The Student Room Group

Do you find swearing a turn off?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by elliemayxo
trussssss me daddy

Not bad.
I swear in like every other sentence so it would be super hypocritical to be turned off by a lad swearing just as often :smile:
Yes, it is a turn off. Especially when you are trying to insult someone. Why not use sophisticated insults, for example in the style of Trotsky, who once insulted Stalin by calling him ''the most eminent mediocrity in our party''.
Original post by Bengali
IMO its ok in moderation but a turn off if too much. I also dont like those T shirts with swear words on them, its attention seeking

I think guys are more tolerant of girls who swear than the other way around. Some of the guys I know see swearing as being a sign of having a strong personality

If they swear every other words, then yes because personally, I feel that it gets a little irritating
Reply 46
I don't mind swearing at all and it would be kind of awkward to be with someone who had a problem with it. I don't really like people who swear a lot in public though - I think it shows lack of consideration for those around you. Also I once lived with a girl who said f uck every second word, she was also really loud and boisterous, so hearing it all the time like that was a bit much.
No, I wouldn't consider it to be a turn off. I'd only have an issue with it, if it was used excessively and unnecessarily.
I'm sure most of us swear on the occasion at least? But I associate excessive swearing with aggressiveness, so yea, in short, i guess it would be a turn off

Posted from TSR Mobile
In the rights places I find swearing rather attractive.
In moderation it's okay

Posted from TSR Mobile
No, not at all. I don't mind if someone swears in every sentence. Its only if they swear at me as insult then I would be annoyed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending