The Student Room Group

Anyone doing Computer science at GCSE?

Scroll to see replies

its utter ****e dont ever try and even do it just drop the gcse

- FROM 3 STUDENTS, 2 OF WHICH GOT A*s and 1 WHO GOT AN A.
I am.To be honest, when I chose it I didn't really know what I was getting myself into and at the start I wanted to take up on my teacher's offer of switching subjects. But I realized I quite enjoyed the logical thinking and was able to keep up very well. I'm in Year 11 now and am totally enjoying the subject. If you enjoy logical thinking you will love CS. However, be warned, unless you are willing to keep up with the work, do not choose it!
Reply 42
It'd be useful if someone is doing Small Basic and the exam board is OCR too, and could help me basically re learn everything since I haven't learnt much, the teacher is useless really and I've been asking to drop it numerous times but I'm not allowed and its frustrating.
I have slight knowledge but I can't seem to apply it, like I really don't know what to write
Original post by Magical
It'd be useful if someone is doing Small Basic and the exam board is OCR too, and could help me basically re learn everything since I haven't learnt much, the teacher is useless really and I've been asking to drop it numerous times but I'm not allowed and its frustrating.
I have slight knowledge but I can't seem to apply it, like I really don't know what to write

I feel you :/ I remember doing small basic. Personally, I found small basic in year 9 or 10 (not sure which year?) soooo much better than python. With small basic you get more visual outcomes like pictures but with python well it's just a text and really basic games if you're really good at it.
Anyone know code codecademy?
Original post by Magical

thank me later

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxSWH6hIO5k&list=PL04uZ7242_M5n3zzAhcX-eslHud2Lyycd

and do past papers.. every single one.
wjec anyone?
Reply 47
Original post by geniequeen48
I feel you :/ I remember doing small basic. Personally, I found small basic in year 9 or 10 (not sure which year?) soooo much better than python. With small basic you get more visual outcomes like pictures but with python well it's just a text and really basic games if you're really good at it.

I suppose, but I've genuinely haven't learnt much, like I don't know how to programme. I'm doing a controlled assessment currently and I have to use it but if I'm struggling with the most basic kinda software thing, then I'm hopeLess in everything else..

Quick Reply

Latest