Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Are there any Muslim converts on here preferably from a judea-christian background? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by driftawaay)
    what was your username? or are u going anon like Mary/AnonymousForLife?
    vis break,
    I think my posts are still there lel

(Original post by iAre Teh Lejend)
    I kindly request that this not become a thread debating anything. There are other threads for that.

Mods pls do something.
    The sad fact is that they will probably heed this call for censorship because your feelings are more precious than pointing out inaccuracies in the OP. I've had posts deleted simply because the other person said stuff like, 'I have low self-esteem your making it worse you should be ashamed of yourself im a young student your older so you should be kind to me' in response to a detailed rebuttal. There's no limit to the amount of bull**** the mods will swallow, I'm sorry to say. Such are the consequences of a policy that determines offence based on people claiming to be offended rather than actually looking at what's said.

Person 1: 'Have a nice day.'

Person 2: 'I'm offended!' *reports*

*Person 1 gets yellow card*

#TSRJustice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _i_i_l_i_i_)
    vis break,
    I think my posts are still there lel
    ooh how long are you gonna be banned for

ReputationRep:
    Most of my family :O

ReputationRep:
    ooh how long are you gonna be banned for
    forever

ReputationRep:
    Yeah... you are.
    What makes you think I am?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Exposed being Mary562. Now run.
    Just had a look through some of your posts and it appears as if you're a very angry person and by the looks of it pretty damn thick.

Take other people's views and customs into account. By no means do you have to agree with them or like them; simply respect them and believe what you want to believe in.

Basically my point is.. Stop being an absolute b*tch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    The sad fact is that they will probably heed this call for censorship because your feelings are more precious than pointing out inaccuracies in the OP. I've had posts deleted simply because the other person said stuff like, 'I have low self-esteem your making it worse you should be ashamed of yourself im a young student your older so you should be kind to me' in response to a detailed rebuttal. There's no limit to the amount of bull**** the mods will swallow, I'm sorry to say. Such are the consequences of a policy that determines offence based on people claiming to be offended rather than actually looking at what's said.

Person 1: 'Have a nice day.'

Person 2: 'I'm offended!' *reports*

*Person 2 gets yellow card*
    True, the mods are Islam apologists, like the other day when they deleted half a thread because we didn't approve of parents sending death threats to their children. That's too offensive to Muslims so our replies were deleted, lawl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessZara)
    Most of my family :O
    they went from chris-jews to chris-mu-jews??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _i_i_l_i_i_)
    forever
    whaaaat

lol how many times have u been banned previously?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnonymousForLife)
    What makes you think I am?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I have a brain, Mary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hilrho)
    My grandmother from my mother's side is Jewish and my grandfather is Christian. My mom is an atheist though and as far as I know so was my dad. I wasn't indoctrinated but I have grown up around the world as my moms a diplomat and my friends are of so many different faiths so I know about a lot of religions and it seems as though I'm more interested in the Abrahamic religions than the Dharmic ones. I have met the Dalai Lama (although we haven't spoken lol as it was at a special event but I have spoken to others, I've spoken to Rabbis as well as the Minister at the churches and one of my closest friend is an Orthodox Ethiopian Christian. I've also had the chance to meet linguistic scholars of the Quran and one from Islamic Centre at Oxford and my best friend is a muslim hijabi (although we differ on interpretations in Islam). The reason I like Islam is because I feel as though Old Testament and Quran inherently preach a lot of the same things and I feel as though I'm not losing anything if I become a muslim whereas if I become jewish I can't believe in 2 less prophets and if I become Christian I can't believe in 1 less prophet. To be honest I never really was an atheist like my mother but I never believed in religion in particular either (although I did like the celebrations and everything). I was always an agnost but recently it just seems as though it's preposterous to think that there isn't a higher power - god, superman, whatever but something greater than all of us, greater than the forces of the universe and the laws of physics and everything. And I find as though my personal views are quite in sync with those of Islam. However at the same time I'm not sure I could call myself religious still as I am an Islamophile (I like the culture and everything) but I don't know if I am religious or not. And so I haven't converted.
    There is nothing wrong with converting and either way I hope you are happy, but this idea that Islam is the religion for you, because it encompasses the figures of the previous religions strikes me as strange. You might as well become a member of Baha'i faith, for the exact same reason.

Don't get me wrong (despite my needlessly provocative username) I do feel there is something mesmerising about Islam compared with other religions, but there has to be more in your mind than what you wrote out there.

ReputationRep:
    whaaaat

lol how many times have u been banned previously?
    I had a 1 week ban and then I got permed

True, the mods are Islam apologists, like the other day when they deleted half a thread because we didn't approve of parents sending death threats to their children. That's too offensive to Muslims so our replies were deleted, lawl.
    Haha, true. My post got reviewed but thankfully survived. Although I did notice that after posting it, a whole page disappeared. PRSOM.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by interestedinib)
    Just had a look through some of your posts and it appears as if you're a very angry person and by the looks of it pretty damn thick.

Take other people's views and customs into account. By no means do you have to agree with them or like them; simply respect them and believe what you want to believe in.

Basically my point is.. Stop being an absolute b*tch.
    Just read your post and it appears as if you have no life reading through other people's previous posts and by the looks of it pretty damn bored quoting me to say things that are irrelevant to the thread, especially considering that I have no idea who you are.

Basically my point is.... get a life and stop obsessing over me, moron.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    Haha, true. My post got reviewed but thankfully survived. Although I did notice that, after posting, it a whole page disappeared. PRSOM.
    And it was under the guise of 'you guys are too off topic' even though we were completely on topic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saeed97)
    I know of thatmuslimguy who was a christian i believe. He's now gone to Medina to become a scholar at University of Medina however. Sorry i cant help.
    What are their entry requirements, do you get scholarships, bursaries etc?

ReputationRep:
    I have a brain, Mary.
    Good for you. Make 'good' use of it.
    My name isn't Mary. Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnonymousForLife)
    Good for you. Make 'good' use of it.
    My name isn't Mary. Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You do know that from now on, everytime you say something stupid I will expose the fact that it's you? I think you need to make a new anon account and play the anon game better next time.... good luck. Sorry it didn't work out for you on this account either...

ReputationRep:
    You do know that from now on, everytime you say something stupid I will expose the fact that it's you? I think you need to make a new anon account and play the anon game better next time.... good luck. Sorry it didn't work out for you on this account either...
    Sorry but I don't have time to make stupid assumptions like you do and are doing now.

Nah.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 12, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.