing to acknowledge that animal over population is a problem. It is embarrassing to be delusional and ignore the problems around us.
    Your points would be valid if animal shelters would stop turning away perfectly good homes because people don't fall into ridiculously strict criteria, eg no dogs to be adopted by people living on the 2nd floor of a building. Can you blame them for purchasing their pets from breeders? And don't even get me started with adoption fees. Not long ago the RSCPA was advertising a middle aged, plucked, with behavioural problems african grey parrot for £500, now who in their right mind would spend that money on that bird when you can get a baby - blank slate - african grey for £600 - £650. Any help that poor bird could hope to receive was crushed by that insane adoption fee.

And that's just one of the reasons why "all animals shouldn't be neutered".

ReputationRep:
    If you think I'm going to take orders from you, you're wrong. Either get your act together or GTFO this website. You don't own it so don't tell me I can't post counterarguments to your poor excuse of an argument.

'stupid comments' - Pah. That's rich coming from a dysfunctional, immature, unlettered swine like you.
    I think you are very rude calling someone retarded is very offensive being retarted menas someone has down syndrome which is a very sad ilness so you put your act together or do not use this website if you will use such bad langage which is very low of you mocking someone who can't deal with things in a mature way calling people dysfunctional and swearing using the f word.

I've translated your babble into English to make it easier to respond to. It's amazing that you think 'informal writing' means not using a full stop until the very end of a paragraph.

I think you are very rude. Calling someone retarded is very offensive. Being retarded means someone has Down's syndrome, which is a very sad illness so it is you who should put your act together. Do not use this website if you will use such bad language, which is very low of you - mocking someone who can't deal with things in a mature way, calling people dysfunctional, and swearing using the f-word.
    Now that that's done, let's get on with setting you straight.

I think you are very rude
    You can think? That's news to me.

Calling someone retarded is very offensive.
    I'm still waiting to hear what your point is. 'That's offensive' doesn't constitute an argument.

retarded means someone has Down syndrome
    No, it doesn't. Google's definition: 1. less advanced in mental, physical, or social development than is usual for one's age. 2. very foolish or stupid. You fit both perfectly. Nice straw man though.

so it is you who should put your act together.
    Oh, but my act is together. I have written, in legible English, plenty of reasoned responses to you on this thread and others. You, on the other hand, have wasted the time of just about everybody who's had the misfortune to try to decipher your blocks of poorly written English (I'm really starting to think you're using Google Translate to translate from a different language). You could be forgiven for that if you'd at least made a single good point; you haven't.

Do not use this website if you will use such bad language
    Didn't we establish that you're in no position to give me orders? Or did you miss that, in your hurry to come out with another senseless paragraph-sentence?

mocking someone who can't deal with things in a mature way
    How is it low of me to mock somebody who can't deal with things in a mature way? I don't like immature people and I doubt many others do either. It is the responsibility of immature people to grow the f**k up, not the job of others to accommodate their immaturity.

calling people dysfunctional
    Let's get another Google definition: 1. not operating normally or properly.
    2. deviating from the norms of social behavior in a way regarded as bad.

With the degree to which you are emotionally and mentally stunted, I think you fit the first definition quite well.

You really need to get out of this mindset that anything that you don't like being called is either inaccurate, an insult, or both. You are dysfunctional in both the emotional and mental sense unless you are lying about being 14 years of age. Nobody I know of that age is so mindbogglingly stupid. I do strongly suspect you're lying about that, by the way - your arguments have a certain 10-year-old quality to them.

swearing using the f-word.
    You're not the moral police on this server. Swearing is allowed and the swear filters do their job just fine. If you're too much of a baby to tolerate swearing, then don't go on forums where people swear. It's as simple as that.

Oh, and I didn't say the 'f-word' in any of my previous posts (I have in this one). So full marks for comprehension then...

ReputationRep:
    I've translated your babble into English to make it easier to respond to. It's amazing that you think 'informal writing' means not using a full stop until the very end of a paragraph.

Now that that's done, let's get on with setting you straight.

You can think? That's news to me.

I'm still waiting to hear what your point is. 'That's offensive' doesn't constitute an argument.

No, it doesn't. Google's definition: 1. less advanced in mental, physical, or social development than is usual for one's age. 2. very foolish or stupid. You fit both perfectly. Nice straw man though.

