Turn on thread page Beta

Do you plan on having kids? watch

• View Poll Results: Do you plan to have kids?
    Yes
    60.78%
    No
    20.92%
    Not sure
    15.03%
    I cant have kids
    3.27%

ReputationRep:
    Yes!

About 4 would be nice since there was only 2 of us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    I've been married 3 years now and would love to have kids but I'm so scared of passing mental problems onto them. I couldn't subject another person to that.
    I have the exact same problem... my nan passed them onto my mum.. my mum passed them on to me.. I really don't want to continue this chain :/ it is one of my biggest concerns

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, when I'm older...2 or 3 preferably

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully I'll have just one boy, wouldn't be able to deal with a daughter or multiple children.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hereandthere)
    Yes!

About 4 would be nice since there was only 2 of us.
    Haha 4 is a bit crazy... I have 3 siblings and tbh idk how my mum coped :'] the worst was when my brother split my sisters head open by dropping the pram on the curb... o.o

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamestg)
    Hopefully I'll have just one boy, wouldn't be able to deal with a daughter or multiple children.
    How come you couldn't deal with a daughter?

ReputationRep:
    I can't wait to have my own offspring. But it will obviously have to wait until I am in my 30s - which is so much better IMO, I always think older parents who are young at heart and open are and will be better, they just have more life experience and know more also.
    I also want them because I know I would make a really good parent ...I'd teach my kids everything I ever wanted as a child & what's actually useful and give them good experiences.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drowzee)
    I want children, no more than three. I know it is late, but I want my first child when I'm around 34/35.
    that's not late, it's normal and sensible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    I've been married 3 years now and would love to have kids but I'm so scared of passing mental problems onto them. I couldn't subject another person to that.
    yeah, i feel you on this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hevachan)
    How come you couldn't deal with a daughter?
    I don't want to spout loads of 'generalisations' so I won't fully answer that. A primary reason is having a twin sister and that has kind of put me off daughters, just knowing the havoc that would cause. Puberty with teenage girls emotional wise etc is also more full on than with boys - boys generally don't show their emotions so I won't have to deal with that stuff. Obviously I'd make sure they're okay for sure though...
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    3 kids between 25 and early 30's, hopefully

ReputationRep:
    Yes after i am married about 28-32
    About 3-5
    3 boys and 2 girls
    Or 2 boys and 2 girls
    Or 2 boys and 1 girl

I'd love to have children but I can't have them ...

ReputationRep:
    Yes, after marriage 2-3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hevachan)
    Oh dear O.o I never thought children was such a politics based decision haha

Ah fair enough ^^ yeah that's a nice way of thinking about it! Having a girl sounds complicated though as so many people dress their kids up like mini mes T_T what happened to everyone wearing adidas trackies and hand me downs? I wore my brothers clothes until i was 12.. haha
    Also I forgot to add that I think bringing new life into the universe is ultimately immoral as all life inevitably leads to suffering. Plus I'm a bit of a misanthropist and don;t want to bring new humans into the world and human society.

But I will prbbaly get biologically conned into having children at some point.

I'm not crazy I swear :'(

(Original post by littlenorthernlass)
    I'd love to have children but I can't have them ...
    Yes you can.
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    Yes, but not in the near future.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Changing Skies)
    Maybe like 23/24. But obviously it depends on my situation around then

Edit: ideally, I'd like a baby at about 21 but that's just not practical
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    My mum did that.
    I had to be a C section cuz I was dieing

ReputationRep:
    My future lifestyle habits make it impossible to have children.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    The older I get the more I think kids aren't for me. There's too much against it.

Maybe a girl one day will convince me, but I don't think I could in good conscience have a child when there are so many children already alive who need a family.

ReputationRep:
    Nope I don't plan on having any, ever. Thankfully I'm with a guy who feels the same was me so that's a big relief.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.