Turn on thread page Beta

German Hunter pays £39,000 to kill largest elephant in living memory watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rock_climber86)
    Whatever floats your boat sunny
    Exactly 'live and let live' (no pun intended )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Triple-Sod)
    I've shot before...rabbits...pheasants...p igeons

I can't believe you're seriously so irate over it...

but then again I can because nothing feels as satisfying as gratuitous self-righteousness...not just that you're morally superior to another person but their 'evil'...lol
    He is just your typical militant vegan. What gun have you got?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkMagic)
    I don't think its quite the same thing. I don't eat a lot of meat (mostly just chicken and mince) but most of the meat people eat come from animals that are bred for that purpose. I'm not trying to defend that, but I do think there is a difference between lifting a packet of pork chops from a shelf and cooking them, to actually shooting the pig yourself and enjoying it.

On the other hand, this guy has paid nearly £40,000 for the satisfaction of killing a defenceless animal. To me, that is completely sick. He will celebrate his 'huge accomplishment', boast about it and then he will move on and kill something else. He should be locked up.
    The former is far worse than the latter in my view. (Providing the pig was eaten etc)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    That doesn't make sense. How can a vegan be a militant? You class me as a militant because I am vocal about animal rights. If anyone is a militant here it's you animal abusers, killers and eaters. Vegans are by their very nature anti-militant, because they don't like to see harm come to animals. It is because they care about animal so much that they choose not to eat them or wear any animal products. That's more than can be said about meat-eaters who participate in an industry that murders and tortures animals just so people like you can eat them. Did you know that an estimated 59 billion animals are killed every year so people like you and others on this thread can eat them and use their products? If that isn't being a militancy on epic proportions I don't know what is. Just to put that into context. That is over 160million animals a day that are killed so you can have your beef burgers, chicken wingers, drink your milk, eat your cheese.

I argue that since you are actively engaged in such a dreadful industry, it is you and most of society that are the militants, not me.

Look in the mirror and think about about what you are doing to the planet and other sentient beings. Killing animals is wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it seems such a great deal huh?

1. Stop eating meat
    2. You've now complete moral superiority over everyone who does and every right duty to lecture them at every given opportunity while feeling all smug and...superior.

Just my old BSA lighting at the minute mate, hoping to apply for my SGC and FAC when I get more settled .

ReputationRep:
    That doesn't make sense. How can a vegan be a militant? You class me as a militant because I am vocal about animal rights. If anyone is a militant here it's you animal abusers, killers and eaters. Vegans are by their very nature anti-militant, because they don't like to see harm come to animals. It is because they care about animal so much that they choose not to eat them or wear any animal products. That's more than can be said about meat-eaters who participate in an industry that murders and tortures animals just so people like you can eat them.

Look in the mirror and ask yourself: Is rock climber the real militant or am I?
    I don't really care to be honest, I must be the anti-christ to you. I hunt, shoot and kill animals for fun. Not only that, I also eat meat and have even been known to farm it for others to eat it. I don't regret it and will continue.

You are a militant vegan.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...ant+Vegetarian

ReputationRep:
    That doesn't make sense. How can a vegan be a militant? You class me as a militant because I am vocal about animal rights. If anyone is a militant here it's you animal abusers, killers and eaters. Vegans are by their very nature anti-militant, because they don't like to see harm come to animals. It is because they care about animal so much that they choose not to eat them or wear any animal products. That's more than can be said about meat-eaters who participate in an industry that murders and tortures animals just so people like you can eat them.

Look in the mirror and ask yourself: Is rock climber the real militant or am I?
    Once again, your generalisations make you look like a moron.

Not all vegans are vegans because they can't bear to harm animal just as not all meat eaters source their meat from the traditional meat industry.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't really care to be honest, I must be the anti-christ to you. I hunt, shoot and kill animals for fun. Not only that, I also eat meat and have even been known to farm it for others to eat it. I don't regret it and will continue.

You are a militant vegan.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...ant+Vegetarian
    That's your opinion, but anyone with half a brain will see the logic in my argument and see that meat-eaters are the real militants. Have a nice day

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it seems such a great deal huh?

1. Stop eating meat
    2. You've now complete moral superiority over everyone who does and every right duty to lecture them at every given opportunity while feeling all smug and...superior.

Just my old BSA lighting at the minute mate, hoping to apply for my SGC and FAC when I get more settled .
    Get a SGC and a Mossberg 500, the one extra shot make all the difference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moonstruck16)
    Once again, your generalisations make you look like a moron.

Not all vegans are vegans because they can't bear to harm animal just as not all meat eaters source their meat from the traditional meat industry.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Please refrain from name-calling. I have reported your previous two posts and at the rate you are going, you will probably be banned. If you want to have a rational debate, then so be it, but name-calling is just petty and is classed as being bullying. I will not reply to any of your posts that have abuse in them.

ReputationRep:
    That's your opinion, but anyone with half a brain will see the logic in my argument and see that meat-eaters are the real militants. Have a nice day

I will have a nice day. I might even kill something in your honour..

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I will have a nice day. I might even kill something in your honour..
    Please, don't kill anything in my honour. I want no part in such vile activities Killing animals is wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Please refrain from name-calling. I have reported your previous two posts and at the rate you are going, you will probably be banned. If you want to have a rational debate, then so be it, but name-calling is just petty and is classed as being bullying. I will not reply to any of your posts that have abuse in them.
    Name calling? I'm just stating the obvious.

Ok. Now tell me why you find the need to use sweeping generalisations?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

That was frigging hilarious!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moonstruck16)
    Name calling? I'm just stating the obvious.

Ok. Now tell me why you find the need to use sweeping generalisations?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What generalisation?

ReputationRep:
    Please, don't kill anything in my honour. I want no part in such vile activities Killing animals is wrong.
    How does a few pigeons sound. I will shoot them and then not eat them because eating meat is wrong.

ReputationRep:
    How does a few pigeons sound. I will shoot them and then not eat them because eating meat is wrong.
    Whatever floats your boat buddy. Just don't do it in my name. What you do for fun is your prerogative. I can only try and guide you to the correct path but whether you make the ultimate decision as to whether to stop killing and eating animals is up to you.

ReputationRep:
    What generalisation?
    That all vegans chose the vegan lifestyle because they love animals. You are ignoring the many who do it for health reasons or because they are following the crowd.
    And that all meat eaters support the meat industry. You tated yourself that those who grow and care for their own animals are somehow worse than those who 'blindly' (they know what happens) source their meat from the meat industry. Yet you just generalise everyone the same even though you have stated that personally, you think they are different.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Whatever floats your boat buddy. Just don't do it in my name. What you do for fun is your prerogative. I can only try and guide you to the correct path but whether you make the ultimate decision as to whether to stop killing and eating animals is up to you.
    I'm doing it in your name.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 20, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.