Is your life boring? watch

ReputationRep:
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    sometimes it is
    but then sometimes its all good
    ups and downs really

ReputationRep:
    I had a full time job till 1 month ago. I had to quit that job to start studying at university next week but I quit to early because I thought that it would be nice to "chill" for a while before uni starts.

To some extent this is true and I've been away for a week on a course with the RAF but to be totally honest sometimes I find myself waking up in the morning with absolutely no purpose.. I guess that's because I'm used to being so busy all the time :/
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    From the outside it may seem so.

Maybe I'm just a hamster running around on his little wheel, but I am happy and wish that things would stay as they are forever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by william walker)
    I must say this is very disappointing for me. I was hoping that you would be painting majestic landscapes perfectly capturing the detail and light which is before you. With your dogs running around and sitting by your feet begging for attention. I love pointing and I wish I could do it. Being able to put down on paper a vision in your head or a memory which you would otherwise forget.

The same with your choice of reading. I was hoping for the Greek classics, Roman philosophy and maybe some 17th century British political theory and of course the Bible.
    Do you also think i smoke a pipe and wear tweed while drinking chai tea on a veranda? Im an irish country boy living in the irish countryside not an 18 century aristocrat

a few things. firstly Ive spent a long time (not to mention the money spent) getting my painting skills to the level I can now paint at. You may not think its anything great but to myself I am proud of it, it something i put a lot of work into it. There are better painters out there than me but i can still be proud of what i have accomplished.

Next, my dogs get plenty of attention. they are walked every day and get lots of fuss and love.

Third im going to paraphrase Stephen King here - if you want to paint then paint. Get a canvas, a pencil, paints, crayons, sketchbooks, whatever you want to draw on and do it. Get a book on how to do it or watch a youtube video. Yes your first attempt wont work, or your second but with effort, practice and time you CAN do it. But dont sit there and deride the way i do it because you cant.

Fourth, what i read is my choice. I dont give a damn about British politics, Im pagan so hardly likely to read the bible (though i have read it), I do read mythology (greek and norse mostly) but yeah mostly scifi fanstasy and horror. Again my interest and my choice.

(Original post by Pheonixfeather3)
    Your life sounds amazing! Can we swap?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by littlenorthernlass)
    That sounds amazing.
    Ha ha, and i thought everyone would be calling me a saddo.

But nope, I've done the rat race and Im very happy to be out of it.

ReputationRep:
    It used to be. Now I've changed it and I'm having a ball

ReputationRep:
    "Every morning I ask myself if today were the last day of my life would I want to do what I am about to do today"- Steve Jobs

I end up saying no because my life is practically just studying atm

ReputationRep:
    Extremely boring. All I do is work, commute and sleep and then sit around watching TV on my days off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by william walker)
    It is wonderful for me.

The weather isn't boring, the landscape and wildlife isn't boring. So... Do you live in a city by any chance?
    haha yh I live in London. Everyone is moody here...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yo bee)
    Just wondering as sometimes I have an existential crisis. Anyone else?
    Because we are wasting it in front of a computer screen.

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.