Turn on thread page Beta

Is there a danger that bored,rebellious teens might see islam as 'cool'? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Waqar Khanny)
    People like you need to study the religion not base your 'facts' from stupid people who call themselves Muslims. A true Muslim is one who does not harm another, one who follows the sayings of the prophet and the holy book.
    And these "rules" piss people off more than ISIS.

ReputationRep:
    People don't seem so mean, ignorant and judgmental on other websites.

We might be young but we're not complete idiots. It's not hard to spot the difference between right and wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Well isn't this nice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nottie)
    And these "rules" piss people off more than ISIS.
    if u don't like the rules don't follow them, we're not making u everyone has a choice. We happen to like our rules

ReputationRep:
    Pfft Islam... Cool? Hahahahahahhaahahahhahahahahahah haahhahahahahahahhahahahahaha

ReputationRep:
    Just to lighten up the mood - I am with Drewski!-As soon as they see the no alcohol and no bacon rules they'll think twice. (thought this was v quick n funny!)

Bored teenagers? consider studying some more?

ReputationRep:
    if u don't like the rules don't follow them,
    expert that's not true is it. Muslims when they are a majority in a country to tend to force non muslim to follow the rules of islam (such as the restrictions on drinking and pork)

ReputationRep:
    if u don't like the rules don't follow them, we're not making u everyone has a choice. We happen to like our rules

Dont argue with them they will never understand.
    let them say what they want to say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reformed)
    this has already happened with the likes of IS in syria etc. im sure with other older islamic groups in the past too

islam will become the new 'gang' for young underachieving youths who are looking for thrill of violence , street prescence and respect from other like minded peers that rejects mainstream society- especically as much of uks muslim population shares the same sorts of council estates etc that traditionally have been gang territory
    These people are not muslims they just call them selfs that....

ReputationRep:
    You people are just scared, you hate the fact that Islam is the only fastest growing religion. If our views are wrong why are so many people converting to Islam ...hmmmn care to enlighten me?
    You can't do anything about the fact that no matter how much you try and make our religion look bad, we still have many many many people joining us.

FACE IT...YOU PEOPLE ARE SCARED
    And many, many, many more people are leaving Islam. The ex-Muslim movement is growing all the time, despite the fact that the 'religion' prescribes the death penalty for those who leave. The number of converts to Islam is absurdly tiny, whatever you like to pretend - a couple of thousand a year in the UK, out of a population of over 60 million. Meaningless. And 75% of converts to Islam leave again within a few years anyway.

"If our views are wrong why are so many people converting to Islam" If your views are right, why are so many people leaving Islam? And can you explain why you think the number of people who believe something must make it true? More people in the world are Christian than Muslim, does that mean Christianity is true? Nearly as many people in the world are Hindu as are Muslim, and some westerners become Hindu too, does that mean Hinduism is true? When most people in the world believed the earth was flat, did that make it true? Many other religions have been the 'fastest growing' at some point too (and Islam isn't anyway), does that make them true? You're using the argumentum ad populum fallacy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlevelsareH4rd)
    No doubt they'd say the same about you. What authority do you have to proclaim takfir on other Muslims? Isn't that forbidden?

ReputationRep:
    No true Scotsman

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Achaea)
    No doubt they'd say the same about you. What authority do you have to proclaim takfir on other Muslims? Isn't that forbidden?
    Calling my self Muslim and acting differently than what my religion say means that Islam is bad?????

ReputationRep:
    Calling my self Muslim and acting differently than what my religion say means that Islam is bad?????
    I have no idea what that means. Try to express yourself more clearly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Achaea)
    I have no idea what that means. Try to express yourself more clearly.
    If I go and blow a place and then after blowing it, say that I am a Muslim and I am not will this mean that all Muslims wanna bomb other place's too???

Funny thing is that Islam is a peaceful religion

Edit: Pretending that I am a Muslim and blow up a place will this mean that all muslims wanna blow other places too?

Gonna go to a lesson now will talk later

ReputationRep:
    If I go and blow a place and then after blowing it, say that I am a Muslim and I am not will this mean that all Muslims wanna bomb other place's too???

Funny thing is that Islam is a peaceful religion

Edit: Pretending that I am a Muslim and blow up a place will this mean that all muslims wanna blow other places too?

Gonna go to a lesson now will talk later
    Strawman. Nobody's ever said that it's compulsory to blow things up in Islam, or that all Muslims do it or have to do it. That doesn't mean that Muslims who *do* blow things up are not Muslim.

'Islam is a peaceful religion' - that never gets any less funny even after hearing it 83493 times.

ReputationRep:
    i dont follow your rules, but Muslims try to force them onto other countries where they live in. Like hallal food in popular fast food places like subway etc.

ReputationRep:
    What is the danger of teens converting to Islam? It is highly involved to convert religions and so very few would do so just because they think it's "cool". I also don't understand the rebellion aspect.
    In terms of extremist fighters, perhaps they attract young teenage girls because they promise them that they are important, and the cornerstone of creating a nation. Our culture values aspects of being a teenage girl i.e. appearance, but very rarely does it tell girls they are important (although we in the west are much better treated than those promised a better life supporting the ISIS nation-state.)

ReputationRep:
    Rebellion in modern western society, almost has everything to do with taking drugs, drinking and doing other bad stuff.

This is the opposite of good Muslim behavior, we respect parents, don't drink or take other intoxicants, don't waste time in clubs, and we are humble to God, so I can't imagine a western teenager 'rebelling' by doing any of these things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJlover)

This is the opposite of good Muslim behavior, we respect parents, don't drink or take other intoxicants, don't waste time in clubs, and we are humble to God, so I can't imagine a western teenager 'rebelling' by doing any of these things.
    No true Scotsman

and you need to get out more.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.