Turn on thread page Beta

I hate being black watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cherie Amour)
    Recommend me a song.
    Summertime - Vybz Kartel😎

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure this is somehow my fault as a cis white male.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTruthTeller)
    I bet you get bare attention cuz u look like shakira and don't let her put you down. What you mixed with?
    I'm not saying here because I've already offended people.

ReputationRep:
    She might be a right munter in the face dept despite features, you know.
    Do you get off on putting people down?

ReputationRep:
    I used to hate my skin colour too (for about 2/3yrs), partly because I lived in a predominantly white area whom many have not seen a black person; and would constantly abuse me (partly about my features). This is a common feeling lots of people from ethnic background experience.

Don't try to compare to others who are completely different from you. Whenever those thoughts appear try to distract yourself from it, and I'd suggest trying at a new hobby (e.g. sports, dance or even go jog occassionally) that would boost your confidence a bit. There's far more to life than looks.

Edit: don't bother with therapy.

ReputationRep:
    and don't let her put you down.
    Ouch.

Get high by the beach- Lana del Ray
    On your ones- mic righteous

Tell me what u think of them lighty need to know ur musical critiquing ability gal
    I like Mic Righteous.

(Original post by amoham)
    Summertime - Vybz Kartel😎

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You're a dark Asian and listen to Vybz?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Law-Hopeful)
    Do you get off on putting people down?
    Seeing as you've only spoken to me once, and in one thread, I'll just accept this is visceral and move on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Friar Chris)
    I'm sure this is somehow my fault as a cis white male.
    (Original post by bassbabe)
    Don't pay so much attention to the media. It's constantly white is beautiful and that's it.
    While it would be good to get more women of colour in the media and it's definitely something positive you still have to remember that not every white person looks like Megan Fox. Maybe 5% of WW live up to the media standard of beauty anyway. Look how common anorexia is in WW compared to others. We all feel the pressure of unrealistic standards that goes for men too, yes even white ones! But yes I will agree BW more so but they are trashed mostly by other black people. It's just my opinion but we can't just blame white people for not representing us when the black community represents us as 'bit**hes', 'hoes' and golddiggers through rap music and entertainment which is even worse to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    I totally understand.

ReputationRep:
    Ouch.

I like Mic Righteous.

You're a dark Asian and listen to Vybz?
    I listen to mic righteous too lol, I listen to all types, mostly rap and hip hop. If u think that was weird how about I top it off and tell you I have a scouse accent XD

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Seeing as you've only spoken to me once, and in one thread, I'll just accept this is visceral and move on.
    I'll take that as a yes.

ReputationRep:
    I listen to mic righteous too lol, I listen to all types, mostly rap and hip hop. If u think that was weird how about I top it off and tell you I have a scouse accent XD

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not weird, I like. Where are you from, country and town, please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scrotgrot)
    I'm white and while obv that does mean white girls on average come top I think black girls are the hottest of the races which are "other" to me. Even hotter than east Asian which is usually the second choice for most. So shake what yo momma gave ya sister

Skinny is hotter across the board though so if you are fat do give losing weight a go, but don't hate being black and/or the physical characteristics that come with it
    Skinny being more attractive although pushed by media is your opinion. Not everyone likes skinny? It wouldn't matter if she wasn't skinny. It's like you're saying to love your skin but change the things that the media says isn't attractive

ReputationRep:
    Not weird, I like. Where are you from, country and town, please?
    Born in Sri Lanka , raised in Liverpool most of my life , currently living in Leicester

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Born in Sri Lanka , raised in Liverpool most of my life , currently living in Leicester

Posted from TSR Mobile

Expect a PM tomorrow morning. Night night.

ReputationRep:

Expect a PM tomorrow morning. Night night.
    Haha night night

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAfyFTzZDMM
    (Original post by kkboyk)
    I used to hate my skin colour too (for about 2/3yrs), partly because I lived in a predominantly white area whom many have not seen a black person; and would constantly abuse me (partly about my features). This is a common feeling lots of people from ethnic background experience.

Don't try to compare to others who are completely different from you. Whenever those thoughts appear try to distract yourself from it, and I'd suggest trying at a new hobby (e.g. sports, dance or even go jog occassionally) that would boost your confidence a bit. There's far more to life than looks.

Edit: don't bother with therapy.

ReputationRep:
    Try being a dark skinned Asian :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What's wrong?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehforum)
    What's wrong?
    Nothing really, being in Leicester which is like 90% Asian, majority are light skin Asian. I sometimes get some stick but its all harmless banter

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Geniekittie)
    Skinny being more attractive although pushed by media is your opinion. Not everyone likes skinny? It wouldn't matter if she wasn't skinny. It's like you're saying to love your skin but change the things that the media says isn't attractive
    Well we can't know what exactly she means, I would say the majority of men find women skinnier than average hotter than women fatter than average.

This is a cultural construct of course: food is so freely available in our society that there is no premium on fatness as a demonstration of abundance. Abundance being equal, those with resources use discernment as a means of differentiating themselves and a premium appears on slimness as a demonstration of discernment over food (combined with health and fitness; emaciation is not attractive).

A similar thing happens with ornamentation. Look at all the Queen's tacky gold get-up on her throne, carriages, crown etc. Today it looks stupidly tacky because you can get shiny gold looking crap at Laura Ashley. But back then it was a demonstration of abundance. Today the middle classes prefer minimalism in their ornamentation.

It may be a cultural construct but it's not something invented by the media (nothing is invented by the media ex nihilo), although certainly pushed and magnified by it. The media certainly also favours white over ethnic minority women so I am not really on board with your last sentence

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.