Turn on thread page Beta

Are you more scientific or artistic? watch

• View Poll Results: Are you more scientific or artistic?
    Scientific
    69.03%
    Artistic
    30.97%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InternetGangster)
    trying a bit to hard to sound smart arent we..
    huh? that's just my way of expressing thoughts
    Spoiler:
    Show
    try reading more books

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ivy.98)
    huh? that's just my way of expressing thoughts
    Spoiler:
    Show
    try reading more books
    ok thank you for your advice i will take it on board.

ReputationRep:
    I used to be the opposite of what I am now. Loved drawing in school. Was terrible at science. But somehow ended up on track to be some kind of scientist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)

His cool nonchalance in the face of such gushing adulation is actually quite impressive.
    Not as impressive as you would try to be

ReputationRep:
    More scientific (in 4th year of a chemistry degree), but I'm also always doodling and sketching.

ReputationRep:
    I kinda hoped this would be a link to some online test; I need procrastinating tools. I am very slightly more artistic, probably. (as in writing and music anyway, assuming artistic covers everything pertaining to the adjective and not just art, which I can't do)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    I kinda hoped this would be a link to some online test; I need procrastinating tools. I am very slightly more artistic, probably. (as in writing and music anyway, assuming artistic covers everything pertaining to the adjective and not just art, which I can't do)
    Is your username just random numbers?

ReputationRep:
    Idk, neither

I can kind of draw, but not from my imagination (and I haven't drawn after GCSE Art). Science-wise, I'm kind of failing a few science A-levels 😁

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'absurde)
    Is your username just random numbers?
    Clue; Alphabet

ReputationRep:
    Clue; Alphabet
    Math 42?

ReputationRep:
    Math 42?
    Yep

ReputationRep:
    Yep
    What is the significance of "Math 42"?

ReputationRep:
    What is the significance of "Math 42"?
    Really it's just because I like maths and the number 42, the "answer to everything/the ultimate question" according to Douglas Adams; some may interpret this name as meaning that I consider maths to be this answer but I'm not sure I necessarily was thinking of it in that way when I came up with it..

ReputationRep:
    Really it's just because I like maths and the number 42, the "answer to everything/the ultimate question" according to Douglas Adams; some may interpret this name as meaning that I consider maths to be this answer but I'm not sure I necessarily was thinking of it in that way when I came up with it..
    Interesting... *strokes moustache*

ReputationRep:
    I just don't like painting/being artsy. Some years ago i think i had a streak of getting less than 30% in visual art for 3-4ish years.

I do enjoy playing music tho.

I'm dreadful at both but definitely prefer art

ReputationRep:
    I'm not entirely sure...scientific(?) I study sciences but my brain is rather Artsy¿

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A very good question ...
    I would say I am both - to an extent.
    I do have an interest in science or some certain scientific areas or matters.
    However, my personal nature is almost certainly more artistic, I think that is the way I have been inclined towards since the early years of my life.
    So on the whole I would say I am more artistic.
    But having said that, I do not think these two elements or personality features are mutually exclusive. Actually, on the contrary, those two could probably be interlinked .. in a way. Such as within one person. So yes, many people are probably both - and to a lesser or greater extent inclined towards either one or the other.

And why?
    Is there a difference?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Definitely more arts than sciences. I think I got the opposite genes to my sisters - they got all the science stuff and I got almost all the arts/humanities stuff

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.