Turn on thread page Beta

Hysterical Tory attacks are not a sign of weakness. watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibzombie96)
    This is being blown out of all proportion. Corbyn is not being smeared by everyone at every opportunity. He is having his own words repeated - this is not a smear tactic. Of course a lot of the opinion pages are anti-Corbyn and oppose his policy positions, but that's because a majority of the country (and certainly those who read the papers) oppose his policy positions. On the matter of reporting his personal life - this is always going to happen. As Leader of the Opposition, he is a celebrity and people want to know about his personal life. The same was done with David Cameron. Just as he was caricatured as a posh Etonion, Corbyn will be subjected to the same stuff.
    The fact that nearly every single newspaper headlined on the front page about Corbyn and the national anthem pretty much proves it.
    the trade union bill passed a day earlier which shackles unions and reduces worker rights didn't make any of those front pages.

The media yet again gloss over what the Tories do and focus solely on personal attacks on labour.
    There was a post on here a couple of weeks back showing a selection of what Corbyn said and how the media twisted it in their headlines.
    It's nothing short of propaganda. The media is by and large the propaganda wing of the Tory party, they don't scrutinise the government or hold it to account.

It's utterly disgraceful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    They are part of the plan. This is an example of why Tories are so confident with a Corbyn win. It's incredibly easy to throw a load of mud and make it stick. They are defining Corbyn as a threat to the country before he can define himself. I don't think it is a case of they are scared of him and are panicking. This is all planned and they love it.

I hope I am wrong at it backfires on them but I don't think it will.
    What I think it is, is the conservatives have always won on personal attacks and not policy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    They are part of the plan. This is an example of why Tories are so confident with a Corbyn win. It's incredibly easy to throw a load of mud and make it stick. They are defining Corbyn as a threat to the country before he can define himself. I don't think it is a case of they are scared of him and are panicking. This is all planned and they love it.

I hope I am wrong at it backfires on them but I don't think it will.
    It will backfire Corbyn for PM

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.