Turn on thread page Beta

Do you find swearing a turn off? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiabloDesmond)
    I find your avatar more of a turn off more than swearing.
    http://i2.mirror.co.uk/incoming/arti...niel-Craig.jpg

ReputationRep:
    I'm secretly turned on man. I had to say that to keep my manhood :l

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elliemayxo)
    trussssss me daddy
    Not bad.

ReputationRep:
    I swear in like every other sentence so it would be super hypocritical to be turned off by a lad swearing just as often

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it is a turn off. Especially when you are trying to insult someone. Why not use sophisticated insults, for example in the style of Trotsky, who once insulted Stalin by calling him ''the most eminent mediocrity in our party''.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bengali)
    IMO its ok in moderation but a turn off if too much. I also dont like those T shirts with swear words on them, its attention seeking

I think guys are more tolerant of girls who swear than the other way around. Some of the guys I know see swearing as being a sign of having a strong personality
    If they swear every other words, then yes because personally, I feel that it gets a little irritating

ReputationRep:
    I don't mind swearing at all and it would be kind of awkward to be with someone who had a problem with it. I don't really like people who swear a lot in public though - I think it shows lack of consideration for those around you. Also I once lived with a girl who said f uck every second word, she was also really loud and boisterous, so hearing it all the time like that was a bit much.

ReputationRep:
    No, I wouldn't consider it to be a turn off. I'd only have an issue with it, if it was used excessively and unnecessarily.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure most of us swear on the occasion at least? But I associate excessive swearing with aggressiveness, so yea, in short, i guess it would be a turn off

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    In the rights places I find swearing rather attractive.

ReputationRep:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbiqsTvQ8Gc

ReputationRep:
    In moderation it's okay

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No, not at all. I don't mind if someone swears in every sentence. Its only if they swear at me as insult then I would be annoyed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 7, 2015
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.