Turn on thread page Beta

Do you hate rich kids? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr JB)
    The jealousy in here is astounding and is one of the reasons poor people stay poor. Rather than aspire to be better, the green monster sets in and they just resent others instead. It's this very mindset that is holding you back. Rather than hate on people who are doing better, aspire to be like them and take inspiration from them. How many haters does Kanye West have? Lots. How many haters does Floyd Mayweather have? Lots. To me they are both inspirational, both have delivered and both are not arrogant, but just sure of themselves, their talents and what they can bring to the world. People who hate are just insecure and projecting those insecurities onto other people. Its one of the main reasons now I no longer hang around with such people as the constant air of negativity is like a virus trying to drag you back down to that horrible level.

I'm not going to apologise for doing well with my life, thinking I'm great and generally being happy with my life because I've decided to take the initiative and make something of my life. Rather than blame others for your predicament why not learn to be more self-reflective, analyse your mistakes, analyse the time you're wasting to become more productive and make changes? I did. I quit things like gaming because I wanted to be better. I quit going out so much because I wanted to invest time in becoming successful. If you don't make sacrifices and prioritise then you will never be better. I don't even hate on these people with this mindset. I just feel sorry for them because they're trapped in a mental situation whereby they think everything is against them and they are powerless to do anything about it. The reality is, you control your own destiny, if you want to do so, but you need to alter your mindset and take control of what you do if you wish to see results.

Keep blaming everyone else for your problems and I can assure you that you won't go anywhere.
    Its not a noble way to live though that endless individualistic pursuit of personal possessions. Especially when you hear about the stuff that goes on the city; the cocaine, the whores, the champagne...Fair enough if someone wants to become a doctor but going in to the city just to become rich is not much better than openly admitting to drug dealing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jihadi Warrior)
    Its not a noble way to live though that endless individualistic pursuit of personal possessions. Especially when you hear about the stuff that goes on the city; the cocaine, the whores, the champagne...Fair enough if someone wants to become a doctor but going in to the city just to become rich is not much better than openly admitting to drug dealing.
    I don't live in the city. I live in a rural area. I don't live in the pursuit of possessions but save up money for security purposes and to be able to visit other places with people that matter to me and create memories. However, rather than just sit at home crying about how the rich had it all so easy I decided to get off my arse and make something of my life as I am in control of my own destiny, unless I succumb to corporate slavery and decide that other people are going to decide the path for me.

ReputationRep:
    Why North West London in particular? Are you thinking of a particular place and type of person OP? North West London isn't the only place where rich people live by a long shot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    Why North West London in particular? Are you thinking of a particular place and type of person OP? North West London isn't the only place where rich people live by a long shot.
    Everyone who lives outside of the south east lives in a slum, don't you know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Awesome Genius)
    Like the kind that get given everything and don't do any work. They claim they have "a business" but really they're just being handed everything.

Spoilt, stupid people, mostly living in North West London.
    some of their "businesses" are hilarious.... personalised marshmallows :rofl:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-tricycle.html

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.