Turn on thread page Beta

Ladies: Perfect Waist Size of Your Ideal Man watch

• View Poll Results: LADIES: Perfect Waist Size of Your Ideal Man?
    28"
    4.17%
    29"
    4.17%
    30"
    20.83%
    31"
    0%
    32"
    20.83%
    33"
    0%
    34"
    12.50%
    35"
    8.33%
    36"
    0%
    37"
    0%
    38"
    0%
    39"
    0%
    40"
    4.17%
    41"
    0%
    42"
    25.00%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    In the grand scheme of things you're right, no woman is going to get their measuring tape out and accept/refuse a date based on the results :lol: I also see the poll to be pointless as, although height is mentioned, it's not taken into account in the poll, and it's also too precise for anyone to realistically vote on it anyway. "Do you prefer a small, medium or large waist?" is a much more sensible question. Only bodybuilding enthusiasts and women in reference to their own waistline care about actual waist size :lol:
    I totally agree with you! this thread is absurd

ReputationRep:
    Height does have a bearing, and while trim and athletic (10-12% body fat) for 5'8" man and a 6'2" will still be 10,11 or 12% in both, their true waist sizes will vary....................But not that much!

And believe me, women are more interested in a guy with a trim, small waist as opposed to a similar, but fatter guy, who doesn't have the small waist. Visually they pick up on it, and it registers subconsciously, and they then judge it to be more appealing and aesthetically pleasing than an overweight man.

ReputationRep:
    I read the results of a poll once, where 1000+ British women, aged 18-24 were asked what the measurements and appearance would be of their 'ideal' man. The results were:

Height = 6'1"
    BMI = 24.5 (13 stone/4 pounds)
    Body Fat Percentage = 12%
    Shoulder Circumference = 52"
    Chest (at nipple) = 44"
    Waist (at navel) = 33"

The majority of British women preferred men with wavy-curlyish, blond or ginger-blond hair, worn longish. They also opted for men with blue eyes and a pale-fair-ruddy complexion.

Women from every nation polled, of course, were different. The point is the aesthetic ideal is usually just an intensification of what the 'average' is, but placed at its healthiest, fittest level. Thus, the 'ideal' male described above would look like a typical English male in his early 20s if he kept himself in the best of fitness and health, eating a proper diet and getting plenty of physical exercise.

Keep that in mind, lads.....It's all about maintaining your health, when it comes to attracting women.

ReputationRep:
    legit couldn't care less

ReputationRep:
    Like somebody else said, women when viewing men (and men when observing women) are not physically measuring the object of their admiration with a measuring tape, but in their subconscious they know the look that turns them on the most when they see it. And while the numbers, per se, are not on their mind, the 'ideal' image of the perfect body of the opposite sex is. So when psychologists analyse this phenomenon they show women a series of computerised images of men, whose sizes vary only by millimeters. They are then asked to pick the images of the men who represent their ideal pick with regards to attractiveness. The measurements I listed in my previous post were the 'ideal' male measurements as reported by young British women. Now these women did not go into this experiment with the idea that my ideal man hs 52 inch shoulders, etc., but when images of a man at her chosen ideal height (6' 1", as most British women chose for their ideal man), the faceless image of the man with 52 inch shoulders out polled images of 6'1" men with 52.5" or 53" or 51" shoulders.

So women, like men, know what they like when they see it. They don't have exact figures written down in their head, but they know what they are attracted to most in men. And as I emphasised in the previous post, each national sub-group picked a man as their ideal, who was usually a microcosm of the average male face, body, and complexion colouring of that nation. Thus English women tended to be more attracted to tall, fair-skinned, blue-eyed, wavy-haired blond and ginger-blond men, on average, then say, Italian women.

The caveat was, women were most attracted to a man who looked very typical for their nationality. However, even beyond this physical vision of their ideal man was that he was always the healthiest specimen with regards to being free of disease and at top fitness. Not muscle men, mind you, but lean, healthy, fit men were the ladies preference. For instance, most doctors agree a male in his 20s and early 30s is at the peak of health when his body fat percentage is between 10-12%,(11-15% body fat over age 40) and his BMI is around 24. Anything lower in body fat and the excessive leanness makes him prone to respiratory infections, anything higher and the first signs of body fat emerge, which will eventually make him susceptible to heart disease and type-2 diabetes.

ReputationRep:
    Bigger then mine.

But face is important a nice jaw line and lips, so when he talks it looks sexy.
    Attachments Pending Approval
  1. File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (94.7 KB)
  2. File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (15.2 KB)
  3. File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (114.2 KB)

ReputationRep:
  4. File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (16.5 KB)

ReputationRep:
  5. File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (94.7 KB)

ReputationRep:
  6. File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (15.2 KB)
  7. File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (14.2 KB)

ReputationRep:
    Your photos didn't upload properly......No worries, the original question was about man's waist sizes anyway.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 29, 2015
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.