Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinkerbell_xxx)
    Coconut oil also works! I use it and my eyelashes are thicker and look much better. I can definitely tell the difference when I stopped using it. My eyelashes would fall out more

Are there any proper BB creams from UK brands?

My beauty tip would be oil cleansing for the face and seche vite topcoat on the nails. It gives you a really glossy finish and prevents chips
    Honestly I'd just order some from Korea online. Many offer free postage and it ends up being no more expensive than buying a bb cream from superdrug or boots. But it's by far so much better.

I personally use Missha Perfect Signature in #13 the lightest shade. I buy it off ebay from a seller who sells loads of korean cosmetics and skin care. Also whenever you buy something from them they also always give cute little samples of other korean cosmetics and skin care. They're very lovely sellers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    Can confirm, I order my BB cream from Korea. For one because nowhere else matches my skin tone. And secondly they are just miles ahead of us and much better at skin care and makeup.
    You use Korean skincare line as well?? :five: I really like their products!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnimeFreak101)
    You use Korean skincare line as well?? :five: I really like their products!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes
    Also quite like Holika Holika. Skin Food is great for skin care, I love their toners (not at all drying like western ones) and TonyMoly is awesome too. Recently bought the TonyMoly Bloomy Bunny Perfume stick as a gift for my sister in law. Love it.
    • PS Helper
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Coconut oil also works! I use it and my eyelashes are thicker and look much better. I can definitely tell the difference when I stopped using it. My eyelashes would fall out more

Are there any proper BB creams from UK brands?

My beauty tip would be oil cleansing for the face and seche vite topcoat on the nails. It gives you a really glossy finish and prevents chips
    Oh I actually have a whole thing of coconut milk, I had bought it for my hair but it made it so greasy :cry2: I can try it with this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lyrical_lie)
    Oh I actually have a whole thing of coconut milk, I had bought it for my hair but it made it so greasy :cry2: I can try it with this
    Coconut milk or oil?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Coconut milk or oil?
    Hahah! Oil, my bad

ReputationRep:
    Hahah! Oil, my bad
    Is your hair thin? Sometimes oils can weigh down the hair. Try just using it on the ends and stay away from the roots!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Is your hair thin? Sometimes oils can weigh down the hair. Try just using it on the ends and stay away from the roots!
    It's the opposite, far too thick! I think I just put it up too close to the roots and far too much on it

ReputationRep:
    Apply Vaseline on face before bed and you'll wake up with a clear brighter looking tone!

ReputationRep:
    It's the opposite, far too thick! I think I just put it up too close to the roots and far too much on it
    Oh wow, my hair is really thick but the oil seems to work well on me, even on my roots. Did you shampoo twice to get it out?

ReputationRep:
    Body brushing and sleep on a silk pillow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    Honestly I'd just order some from Korea online. Many offer free postage and it ends up being no more expensive than buying a bb cream from superdrug or boots. But it's by far so much better.

I personally use Missha Perfect Signature in #13 the lightest shade. I buy it off ebay from a seller who sells loads of korean cosmetics and skin care. Also whenever you buy something from them they also always give cute little samples of other korean cosmetics and skin care. They're very lovely sellers.
    i use the missha bb cream too (milky beige or whatever the lightest shade is called). it's great. have you tried any others that you'd recommend? was looking to try out a new one (Pond's Luminous Finish BB+ Cream seems to have good reviews) but i'm not sure.

ReputationRep:
    like someone said before: BLEND!!!
    and -layer makeup. Keep adding more until your satisfied, dont throw loads on and try to blend it out.
    Dont make your foundation look flat: conceal/highlight under eyes and forehead and concentrate it in the middle of your face.

-use foundation to suit your skin: if you have clear skin use a light cover up, if you have even skin too dont wear any at all!

Contour/highlight literally makes you look 100x better (when done well and lightly).
    Only MUA's/people with experience can get away with that Kim Kardashian contour style sorry ladies.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Drink plenty of water and wash every three days.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say just wurk it bby gurl
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Oh wow, my hair is really thick but the oil seems to work well on me, even on my roots. Did you shampoo twice to get it out?
    Ahh shampooing. Now it all makes sense. I thought it was like hair serum...

ReputationRep:
    Put olive oil on your hair and face at night (I find coconut oil irritates my skin). Then wash off in the morning.

Don't over pluck your eyebrows

Keep your skin hydrated by drinking water often. Don't cake it in makeup.

Don't smoke.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh shampooing. Now it all makes sense. I thought it was like hair serum...
    If you are going to use it as a serum, you literally need to use a drop for your whole head and stay away from the roots.
    But you can use coconut oil as a hair mask and shampoo it out to give you shiny and soft hair

ReputationRep:
    Decent amount of sleep. Can't beat that.

ReputationRep:
    If you want to get rid of spots spray Savlon on them, I've had the worst acne since I was about 12 and nothing got rid of them. Cream from doctors never even worked, this actually can get rid of blackheads too.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.