Turn on thread page Beta

What is your all time favorite book (or book series)? watch

ReputationRep:
    I used to love the Cherub series

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hevachan)
    Ohh really, I tried reading the first when I was younger but found it too depressing.. does it get happier?
    Haha that's why it's named unfortunate events As the series progresses, there isn't many happy scenes, apart from when they escape from dangerous situations with Count Olaf, but it's tension and action more than anything
    Have you watched the movie that covered books 1,2 and 3?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lovinlife2)
    Haha that's why it's named unfortunate events As the series progresses, there isn't many happy scenes, apart from when they escape from dangerous situations with Count Olaf, but it's tension and action more than anything
    Have you watched the movie that covered books 1,2 and 3?
    Oh dear Haha I suppose it was a silly question!
    Noo I havent ^^ would you recommend them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hevachan)
    Oh dear Haha I suppose it was a silly question!
    Noo I havent ^^ would you recommend them?
    Sorry for the late reply!

Haha no worries at all Yes definitely go for it! I mean, even if you don't want to read the books, go for the movie and see if you like it

This is the best trailer that I could find that gives you a short, and good overview of the books covered in this film

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lovinlife2)
    Sorry for the late reply!

Haha no worries at all Yes definitely go for it! I mean, even if you don't want to read the books, go for the movie and see if you like it

This is the best trailer that I could find that gives you a short, and good overview of the books covered in this film
    Awwh it looks alot funnier than i expected xD I thought it would be serious.. i'll have to watch them

ReputationRep:
    The Culture.

It's what made realize I am politically very left wing :moon:

After that it is Discworld for making me realize I am a humanist.

ReputationRep:
    Mary Shelley's "Frankenstein", even though there are many other books that I love.

ReputationRep:
    So hard picking just one, but I'll have to go with Catcher in the Rye.

ReputationRep:
    Favourite book: The Book Thief

Favourite series: Harry Potter (but Chaos Walking by Patrick Ness is a very close second)

ReputationRep:
    I love most fantasy/YA dystopian books but my two favourite series are Harry Potter and.Skulduggery Pleasant.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My favourite book is "One flew over the cuckoo's nest".

I like it because I found the story to be very exciting and it had a good theme to it. It made the Oscar Winning film (won the main five at that) appear to be a let-down!

ReputationRep:
    Harry Potter, LOTR, Charlie Bone, Alex Rider, The Book Thief, The Kite Runner, Septimus Heap (Magyk, Flyte, etc)...

ReputationRep:
    How to train Your Dragon! (and no the films DO NOT give the books justice at all...)

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.