Turn on thread page Beta

Why is it that guys always seem to be friendzoned more than girls? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TorpidPhil)
    Well you said it yourself then. Insanity = mental immaturity.
    Ok. Let's remember what the disucssion is here.

We've already divulged why it seems women friendzone more. Can we agree that it's because guys can initiate an FWB as some depraved idea of a reconciliation, and only a certain type of girl would agree to it? Which would then answer OP's question?

As far as my level of maturity or not, that's for another day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sweet n Sour)
    Ok. Let's remember what the disucssion is here.

We've already divulged why it seems women friendzone more. Can we agree that it's because guys can initiate an FWB as some depraved idea of a reconciliation, and only a certain type of girl would agree to it? Which would then answer OP's question?

As far as my level of maturity or not, that's for another day.
    :hand:

Stop. You seem to have a very warped view of men in general and I don't really want to bother discussing this whole thing any longer than I have. I actually suspect at this point you're just a troll.

ReputationRep:
    :hand:

Stop. You seem to have a very warped view of men in general and I don't really want to bother discussing this whole thing any longer than I have. I actually suspect at this point you're just a troll.
    Why do people do that around here? Disagree=troll? So in real life when you're at work and a colleague disagrees with you, do you put your hand in their face and call them a troll?

And just two posts ago you said I was right.
    And after I came to you a couple days ago on a personal level on why I was heartbroken, you provided all this emotional support, and then you say this to me? Someone's either convinced you against me or you're bipolar.

I'd rather end the discussion here as well, and you call me immature.

ReputationRep:
    Why do people do that around here? Disagree=troll? So in real life when you're at work and a colleague disagrees with you, do you put your hand in their face and call them a troll?

And just two posts ago you said I was right.
    And after I came to you a couple days ago on a personal level on why I was heartbroken you say this to me? I'd rather end the discussion here as well, and you call me immature.
    Your twisting my words and changing what you said. I have no interest in that. There's nothing to be gained from it. And you didn't actually tell me anything about that. You just said you were and you wanted revenge over and over and over and over.

ReputationRep:
    Your twisting my words and changing what you said.
    When did I do either of those things? This conversation really isn't deep enough for all of this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ed's Balls)
    Oh no, an imaginary concept created so that guys can complain when a girl is not interested in them :eek:
    It's not an "imaginary concept". The situation in which a guy likes a girl, but the girl thinks of him as just a friend certainly exists doesn't it?

Whether or not the guy complains about it later is another matter.

ReputationRep:
    No idea. Honestly I could care less.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tazarooni89)
    It's not an "imaginary concept". The situation in which a guy likes a girl, but the girl thinks of him as just a friend certainly exists doesn't it?

Whether or not the guy complains about it later is another matter.
    An imaginary concept is redundant anyway...

No concepts are real - you can't go out and grab one and put a concept in your pocket.

ReputationRep:
    An imaginary concept is redundant anyway...

No concepts are real - you can't go out and grab one and put a concept in your pocket.
    lol, true.

ReputationRep:
    The 'friendzone' is a concept made up by guys so they can feel like victims when they are a nice/decent person towards a female and aren't rewarded with sex.

(Original post by Ed's Balls)
    Oh no, an imaginary concept created so that guys can complain when a girl is not interested in them :eek:
    This.

There is no friend zone. If you find yourself there, you're full of ****. Friendships make the best foundations for relationships, so any guy who find themselves in the friend zone is deluding himself, and any girl who says 'aw but I don't want to spoil our friendship' is lying to try and spare the guy's feelings.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Girls have a lot more options, if they get turned down they just find someone else

Friendzone doesn't exist though. If you're being nice to someone expecting something in return then you aren't very nice at all.

ReputationRep:
    they don't want to get attached to some nerd
    Here's the thing: I think most girls reject a guy they don't like physically, like a nerd.
    What's wrong with nerds¿ :erm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Because girls get **** zoned

When a guy just wants to bang them but doesn't want a relationship or have feelings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon_98)
    What's wrong with nerds¿ :erm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I never said anything was wrong with nerds, but if you keep your eyes open you'd see those are the ones getting friendzoned.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 21, 2015
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.