Turn on thread page Beta

being unsuccessful with women is making me mysogynistic watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miser)
    There seems to be quite a radical dichotomy between men who say they don't get any romantic attention versus women who say that. It typically appears to be that the man is blamed and chastised, even insulted (as in this thread), and treated as if they are at fault and the prime author of their own circumstances, whereas women are treated compassionately and encouraged with more empathy.

I don't really understand why that is, but I think if someone has the stones to say how his misfortune with women has affected his view of them, people ought to bring a similar level of conscientiousness to the table instead of lazily throwing insults or generalisations at him.
    Pretty much.

It hasn't made me misogynistic but it is really bloody demoralizing when you are turned down all the time. I can see why you it could make someone resent women. It probably isn't the reality but it can feel like they have it easy and can just pick and choose and have all the power. Then you feel like you are really weak both physically and socially. Like it's really hard being muscly compared to just being thin and a bit tone which is all it requires for women. Then good look being attractive to women if you are shy or have bad social anxiety, which again, that is much worse for guys to be like that. Before you know you end up goign down the riku route (wonder what he is up to now :beard:) nd you are nearly 23 with nothing to show for it.

(Original post by SophieSmall)
    Never judge a whole gender based on an experience you had in high school. It's incredibly illogical and will get you nowhere.
    High school breads bullying, mean behaviour, cliques and *****iness. It is much less pronounced in the real world.

If you are seriously experiencing rude behaviour from every woman you talk to...I think you need to start looking at yourself as you're the common denominator. You could be approaching them in an inappropriate way or bothering them when they don't want to be bothered. These are things you can learn, but you have to take responsibility for your own actions if this is the case. Another possibility is you are only attracting or being attracted to dominating and *****y women, this is somewhat likely if you have low self esteem and come off as meek. Those kinds of women (not all women, so get that out of your head right now) feed off that. Also how can you expect women to take interest if you're a recluse? That is also ridiculously illogical.

Stop blaming an entire gender for your downfalls.
    I strongly disagree

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karl pilkington)
    at school they did a £50 bet to kiss me on my sixth form ball also women can be very *****y even if you just try and make polite conversation
    I'm not surprised no woman has ever wanted to go out with you if that's what you think. Sort out your attitude and change this ridiculous perspective. For all the faults you think women have, trust me you have twice as many.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drowzee)
    "I AM ENTITLED TO SEX BUT NO WOMAN WILL NOT HAVE SEX WITH ME!" Good thing you outed yourself op and I hope women stay away from you.
    Women do exactly the same. Look at half of the feminist movement

(Original post by Lord Jon)
    Or rather your misogyny and **** justification for it makes women realise you probably aren't a safe bet for them tbh...

In which case I see why you're unsuccessful and don't blame them.
    What a stupid post

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scrotgrot)
    Everyone is entitled to sex. Men ought to be able to expect that some women will want to have sex with them. Unfortunately city living and online dating have made women more hypergamous: they perceive themselves to be in similar social circles to literally the hottest guy in 100,000 people in a city and reject 99,999 men, as it were, holding out for that one guy.

I think your response is really horrible and *****y to be honest, you clearly don't understand how it is being your average bloke who even if he isn't ignored forever will never blow a woman away
    No they aren't. Some women are absolute barnyard animals. If they are entitled to sex too then you jump on that grenade

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rebecca13)
    I'm not surprised no woman has ever wanted to go out with you if that's what you think. Sort out your attitude and change this ridiculous perspective. For all the faults you think women have, trust me you have twice as many.
    Would you say that to a woman who had been ridiculed in such a way by men, particularly at such a public and memorable event as her school prom?

Of course, I know ultimately it all has to be the fault of the man, real men don't have feelings so they don't feel pain from humiliation and rejection, and men who are unsuccessful with women are obviously worthless people who deserve their loneliness. But you'd think you and other women ITT could still express a little bit of sympathy.

£50 is a pretty steep stake as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)

I strongly disagree
    It's pretty much a known fact that with age comes emotional maturity and less of this nonsense. Obviously there are still some complete ***** out there...and unfortunately they seem to rile together so you often get them in packs. But it's not at all like back in school, not remotely. Sounds like you've had **** luck with a bad group of people.

ReputationRep:
    It's pretty much a known fact that with age comes emotional maturity and less of this nonsense. Obviously there are still some complete ***** out there...and unfortunately they seem to rile together so you often get them in packs. But it's not at all like back in school, not remotely. Sounds like you've had **** luck with a bad group of people.
    In my last work place it was exactly like being back at high school. :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saint-Saens)
    No they aren't. Some women are absolute barnyard animals. If they are entitled to sex too then you jump on that grenade
    Heh maybe when you're young, I well remember those days or maybe I'm just less hot now :moon:

ReputationRep:
    Would you say that to a woman who had been ridiculed in such a way by men, particularly at such a public and memorable event as her school prom?

