Turn on thread page Beta

Don't Be fooled by the muslims and jews, listen to Darwin watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miltosvistos)
    Don't make laugh,please.
    Evolution and the big bang prove there is no god.
    Certainly it disproves the god of christianity,islam and judaism, which is an old bearded man sitting on a cloud, who cares at what day you work and what you eat.
    This just proves to me u have no idea about islam. we have no depiction of god. nor do we draw our prophets because it is forbidden as it might lead us to worshiping dead men

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zargabaath)
    You don't need to prove there's no god, just as you don't need to prove unicorns exist or you don't need to prove that you didn't commit a crime. If you're making a claim then the ownus is on you to prove it. Other wise it's just that - a claim. Faith in something we cannot see, hear or measure is moronic.

Btw, religion forbids stuff that was viewed as wrong in the opinion of whoever it was that wrote it. Unless you're saying homosexuality is bad for people and society or that slitting an animals throat and letting it bleed to death is good for society and ourselves.
    Was Isaac Newton a moron? He was religious. J.K. Rowling, C.S. Lewis, J.R.R. Tolkien and the Brontes were as well. All of these people are or were very intelligent, educated and enlightened individuals, and brilliant writers.

Actually, I am a vegetarian. I do not believe it is right to kill or harm any living creature. I believe that we are all God's creatures, and it is the job of humanity to protect and care for them.

I do not believe that homosexuality is bad for people. I have friends who are LGBTQ. Not everyone with a religion is homophobic.

Open your mind beyond your narrow beliefs. You will find life much more enjoyable that way., I feel no need to search for endless evidence that everything is real. I am not stupid, I merely believe in different things to you.

You cannot measure the beauty of a sunset, or explain how you can be transported to other worlds by a story. But that does not mean that there is no beauty in the sunset, does it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by koh1234)
    This just proves to me u have no idea about islam. we have no depiction of god. nor do we draw our prophets because it is forbidden as it might lead us to worshiping dead men
    you still believe in an imaginary god.
    and islam has caused the most damage in recent decades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katty3)
    Was Isaac Newton a moron? He was religious. J.K. Rowling, C.S. Lewis, J.R.R. Tolkien and the Brontes were as well. All of these people are or were very intelligent, educated and enlightened individuals, and brilliant writers.

Actually, I am a vegetarian. I do not believe it is right to kill or harm any living creature. I believe that we are all God's creatures, and it is the job of humanity to protect and care for them.

I do not believe that homosexuality is bad for people. I have friends who are LGBTQ. Not everyone with a religion is homophobic.

Open your mind beyond your narrow beliefs. You will find life much more enjoyable that way., I feel no need to search for endless evidence that everything is real. I am not stupid, I merely believe in different things to you.

You cannot measure the beauty of a sunset, or explain how you can be transported to other worlds by a story. But that does not mean that there is no beauty in the sunset, does it?
    When will you understand that there is no god???
    And that the "god" you are referring to , exists only in your twisted and superstitious imagination .
    Go read Darwin's On The Origin Of Species, before writing such posts in here please.

ReputationRep:
    What the absolute **** mate, are you calling me a ****ing animal, I'll rip your jaw out.

Also, our only true lord and destroyer is the Emperor of the Sea,Cthulhu!

PRAISE CTHULHU! MAY HE CLEANSE THE EARTH OF LIVING BEINGS AND DESTROY ALL!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zargabaath)
    You don't need to prove there's no god, just as you don't need to prove unicorns exist or you don't need to prove that you didn't commit a crime. If you're making a claim then the ownus is on you to prove it. Other wise it's just that - a claim. Faith in something we cannot see, hear or measure is moronic.

Btw, religion forbids stuff that was viewed as wrong in the opinion of whoever it was that wrote it. Unless you're saying homosexuality is bad for people and society or that slitting an animals throat and letting it bleed to death is good for society and ourselves.
    You have things backwards. The religious person believes God exists and has their own standard of evidence (e.g. 'belief', the Bible). If you want to convince them that God does not exist then the burden of proof is on you not them (i.e. you have to falsify their claim with your own evidence).

