The Student Room Group

Nottingham A108 Medicine with a Foundation Year 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 1lastchance
Does the fact I recieved a band 4 in SJT mean I won't be considered?

It does say that people that achieve band 4 will no longer be considered
I'll send you a link

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by spiritless98
It does say that people that achieve band 4 will no longer be considered
I'll send you a link

https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/medicine/documents/ugstudy-docs/a100-and-a108-scoring-system-2016-entry.pdf

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have applied for this course and I am hoping to get in!!! I got 33 points for UKCAT and 17 for GCSE's.
Good Luck to everyone applying!
Reply 43
GCSEs: 1 A* 3As 6Bs 1C
A2 subjects: Maths, Biology and Chemistry
A2 (predictions or achieved): ABC (I'm resitting units)
ECs: Volunteering at King's College Hopital, Involved with schools fundraising team for 5 years, Work experience at Primary School, Work experience at a charity run work place.currently reading a book called Complications by Atul Gawande, this is a true story based on a surgeon.

Do you think I will be offered an interview
I've done my UKCAT and recieved the points that they used in their examples on their website. They said that Entry criteria is BCC
Original post by uummiiee
GCSEs: 1 A* 3As 6Bs 1C
A2 subjects: Maths, Biology and Chemistry
A2 (predictions or achieved): ABC (I'm resitting units)
ECs: Volunteering at King's College Hopital, Involved with schools fundraising team for 5 years, Work experience at Primary School, Work experience at a charity run work place.currently reading a book called Complications by Atul Gawande, this is a true story based on a surgeon.

Do you think I will be offered an interview
I've done my UKCAT and recieved the points that they used in their examples on their website. They said that Entry criteria is BCC

It depends on the strength of your application compared to others

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys, so I got 725 AV in UKCAT but an SJT band of 4😂😂😂. Lol. Will I be rejected?
I wasn't really in the right frame of mind. My dad died during my AS exams and when I wa sitting the UKCAT I didn't feel myself
Original post by audreygal
Hey guys, so I got 725 AV in UKCAT but an SJT band of 4😂😂😂. Lol. Will I be rejected?

Did you get an email today?
And we can't say for sure aha
You'll find out!!! Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by spiritless98
Did you get an email today?
And we can't say for sure aha
You'll find out!!! Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep, I got an email
Does anyone know how we're supposed to access the MyNottingham Portal? I don't think I have received any information about this prior to the email we have just received, or is it just me?
Original post by Shabbii12
Does anyone know how we're supposed to access the MyNottingham Portal? I don't think I have received any information about this prior to the email we have just received, or is it just me?

You should have received an email from Nottingham Uni, a 'Thank you for your application'. Within that email, it tells you how to log onto MyNottingham Portal :smile:
what email?
Original post by Cee cee98
what email?

I couldn't find it in my inbox either, but I eventually discovered the emails hidden in my junk mail folder so check there.
How many points are/were required in order to be considered further after the point system, i.e. getting your PS read? I have 44 points, and I dont know if this is good or bad lol? :frown: Its my terrible GCSE's that bring me down..
Reply 54
I called Nottingham on Wednesday and they said that they had started giving interviews in batches. Anyone heard from them yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dunkman
I called Nottingham on Wednesday and they said that they had started giving interviews in batches. Anyone heard from them yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope..I can feel the rejection coming tbh. How many points do you have?
Reply 56
Original post by qwerty123A
Nope..I can feel the rejection coming tbh. How many points do you have?

I have 30 from the UKCAT and 19 from the GCSE section. So a total of 49

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dunkman
I have 30 from the UKCAT and 19 from the GCSE section. So a total of 49

Posted from TSR Mobile

What did you get at GCSE/AS and in your UKCAT, if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 58
Original post by futureMED1
What did you get at GCSE/AS and in your UKCAT, if you don't mind me asking?

GCSE - 2 A*'s 7A's 4B's and a C
AS - ABBC
A2 - ACC (retaking modules in chemistry and biology, predicted 2 A*'s. A in maths)
Ukcat - 660 average and Band 2

I'm a gap year applicant but I achieved what they asked for in the entry requirements :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 59
Has anyone got any interview invites yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending