Turn on thread page Beta

The Tories are going to give us the biggest recession ever seen! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parentlurker)
    I'm not going to vote for Tory fools and there are no other sort of Tories.
    Just vote Conservative then

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elliot_97)
    Britain is the fastest growing g7 economy. How can u say the economy is in a mess? Countries are now copying us. Unemployment down. Jobs up. Yes it hasn't been all good and I would agree some cuts are too severe but you still cannot say the economy is in a mess

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It is coming. The end times are upon us

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill_Gates)
    The Tories are going to give us the biggest recession ever seen!

Endless amounts of QE and government policies which have put billions into speculative assets will burst. 2008 will seem like a dream. UK can not print itself to prosperity.

All the statistics show we're heading for a mammoth recession
    - Enormous spare capacity (many are still unemployed)
    - Declines in supermarket share prices due to dwindling sales (people are switching to NON branded products, never seen before)
    - Assets overblown - property prices rising as fast as 2008 even though wages are steadily declining alongside equities
    - Rise of automation will drive down further any chance of a rebound
    - Sub prime mortgages creeping back, enormous consumer debt globally
    - Corporations sitting on billions of cash not investing same for the elderly

i could go on for days.

Good luck!
    I feel you. I use to be a proper Conservative but the way the Tories have shifted is more towards US Libertarian-ism + Crony Capitalism.

They cease to become Conservatives. If you vote Conservative now your just voting for Social Darwinism.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Betelgeuse-)
    It is coming. The end times are upon us
    Your a Christian too? Good to know.

ReputationRep:
    the economy is in a mess and the balance of payments is getting worse, as it does when you go for austerity politics. We have more people in the country than it can support.

My advice to my kid - leave.
    And yet we find ourselves in a position of having record employment levels, the highest growth rate amongst Europe for jobs (more jobs created in the uk than the rest of Europe combined.

Rather substantial pay rises.

It's almost as if you believe everything opposite to what is happening.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MatureStudent36)
    And yet we find ourselves in a position of having record employment levels, the highest growth rate amongst Europe for jobs (more jobs created in the uk than the rest of Europe combined.

Finally, someone talking proper facts!

Labour will spend spend spend and we'll be back to square one

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Isn't that usually Labour's tactic?
    If you actually think Jeremy Corbyn, the anarchist, borderline communist, terrorist sympathiser, can do a better job then you are fool.
    John Mcdonnell can't decide whether he agrees with George Osbourne or not and the secretary for food, environment and rural affairs is a VEGAN so what would they know about meat products when they don't even eat it? Plus Corbyn wants to get rid of Trident. The Labour party is a threat to our economic security and National security and any one who disagrees needs to rethink.
    The last Labour government was bad enough but if Corbyn was to get into power it would be CATASTROPHIC. If he gets in I'm getting out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crb822)
    Isn't that usually Labour's tactic?
    If you actually think Jeremy Corbyn, the anarchist, borderline communist, terrorist sympathiser, can do a better job then you are fool.
    John Mcdonnell can't decide whether he agrees with George Osbourne or not and the secretary for food, environment and rural affairs is a VEGAN so what would they know about meat products when they don't even eat it? Plus Corbyn wants to get rid of Trident. The Labour party is a threat to our economic security and National security and any one who disagrees needs to rethink.
    The last Labour government was bad enough but if Corbyn was to get into power it would be CATASTROPHIC. If he gets in I'm getting out!
    byes

ReputationRep:
    byes
    That's right, feel free to ignore what I said just because it's the truth.

ReputationRep:

High employment doesn't mean poverty is cured. There is massive levels of employment in third world countries yet people are still living in poverty why is this MatureStudent?

They spending all their money on **** and SKY TV? They surely can afford satellites in shanty towns. Wait let me ring my mate up in Vietnam. He'll confirm it for you! JOKE!

You can have an apprentice working 35 hours a week 9 to 5 yet on min wage he/she will only be earning £3.87 a hour. That is less than £136 a week. Out of that comes rent and everything else. There is a good chance this worker will be living in poverty.

