Turn on thread page Beta

Tell me how your day was.. watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somemightsay888)
    Frustrating, needed to change my bank account to a student additions one, told I could do it over the phone. Instead all I got for 30 minutes was some demented Indian woman saying "sorry, sorry, so sorry" like Jay from the ****ing Inbetweeners and then finally I was told "sorry, it turns out you can't actually do it on the phone, you have to go into a branch" :mob:

****ing Barclays.

Haha, that made me laugh! It's always the way, mainly when you call up your mobile phone network provider... takes you about 1 hour to get through to someone who actually understands what you're saying!.

And that's why I'm with Halifax

ReputationRep:
    It was great Got a few compliments on the way and had a laugh with my friend. We had lunch together and went to a nice lovely place. Can't wait to meet her again on the 12th.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    No particular make i just love those suit trousers, it is so nice to wear trousers after 5 years of being forced to wear skirts
    Ohhh I see. I love Mango and Zara clothing when it comes to stuff like that, it's really elegant and womanly.

(Original post by elliemayxo)
    Really!? how come! I always say how i'd love to do that. I think i'm going with college soon... everyone is going on about how boring it'll be but personally I think i'd really enjoy it.
    I went on a tour with school as I take Government& Politics A-level.(Our first lesson was in Parliament)!
    Although we weren't allowed to go in the Houses as they were talking about the refugee crisis and we weren't to disturb them. :rolleyes:
    It was interesting to see how much parliament has changed over the years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iSerendipity)
    Spent the day shopping and catching up with friends. Now my adorable 3 month old nephew is cuddling up to me as I type this :love: good day I think

Aw nice, what did you buy?? I went shopping the other day, went a little crazy... but a lady should always be able to treat herself!.

Aww that's so sweet. I'm glad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Black Cat)
    Nothing significant been watching suits all day had to catch up with the recent episodes and was left with a cliffhanger need to wait until January for the new season to come out I also had to ring up student finance to sort out a few things but they were being as slow as ever. Well the only upside today was me getting a new fresh trim so feeling pretty good at the moment
    Student finance blew mine as well.

ReputationRep:
    Aww bless you.. sometimes letting out all the emotions is the best thing to do I hope you're ok now, it's nice that you're seeing a positive. This time of year is always a bit iffy.
    Thank you for your kind reply you're right, September can be quite daunting! I hope you've had a good day ^^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aamirac)
    I went on a tour with school as I take Government& Politics A-level.(Our first lesson was in Parliament)!
    Although we weren't allowed to go in the Houses as they were talking about the refugee crisis and we weren't to disturb them. :rolleyes:
    It was interesting to see how much parliament has changed over the years.
    I really wanted to study Government & Politics but sadly in school I didn't pay enough attention and went through a rough stage, there for I didn't have the requirments to be able to do so, but ah well... plenty of time to still be able to do what I want to do .

That sounds so interesting, i'd love to go there and see it all for myself. I've seen it in person before, but never been inside. If it's confirmed that I'm going with my college, I will be so happy!!.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hevachan)
    Thank you for your kind reply you're right, September can be quite daunting! I hope you've had a good day ^^
    You're welcome! yes it can, I love winter and everything.. but I always find that around this time it can be a little depressing and morbid, BUT... It's all about having your positive mindset and a good outlook! I love it when people still see the positives even though it seems like everything is going wrong, that's some serious mind power.

I've had a good day thanks, went back to college today and got a new time table etc... Instead of having a Wednesday off I'll get a Tuesday off, which seems like the most pointless thing! would prefer to have a 3 day weekend, but oh well. At least I don't have to go to bed early tonight, not that that ever stops me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SourLikeLemon)
    It was great Got a few compliments on the way and had a laugh with my friend. We had lunch together and went to a nice lovely place. Can't wait to meet her again on the 12th.
    Aww that sounds nice, where did you go? glad you enjoyed your day.

ReputationRep:
    It was okay, highs and lows.

Highs- my new chemistry teacher is lovely, I was ahead in physics and my lessons were very laid back today. Also, my mum bought me some after eights

Lows- being given 130 marks of chemistry homework to complete by tomorrow, and giving up before starting 😂 Plus, having to explain to my new teacher why I didn't think I was good enough for Oxford uni and everyone in the room turning around to listen.

ReputationRep:
    Busy. Very busy. But good. Negotiated a couple of deals, organised some coaching, made some dinner and then went to the gym. Now relaxing with a beer.

ReputationRep:
    good, saw the bf, went for a walk

also not my rant but :rofl:

I really wanted to study Government & Politics but sadly in school I didn't pay enough attention and went through a rough stage, there for I didn't have the requirments to be able to do so, but ah well... plenty of time to still be able to do what I want to do .

That sounds so interesting, i'd love to go there and see it all for myself. I've seen it in person before, but never been inside. If it's confirmed that I'm going with my college, I will be so happy!!.
    Oh really, we didn't have any requirements for GovPol, just that we passed english I guess,
    You know you could probably pester the head or whose in charge of you lot to make sure you book it, so you can see the Houses.
    It was good today, the members House of Lords were present as well as the Commons so we got to see them all in the robes and cloaks, the full get up.

ReputationRep:
    My day has been spent asleep and commuting to and from work. In the middle of a run of 6 nights at the moment and we've had a real busy weekend so I'm just getting home in the morning and crashing out for the day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aamirac)
    Oh really, we didn't have any requirements for GovPol, just that we passed english I guess,
    You know you could probably pester the head or whose in charge of you lot to make sure you book it, so you can see the Houses.
    It was good today, the members House of Lords were present as well as the Commons so we got to see them all in the robes and cloaks, the full get up.
    Yeah, sadly. And I think I might all though no one else is up for it, maybe i'll go on my own!!.

Urgh I'm so jealous. I wish I didn't ask further questions about it now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M0nkey Thunder)
    A bit annoyed because everyone's found a vase that my sister broke, but I was apart of, and I was shouted at because of it.
    Awww. It'll be forgotten about by tomorrow
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    my day jsut went bad bc i have lost the pencil i was doing my coursework with behind the computer

brb while i fish it out....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bibliophile101)
    It was quite good, I started my first day at grammar school for sixth form and I was kind of nervous but it turned out to be quite calm and relaxed
    I'd of been nervous too, I get nervous sometimes just leaving my house!.

I'm glad you enjoyed it, hopefully you will meet some interesting people and learn alot during your time there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cherie Amour)
    I woke up out of my sleep too soon to turn the A.C. on. I couldn't get back to sleep and have been lounging on here. Just waiting for Uni to start again.
    Haha, sounds like something I would do. Once you wake up during the night it's almost impossible to fall back to sleep.

What are you studying at uni?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.