Turn on thread page Beta

1 in 5 Syrians say Islamic State is a good thing watch

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully the UK will legalise weapons, we need more democracy and we should inherit the American ideology

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaconandSauce)
    We are moving away form oil and moving towards alternative sources

I can see no loss only a bright green future (unless we allow millions from backward communities to settle here)
    nope we're really not and the elite are definitely not saying no to any oil fields lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Evening)
    Lol, no it's not. It's a desolate, barren place with nothing but some skyscrapers on the coast. If you go during ramadan then you can't even have water outdoors/out of the airport. Why the hell would anyone want to live in a ****hole like that? The only reason anyone lives there is because of its oil and gas wealth.
    forgot to mention the tax free benefits, clearly you know it well.

Ahem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fango_Jett)
    Probably because they don't want to feed and clothe a large amount of unskilled people in. Oh wait but we say that we're heartless demons who might as well have personally drowned little boys.
    I (like many) blame the UAE as much as the EU countries. But my only voice is a faint shout at UK poilicies. Thanks for your ignorance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingBradly)
    They could think IS are a force for good but are fleeing Syria to escape Assad.
    If they are fleeing because of Assad, why didn't they flee earlier when Assad was in full control of Syria? Assad had been abusing his country's citizens long before ISIS turned up and people started to flee, surely ISIS supporters would be more likely to stay now, since ISIS has a lot more control over the country, not Assad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TimGB)
    If they are fleeing because of Assad, why didn't they flee earlier when Assad was in full control of Syria? Assad had been abusing his country's citizens long before ISIS turned up and people started to flee, surely ISIS supporters would be more likely to stay now, since ISIS has a lot more control over the country, not Assad.
    The situation wasn't nearly as desperate as it is now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaconandSauce)
    Muslims have tried to invade Europe before and failed and they will fail again

In the UK muslims are about 5% and already most people are unhappy about it and the demands being made to tolerate outright intolerance so your one in for claim is nonsense it's about 1 in 20

This is not going to get better and will only get worse. Just don't act all surprised when it goes pear shaped.

as I said at some point the people of this country will react and it's not going to be pretty.

Replace Muslim for "jew" and you sound like someone from the 1920's..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Internet)
    When was the last time you heard of Jews murdering and raping their way across countries, bombing, kidnapping and beheading?
    And don't give me some dumb argument about Palestine because you cannot compare self defence against rockets to the actions in Syria and Iraq.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phoenixsilver)
    When was the last time you heard of Jews murdering and raping their way across countries, bombing, kidnapping and beheading?
    And don't give me some dumb argument about Palestine because you cannot compare self defence against rockets to the actions in Syria and Iraq.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    In the 1960's where people like Sarah Agassi targeted the British authorities
    During the Roman times when jewish people stabbed Roman soldiers

Theres quite a few extremist Rabbis too

Thats from the top of my head

ReputationRep:

So ONE EXAMPLE apart from the Romans which were centuries ago

gg

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    9[
    So ONE EXAMPLE apart from the Romans which were centuries ago

gg

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I also mentioned Sarah Agassi and extremist rabbis...

ReputationRep:
    9[

I also mentioned Sarah Agassi and extremist rabbis...
    As I said - one person.
    Extremist rabbis don't count - if we were to count intolerant Muslims then we'd count a lot more than if we counted those actively involved in extremist activity.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Any movement is great for some people.

ANY.

ReputationRep:

You admit though that currently, hardline Islamists are more of a danger than Jews.

ReputationRep:
    inb4
    "Religion of peace"
    "Twisted statistics"
    "They aren't real Muslims"

Posted from TSR Mobile
    let me correct you

tolerant, religion of peace

minority of muslims

christian, hindu, extremists too

ReputationRep:
    But only if you completely ignore the issues with the muslim world and the problems Islam is currently causing then yes perhaps you are right

but as the situations are not comparable it would be a strange comparison to make

However it would be the same if in the 1930's (a bit more recent than roman times) you replace 'muslim' with 'Nazi' in those discussions and this WOULD be more comparable (of course not all muslims are blood thirsty idiots but then not all Germans were either as we know it was only a 'minority' with a chunk of tacit support if not for the methods then for the goals of the party)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Vs
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I can see no difference can you?

ReputationRep:
    Roman times

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.