Oh, but my act is together. I have written, in legible English, plenty of reasoned responses to you on this thread and others. You, on the other hand, have wasted the time of just about everybody who's had the misfortune to try to decipher your blocks of poorly written English (I'm really starting to think you're using Google Translate to translate from a different language). You could be forgiven for that if you'd at least made a single good point; you haven't.

Didn't we establish that you're in no position to give me orders? Or did you miss that, in your hurry to come out with another senseless paragraph-sentence?

How is it low of me to mock somebody who can't deal with things in a mature way? I don't like immature people and I doubt many others do either. It is the responsibility of immature people to grow the f**k up, not the job of others to accommodate their immaturity.

Let's get another Google definition: 1. not operating normally or properly.
    2. deviating from the norms of social behavior in a way regarded as bad.

With the degree to which you are emotionally and mentally stunted, I think you fit the first definition quite well.

You really need to get out of this mindset that anything that you don't like being called is either inaccurate, an insult, or both. You are dysfunctional in both the emotional and mental sense unless you are lying about being 14 years of age. Nobody I know of that age is so mindbogglingly stupid. I do strongly suspect you're lying about that, by the way - your arguments have a certain 10-year-old quality to them.

You're not the moral police on this server. Swearing is allowed and the swear filters do their job just fine. If you're too much of a baby to tolerate swearing, then don't go on forums where people swear. It's as simple as that.

Oh, and I didn't say the 'f-word' in any of my previous posts (I have in this one). So full marks for comprehension then...

Using punctuation is not having your act together is your behaviour being good i am tired of your arrogance do not reply to my threads if they are stupid I told you once I am not telling you twice how stupid are you not to understand a simple request as such?
    DO NOT CLICK ON MY FORMS FOR GOODNESS SAKE YOU ARE VERY ANNOYING IF YOU WANT WAR YOU WILL HAVE IT !!! BECAUSE I GAVE YOU A WARNING BECAUE I AM TRYING TO USE VERBAL APPROPRIATE REASONING BUT IF YOU DON'T WANT TO I CAN BE MEAN IF I WANT TO!!

ReputationRep:
    If all you will do is make rude comments and mock people don't say anything nice to say don't say it I am making a good argument many animal are put down due to irresponsible owners not neutering their pets so maybe you should stop being unkind and rude and stop picking on people because when I will start looking at your threads and making rude comments and mocking you making you look bad.
    How will the human race survive if they are all unable to reproduce?

The only person making you look bad is yourself and your stupid points put forward.

ReputationRep:
    Using punctuation is not having your act together is your behaviour being good i am tired of your arrogance do not reply to my threads if they are stupid I told you once I am not telling you twice how stupid are you not to understand a simple request as such?
    DO NOT CLICK ON MY FORMS FOR GOODNESS SAKE YOU ARE VERY ANNOYING IF YOU WANT WAR YOU WILL HAVE IT !!! BECAUSE I GAVE YOU A WARNING BECAUE I AM TRYING TO USE VERBAL APPROPRIATE REASONING BUT IF YOU DON'T WANT TO I CAN BE MEAN IF I WANT TO!!

ReputationRep:
    My dog isn't spayed. I may get her spayed I may not, my choice. I have had her over 4 years, regular seasons. She isn't nor has she been pregnant.
    In some cases neutering can do more harm than good anyway especially if neutered too young as many are.

Neutering is a thing that should be discussed with ones vet and its a hugely personal choice.

My god, that's even worse than before. Is that even English? I shall attempt, regardless, to respond to it. I won't try to translate it but I shall correct your spelling of such complicated words as 'forum.'

Using punctuation is not having your act together is your behaviour being good i am tired of your arrogance do not reply to my threads if they are stupid
    'Good' behaviour, of the kind that you demand, where I just mindlessly agree with your wrong-headed 'arguments' (yes, I'm putting it in inverted commas because I don't consider them as such), won't be granted. I have been perfectly civil and reasonable, with the odd sharp remark in response to your own rambling bull****. As I've said before: learn to argue, or GTFO. It's as simple as that.

I told you once I am not telling you twice
    You just did, you simpleton.

how stupid are you not to understand a simple request as such?
    Clearly not as stupid as you, given your inability to realise, despite my clear statements, that it is not that I don't understand your 'request' (which is really a demand), I merely refuse to grant it on the grounds that you're an immature brat whose nonsense I will not up with it. Can you understand that or do I need to remove all necessary punctuation and rest your dead rabbit's severed ballsack on the caps lock key and forget it's there?

