Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi im doing paediatric nursing and start in February 2016. Recently recieved accommodation on Frenchay Campas flat 26 Wallscourt Park House. And wanted to know if anyone else was in this flat, haven't found anyone yet.

ReputationRep:
    We don't have to have had all the screening on the occupational health forn do we? I thought it was just so they could sort out what we need before we go on placement but i'm not sure!?

ReputationRep:
    I'm unsure with the occupational health screening, doesn't make it very clear. I think some of it is done in the induction week.

ReputationRep:
    yeah I think we have to hand it in during induction week but i have no idea when i had any of those injections!

ReputationRep:
    You should be able to go to your GP and ask for a list of the injections that you've had and the dates that they were given
    (Original post by emma.crosse)
    yeah I think we have to hand it in during induction week but i have no idea when i had any of those injections!

ReputationRep:
    The contract is from 1st Feb, what day was anyone thinking of getting keys?

ReputationRep:
    I always thought that they'd give us a moving in date, but I'm not too sure

ReputationRep:
    Oh right okay! Guess we'll see!

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I'm starting in feb too, to do children's nursing. Have you guys heard anything from the uni yet about joining forms?

ReputationRep:
    Hii! Not apart from the one in which you have to write about injections/vaccines! Which accommodation are you in? Also have you uploaded a photo for your ID card? It says you need ti do it before you go!

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe how quick its all come round! I think i'm going to upload my photo tonight so thats out of the way, but i'm starting to worry as I haven't had my dbs come through in the post yet has anyone else?

Also I'm not sure whether its best to get books now or wait to see what ones they recommend during our induction week, and same with nursing shoes

ReputationRep:
    Ive had my dbs back! With the books and shoes think im going to wait as then you can get the right ones! They'll tell you which are recpmmended but yeah so much to think about!

ReputationRep:
    I'm slightly worrying about my dbs, but I sent off the form like the day before it was due so hoping thats the reason and that it hasn't been lost in the post!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah probably! It does take a while to come back to ve fair! Mine did!

ReputationRep:
    I've got accommodation in glenside until August

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting Adult Nursing in Feb too, I'm staying in Aspen House, Glenside.

ReputationRep:
    When are you thinking about moving in? 😄

ReputationRep:
    So trying to register with a GP and found that the flat i am in isnt on the drop down list. Anyone else got this problem?

ReputationRep:
    I've had the same problem too! So annoying.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't registered yet as I still need to see my doctor before I leave to sort out all injections etc, but are either of you having trouble with the timetable? like I have to go to week 29 which is the week we start to get any info, but I've noticed that the information on the timetable clashes with the registration session we have to attend that was posted on our uwe blackboard, I'm just so clueless

sorry if that makes no sense!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 14, 2016

University open days

1. University of the West of England
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
  2. University of the West of England
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 3 Nov '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.