Of course, I know ultimately it all has to be the fault of the man, real men don't have feelings so they don't feel pain from humiliation and rejection, and men who are unsuccessful with women are obviously worthless people who deserve their loneliness. But you'd think you and other women ITT could still express a little bit of sympathy.

£50 is a pretty steep stake as well
    I don't know about her. But I would.

Please don't make out that any woman who points out someone's illogical reasoning which has turned to chastising an entire gender as sexist and thinks men shouldn't have feelings and is worthless if he fails. That is not at all the case.

ReputationRep:
    Heh maybe when you're young, I well remember those days or maybe I'm just less hot now :moon:
    What?

ReputationRep:
    I suspect it wasn't the kind of workplace where people are enthused by their work. People get *****y when they feel powerless or directionless

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, strange. Was it by any chance full of fresh out of highschool/ collegers? Could have been there first real world job

ReputationRep:
    I suspect it wasn't the kind of workplace where people are enthused by their work. People get *****y when they feel powerless or directionless
    Considering we were all basically wage slaves that makes sense.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, strange. Was it by any chance full of fresh out of highschool/ collegers? Could have been there first real world job
    Uni was welcome break from the crap of high school then wham! I'm back to being scared of going in the next day and I got people poking in my love life making fun of me and trying to get me too shag a work colleague. :-/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    You gotta get Schwifty
    Rick and morty?

ReputationRep:
    Uni was welcome break from the crap of high school then wham! I'm back to being scared of going in the next day and I got people poking in my love life making fun of me and trying to get me too shag a work colleague. :-/
    Well, some people never really do grow up.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know about her. But I would.

Please don't make out that any woman who points out someone's illogical reasoning which has turned to chastising an entire gender as sexist and thinks men shouldn't have feelings and is worthless if he fails. That is not at all the case.
    Yeah, I realise I jumped on Rebecca for which I apologise to her but was really letting out rage at most people in the thread

I don't know that he is misogynist, he doesn't seem it really, I would find it a bit melodramatic to call one of those girls who lets out her frustration by saying men are all dicks on FB an actual misandrist

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I realise I jumped on Rebecca for which I apologise to her but was really letting out rage at most people in the thread

I don't know that he is misogynist, he doesn't seem it really, I would find it a bit melodramatic to call one of those girls who lets out her frustration by saying men are all dicks on FB an actual misandrist
    Well he called himself a misogynist, though he didn't demonstrate many examples in his thread. So I thought it was pretty safe to guess he does group all women together. Which is silly.

I probably wouldn't comment on a girl (or guy) saying that on a FB post unless it was a repeat thing. In which case I'd tell them to stop being a Muppet. I find people who complain about things over and over again but never actually do anything to change their situation utterly idiotic...at least in that area. If you're actually trying properly and you're still having bad luck then fair enough complain a little, but don't blame half the population for it.

ReputationRep:
    People treat virgins like cutesy little curiosities or projects, one imagines it's what it's like being black back when everyone was nice enough but still racist. I and other friends are guilty of it with a friend of ours who we worry about with this kind of thing, I hope you won't be too offended that your posts remind me of him a bit in general :p: it isn't always mocking, yes you are a spectacle for them but it can be done from a place of affection.

One wonders how they got to know about your love life, it's not really the kind of thing thst gets talked about in my experience especially among guys. This was kind of disappointing for me after spending most of school either being teased or worrying or hating myself about never having had a girlfriend. As soon as the day came when I could become normal and not have to avoid conversations about sex and relationships everyone stopped talking about it :p:

ReputationRep:
    People treat virgins like cutesy little curiosities or projects, one imagines it's what it's like being black back when everyone was nice enough but still racist. I and other friends are guilty of it with a friend of ours who we worry about with this kind of thing, I hope you won't be too offended that your posts remind me of him a bit in general :p: it isn't always mocking, yes you are a spectacle for them but it can be done from a place of affection.

One wonders how they got to know about your love life, it's not really the kind of thing thst gets talked about in my experience especially among guys. This was kind of disappointing for me after spending most of school either being teased or worrying or hating myself about never having had a girlfriend. As soon as the day came when I could become normal and not have to avoid conversations about sex and relationships everyone stopped talking about it :p:
    God I didn't tell them I was a virgin. That would have been the end of it.

The annoying thing is that I did kind of like the person they were all goading me about. But there was no way I could do anything about it when it was made into such a big deal. I dont knwo what I am doing with women and I don't want to be on the spot light. Regret #1052

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 20, 2015
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.