DO NOT CLICK ON MY FORMS FOR GOODNESS SAKE YOU ARE VERY ANNOYING IF YOU WANT WAR YOU WILL HAVE IT !!!
    forums*

Bring it on, by all means. Nice straw man, though. You should really start selling them for profit, since you make so many.

BECAUSE I GAVE YOU A WARNING BECAUE I AM TRYING TO USE VERBAL APPROPRIATE REASONING BUT IF YOU DON'T WANT TO I CAN BE MEAN IF I WANT TO!!
    because*

As stated above: bring it on. You're the only one who seems to think being 'mean', which is your word for pointing out the obvious without sugarcoating it, is a problem. I certainly don't. Go nuts.

Also, 'verbal appropriate reasoning?' Don't make me laugh. If your written English became any worse it might pass for a separate language altogether. Nor is there any hint of 'reasoning' in your nonsense posts. Just loads and loads and loads of drivel. You're clearly too young to be on this forum (which isn't, for the last time, your private property).

ReputationRep:
    My god, that's even worse than before. Is that even English? I shall attempt, regardless, to respond to it. I won't try to translate it but I shall correct your spelling of such complicated words as 'forum.'

'Good' behaviour, of the kind that you demand, where I just mindlessly agree with your wrong-headed 'arguments' (yes, I'm putting it in inverted commas because I don't consider them as such), won't be granted. I have been perfectly civil and reasonable, with the odd sharp remark in response to your own rambling bull****. As I've said before: learn to argue, or GTFO. It's as simple as that.

You just did, you simpleton.

Clearly not as stupid as you, given your inability to realise, despite my clear statements, that it is not that I don't understand your 'request' (which is really a demand), I merely refuse to grant it on the grounds that you're an immature brat whose nonsense I will not up with it. Can you understand that or do I need to remove all necessary punctuation and rest your dead rabbit's severed ballsack on the caps lock key and forget it's there?

forums*

Bring it on, by all means. Nice straw man, though. You should really start selling them for profit, since you make so many.

because*

As stated above: bring it on. You're the only one who seems to think being 'mean', which is your word for pointing out the obvious without sugarcoating it, is a problem. I certainly don't. Go nuts.

Also, 'verbal appropriate reasoning?' Don't make me laugh. If your written English became any worse it might pass for a separate language altogether. Nor is there any hint of 'reasoning' in your nonsense posts. Just loads and loads and loads of drivel. You're clearly too young to be on this forum (which isn't, for the last time, your private property).
    I am bilingual I am learning 2 languages additionally so shut up.You should get out of my thread as you are unhelpul and have nothing to contribute to the debate of neutering your animal.You are a simpleton I am not too young for this form I think you are too imature and too rude for this form age has nothing to do with being kind and mature

ReputationRep:
    Whilst it is not beneficial for all animals, i believe anyone with a dog and especially a cat should consider it. The exception being professional breeders and even then it would be nice if there was a reduction in these or more diversity. Less inbreeding of german shephards, bulldogs and pugs and maybe a few more professional breeders of crosses or 'mongrels'.

cats especially because they can freely roam and the method of conception is quite painful. It also leads to thousands of kittens for sale for 20 quid on sites like gumtree. Because they are so cheap, many of them get sold to people who cannot afford things like neutering and the cycle begins again. (And if you disbelieve me look at the amount of single kittens for resale on these sites or you local fb pets groups and see the correlation between cheap litters of kittens and people asking who will do vet services for free or delayed payment)

We really need to reduce the amount of animals going through rescue centres and I think tighter controls on breeding and a push for neutering would help that.

Things like small animals though, I would say mostly there is no need. For example, my guinea pigs will never see a male guinea pig so there is no risk of pregnancy, they are not aggressive or hormonal and it provides a big health risk to do the operation. A lot of vets refuse to neuter them. Also some hamsters should be kept alone so no point in neutering these either.

With things like horses, most males actually are because it makes them far far easier to handle, therefore there is no need for females to be done because the likelihood of them getting loose with a stallion is rare and breeding is more controlled. The sheer cost makes people think twice about breeding their horses anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alba2013)
    Your points would be valid if animal shelters would stop turning away perfectly good homes because people don't fall into ridiculously strict criteria, eg no dogs to be adopted by people living on the 2nd floor of a building. Can you blame them for purchasing their pets from breeders? And don't even get me started with adoption fees. Not long ago the RSCPA was advertising a middle aged, plucked, with behavioural problems african grey parrot for £500, now who in their right mind would spend that money on that bird when you can get a baby - blank slate - african grey for £600 - £650. Any help that poor bird could hope to receive was crushed by that insane adoption fee.