This is why lots of scientists do not bother even engaging in debates like this because they know that there are certain conceptions of God which can never been falsified and religious people have different standards of evidence which they are willing to accept as proof of God's existence. But that does not make the scientist any more or less rational than the religious person. In fact, it can swing the other way and lead to a type of philosophical scepticism where you cannot prove anything exists at all. Real science is actually very messy as conditions outside of mathematics and physics make designing perfect experiments almost impossible

You also have a very one-sided view of religion. It is very easy to condemn religion but it has done a lot of good too (e.g. largely responsible for the slave trade being abolished).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aamirac)
    So where did that come from? Who created that/them? How did it come to be?
    just because something is unexplainable doesnt make it religion's cause. just means we don't know yet.

ReputationRep:
    And that the "god" you are referring to , exists only in your twisted and superstitious imagination .
    Go read Darwin's On The Origin Of Species, before writing such posts in here please.
    I believe that there is a God, and my imagination is neither twisted nor superstitious. Darwin never claimed that there was no God. He merely said that species evolved.

Read about Darwin's life and work before making erroneous claims please. Please learn to accept those with beliefs that differ from your own.

ReputationRep:
    all living organisms evolved from a single common ancestor ( a single celled bacteria ) .
    Oh yeah? then what did that single celled bacteria eat for food then?

The Sea was too acidic to live in and there was no sunlight for photosynthesis because the sky was acrid like Venus's atmosphere. You have sorely misappropriated Darwin's ideas he never disproved a Creator-God [abiogenesis].

ReputationRep:
    I believe that there is a God, and my imagination is neither twisted nor superstitious. Darwin never claimed that there was no God. He merely said that species evolved.

Read about Darwin's life and work before making erroneous claims please. Please learn to accept those with beliefs that differ from your own.
    Ok, keep believing in an imaginary being.
    Open a newspaper from everyday of the week from every country, you will see children being murdered by their parents, children dying of disease...where is your god tell me????Spolier- he doesn't exist.
    Have you ever looked at nature: it's mercyless out there, the Tiger devours the weak Zebra, the shark eats the poor little fish. Everyone devours the other. What did the poor zebra do the the tiger to be killed like that?!?!?? Looking at the world and at nature it screams that there is no god there with all that cruelty.
    I heard a great quote about it from a smart atheist writer " If there is but one mistake in the universe, the worship of a god is a terrible humilation". Look at all the children being killed. Your god doesn't exist.

ReputationRep:
    You have not demonstrated how the Origin of Species proves God does not exist. As anosmianAcrimony suggested Darwin's theory of natural selection has little bearing on creation itself. It is interesting that you choose not to engage people who have actually read Darwin's works!

For your own benefit, I will tell you that Darwin made one reference to humans in the Origin of Species. It was a reference to a tribe which was supposed to practice cannabilism. In his chapter on variation under domestication he discussed how old women were killed and eaten by the tribe because they were perceived to have less utility than dogs. Ironically, this reference was falsified by - among others - an Anglican missionary.

Please stop talking about Darwin when you have clearly never read his works. You simply make yourself look stupid.

ReputationRep:
    Open a newspaper from everyday of the week from every country, you will see children being murdered by their parents, children dying of disease...where is your god tell me????Spolier- he doesn't exist.
    Have you ever looked at nature: it's mercyless out there, the Tiger devours the weak Zebra, the shark eats the poor little fish. Everyone devours the other. What did the poor zebra do the the tiger to be killed like that?!?!?? Looking at the world and at nature it screams that there is no god there with all that cruelty.
    I heard a great quote about it from a smart atheist writer " If there is but one mistake in the universe, the worship of a god is a terrible humilation". Look at all the children being killed. Your god doesn't exist.
    How on Earth is that proof that God doesn't exist? There is cruelty in the world, yes. But there is also kindness. People taking in children with no parents out of the goodness of there hearts, and risking there lives to save another.

There is mercy. There is kindness, often from unexpected sources. Child cruelty is a terrible thing, but it is not simple. Psychology is still in its infancy, and there are often many. many causes to a person's behavior. The fact that these things are in the newspaper indicates how shocking we find them.

The quality of your writing has not improved in the slightest.

ReputationRep:
    How on Earth is that proof that God doesn't exist? There is cruelty in the world, yes. But there is also kindness. People taking in children with no parents out of the goodness of there hearts, and risking there lives to save another.

There is mercy. There is kindness, often from unexpected sources. Child cruelty is a terrible thing, but it is not simple. Psychology is still in its infancy, and there are often many. many causes to a person's behavior. The fact that these things are in the newspaper indicates how shocking we find them.

The quality of your writing has not improved in the slightest.
    = a religious person's unsecssful attempt at explaining the unimaginable cruelty of life that proves that their imaginary god doesn't exist in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    Now you show yourself to be philosophically ignorant. Contrary to you what you believe the 'problem of evil' has no bearing on the existence of God (even an anthropomorphic conception of God).

Step away from your computer and give yourself a shake. You know far less than you think you do.

ReputationRep:
    = a religious person's unsecssful attempt at explaining the unimaginable cruelty of life that proves that their imaginary god doesn't exist in the first place.
    Still unintelligible. You have not proved that God does not exist. The existence of evil does not disprove the existence of God. If you actually knew anything about religion you would understand this.

ReputationRep:

I am rather fond of C.S. Lewis myself. Rather than engaging Miltosvistos further I would like you to think of the dwarves in the stable in The Last Battle.

ReputationRep:
    Still unintelligible. You have not proved that God does not exist. The existence of evil does not disprove the existence of God. If you actually knew anything about religion you would understand this.
    I have.
    All of this random cruelity and injustice that we see everywhere in the world, both in nature and of course in human society proves that there is no god.
    Besides the scientific explanations of course which also disprove your little imaginary friend in the sky.
    How on earth can you believe in god when there is such cruelity and injustice in the world.
    Tell me something,does the tiger that kills the zebra goes to trial for that?!?!?

ReputationRep:
    My advise to you- stop believing in imaginary beings in the sky.
    You are waisting your life believing in something and fearing sinething that doesn't even exist, I hope that someday you will realise it.
    The motto : There is no god, now enjoy life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evantej)
    I am rather fond of C.S. Lewis myself. Rather than engaging Miltosvistos further I would like you to think of the dwarves in the stable in The Last Battle.
    I loved the chronicles of Narnia when I was little. I now read the books to my baby brother.

My favourite book of all time is Jane Eyre, though.

ReputationRep:
    There is no god.
    There never was any.
    We, as the great Charles Darwin
    ( which was the greatest thinker of all time in my opinion) proved, like all living organisms evolved from a single common ancestor ( a single celled bacteria ) through billions of years, by means of the magnificent process of natural selection.
    We are nothing but primates . We are a bunch of apes walking around aimelessly, on an insignificant tiny planet in an infinite universe.
    As there is no god, nothing is forbidden.
    All religious laws and taboos are inventions of people.
    Don't listen to the jews and muslims, and enjoy your life.
    There is no afterlife. We only live once and then... well, how to put it nicely, were dead forever.
    So listen to me, instead if waisting your life on religion and appeasing sn imaginary god just enjoy life, because remember we only live once.
    What a mockery of Miltosvistos that this post by aamirac has more reps than his. :laugh::laugh:

That must feel/must have felt like a slap in the face, once you realise/realised it.

(Original post by aamirac)
    So where did that come from? Who created that/them? How did it come to be?
    Also Miltosvistos, just interjecting my own opinion on the matter (though I'm not going to say all my opinions), we are hardly walking around aimlessly, if we set ourselves a purpose. People like you really annoy me, the way they just diminish what humans are, instead of being truthful about it.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.