In fact it has became the custom now for companies to find loop holes in apprenticeship law and offer jobs under a 1 year temporary apprentice contract. No qualifications are given and after the year is up they are sacked. The company then finds another sucker to buy into the phony job contract. This results in cheap labor for a good amount of companies.

This has been going on for years! Companies use to hire disabled apprentices to get thousands of pounds in funding and then after 6 months they would sack them for problems related to their disability!

But no matter.

David Cameron said he is going to create loads of Apprenticeships in this 5 year term. I bet he does but I also bet majority of these people aren't going to be young people. There will be loads of people tricked out of receiving the national living wage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by illegaltobepoor)
    High employment doesn't mean poverty is cured. There is massive levels of employment in third world countries yet people are still living in poverty why is this MatureStudent?...

You can have an apprentice working 35 hours a week 9 to 5 yet on min wage he/she will only be earning £3.87 a hour. That is less than £136 a week. Out of that comes rent and everything else. There is a good chance this worker will be living in poverty.
    Better to be earning money and acquiring useful jobs skills than to not be getting neither at all.

ReputationRep:

Try looking at hours worked - more part time jobs, fewer full time. And at how many of the jobs go to those born overseas.

Wages rises for the already well off, top 1% race ahead aided by tax reductions

It's almost as if you believe everything you read in the Daily Mail

ReputationRep:

Endless amounts of QE and government policies which have put billions into speculative assets will burst. 2008 will seem like a dream. UK can not print itself to prosperity.

All the statistics show we're heading for a mammoth recession
    - Enormous spare capacity (many are still unemployed)
    - Declines in supermarket share prices due to dwindling sales (people are switching to NON branded products, never seen before)
    - Assets overblown - property prices rising as fast as 2008 even though wages are steadily declining alongside equities
    - Rise of automation will drive down further any chance of a rebound
    - Sub prime mortgages creeping back, enormous consumer debt globally
    - Corporations sitting on billions of cash not investing same for the elderly

i could go on for days.

Good luck!
    We are approaching the Keynesian Natural Rate of Unemployment. Unemployment is low right now.

ReputationRep:
    Try looking at hours worked - more part time jobs, fewer full time. And at how many of the jobs go to those born overseas.

Wages rises for the already well off, top 1% race ahead aided by tax reductions

It's almost as if you believe everything you read in the Daily Mail
    I tend to go what the office of national statistics say, which doesn't tally with what you're saying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bupdeeboowah)
    Better to be earning money and acquiring useful jobs skills than to not be getting neither at all.
    What if you already have useful job skills? There are people who have been retail managers sent to poundland to stack shelves. The work program is a joke. It would be much better if people could find their own placement and get job skills which they can use! You know like being a Electricans mate and go round learning how to wire up factories and houses. Or what about doing a Intern at a top software development company.

You are aware we have graduates sent to do mundane jobs when they could be doing internships for emerging new small businesses and creating more wealth at the same time.

No instead of this people either have to stack shelves or apply for mundane jobs which 1000s of other people are apply for. The solution to full employment is to expand the job market not to over saturate it!

You need to remember that Labor = Money. Labor is a cost in a business. If you force someone to be a slave then you are robbing them of money & opportunity. For example a Work Program Slave earns just £2 if they are on top rate of Job Seekers Allowance. Chances are they aren't going to excel into a productive job because the high street is on the decline and automation is increasing.

When you finish your Degree your learn Graduates avoid the Job Center like the plague. Doesn't mean they are lazy. Job Center is basically for unskilled workers.

I wouldn't trust a job center worker with a spoon. Most of them are dumb simpletons.

ReputationRep:
    I tend to go what the office of national statistics say, which doesn't tally with what you're saying.
    Actually it does, you either don't understand statistics or you haven't read beyond the headlines.

ReputationRep:
    Actually it does, you either don't understand statistics or you haven't read beyond the headlines.
    I do and I did.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.