And that's just one of the reasons why "all animals shouldn't be neutered".
    I cant speak for exotic animals but our dog was £50 from a rescue centre - that included her being neutered and a vet check. I believe it's the same if not cheaper for cats in some places.

I do believe that they could be a bit less tight on their rehoming criteria though. If it's an old or very small dog that doesnt need a huge amount of exercise then not being on ground floor is fine.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    No they shouldn't. While overpopulation is a risk it's perfectly fine at the moment. Some animals are solitary creatures who will never get the chance to procreate anyway. With some animals it can cause more harm than good. It should be considered on a case by case basis.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    age has nothing to do with being kind and mature
    You've done a very poor job of demonstrating otherwise.

have nothing to contribute to the debate of neutering your animal
    This thread isn't a debate; it's masturbating your ego.

ReputationRep:
    Well to add to the debate, I recently left a job in animal welfare. Yes animal rescue centres of all kinds are overflowing and there are many unwanted pets that are killed, left abandoned in the wild to die (domesticated animals struggle in the wild).

To say that humans are interfering and animals would overpopulate anyway (as someone said in an earlier post) is kinda misleading as the domestic animal population may have been artificially boosted by the luxurious lifestyle we afford these animals i.e. perhaps if they were left to their own devices, the population would not be so high? I don't know.

What I do know is that we're talking about domestic animals here, not wild ones. By their very nature they generally cannot live in the wild, most of them need us (yes I know there are exceptions). So if rescue centres are full and shelters kill unwanted animals, doesn't that tell you that we are producing too many animals for the population of humans to cope with?

OK the OP didn't phrase her sentiments clearly but it is a very emotive topic and so I'm not surprised....

I've lost count of the number of idiots I met who didn't neuter their pets, allowed them to have huuuuge litters of babies and then proceed to give those babies away to people who kinda didn't really want them and went on to neglect them. It drove me to tears on many occasions. All the while, shelters and rescue centres are full of sad lonely animals without a loving home. Not fair. Just not right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by black_mamba)
    OK the OP didn't phrase her sentiments clearly but it is a very emotive topic and so I'm not surprised....
    To understate it ever so slightly. :lol: I particularly enjoyed that bit about trying to argue in favour of castrating paedophiles by assertion. It was like, 'we have to neuter paedophiles because I said we have to.'

I've lost count of the number of idiots I met who didn't neuter their pets, allowed them to have huuuuge litters of babies and then proceed to give those babies away to people who kinda didn't really want them and went on to neglect them. It drove me to tears on many occasions. All the while, shelters and rescue centres are full of sad lonely animals without a loving home. Not fair. Just not right.
    Not entirely in agreement here. I do think humans tend to have tunnel vision on this particular issue. What gives us the right to neuter animals because we want the company of a live, furry animal that isn't a baby? I know it's uneconomical for most people, but if they need to neuter a pet to keep it, then they shouldn't be keeping it. People are not entitled to keep pets, regardless of what they might think.

I'm surprised the RSPCA and other animal rights groups are in favour of this nonsense policy of neutering animals - it seems like a lesser of two evils choice, I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BoogieWoogie97)
    To understate it ever so slightly. :lol: I particularly enjoyed that bit about trying to argue in favour of castrating paedophiles by assertion. It was like, 'we have to neuter paedophiles because I said we have to.'

Not entirely in agreement here. I do think humans tend to have tunnel vision on this particular issue. What gives us the right to neuter animals because we want the company of a live, furry animal that isn't a baby? I know it's uneconomical for most people, but if they need to neuter a pet to keep it, then they shouldn't be keeping it. People are not entitled to keep pets, regardless of what they might think.

I'm surprised the RSPCA and other animal rights groups are in favour of this nonsense policy of neutering animals - it seems like a lesser of two evils choice, I suppose.
    Totally see where you're coming from. It IS manipulative on our part (pretty standard human behaviour I guess, we manipulate so much in nature).

I neutered my dog because I didn't want her to have babies which we couldn't rehome. I have seen the fear in neglected and abused animals' eyes first hand and had to rehabilitate and it physically sickens me (actually it affected me so deeply I quit working in animal welfare, well it was one of many reasons). I guess my strong emotional reaction to that ill behaviour is to ensure that my poor dog doesn't pop out babies that go on to be abused in that way.

Definitely the lesser of two evils.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.