Turn on thread page Beta

Being a twin... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eigo-Jin)
    Not that I'm aware of. Although my mother did say that me and my brother shared a "language" when we were very young-which is called cryptophasia. You should look it up, it's very interesting
    I just googled that, thank you. That is incredible! I think I might just do some reading into that. Do you recall any memory of it? Or were you both too young maybe?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by godivaontherocks)
    I just googled that, thank you. That is incredible! I think I might just do some reading into that. Do you recall any memory of it? Or were you both too young maybe?
    I asked my mother. She said that it just sounded like gibberish to her but we were talking to each other. We also used to have stories with imaginary animals and characters that we only knew about despite never discussing the physical appearance or characteristics of any of them (which is quite creepy haha). Me and my brother actually remember this and still talk about it.

ReputationRep:
    I asked my mother. She said that it just sounded like gibberish to her but we were talking to each other. We also used to have stories with imaginary animals and characters that we only knew about despite never discussing the physical appearance or characteristics of any of them (which is quite creepy haha). Me and my brother actually remember this and still talk about it.
    That is both super cute and very cool. I used to make up weird languages when I was younger to annoy my mum but nothing like that! It's so strange that you didn't even need to communicate everything and somehow just knew the descriptions. Telepathic abilities huh? No wonder I used to wish I had a twin. Are you both still close?

ReputationRep:
    That is both super cute and very cool. I used to make up weird languages when I was younger to annoy my mum but nothing like that! It's so strange that you didn't even need to communicate everything and somehow just knew the descriptions. Telepathic abilities huh? No wonder I used to wish I had a twin. Are you both still close?

Yes, it was cool! We're not as close as we were but I still consider him my best friend. Most of the time it's great to have a twin

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it was cool! We're not as close as we were but I still consider him my best friend. Most of the time it's great to have a twin
    Awww... I'm so not jealous. Actually my brother and I aren't twins but we sure seem like it. He's my best friend too. Still would be way cooler to have a twin...

ReputationRep:
    Awww... I'm so not jealous. Actually my brother and I aren't twins but we sure seem like it. He's my best friend too. Still would be way cooler to have a twin...
    As long as you aren't an only child!
    I can't imagine what it would be like.
    Is your brother older or younger then you?, if you don't mind me asking.

ReputationRep:
    As long as you aren't an only child!
    I can't imagine what it would be like.
    Is your brother older or younger then you?, if you don't mind me asking.
    Nope, definitely not an only child. I don't mind you asking. I have one older sister by 2 years, and a younger brother. He's 3 years younger than me but we look the same age. I probably look a fair bit younger actually. I think we just clicked cause we ended up going through particular stages of life at the same time. Uni, etc. And even before that our minds and attitudes etc are just very in sync. We actually used to share out itunes library for several years before going to uni. And that was difficult to be apart. Are you and your brother both at uni? If so, how do you deal with that?

ReputationRep:
    Nope, definitely not an only child. I don't mind you asking. I have one older sister by 2 years, and a younger brother. He's 3 years younger than me but we look the same age. I probably look a fair bit younger actually. I think we just clicked cause we ended up going through particular stages of life at the same time. Uni, etc. And even before that our minds and attitudes etc are just very in sync. We actually used to share out itunes library for several years before going to uni. And that was difficult to be apart. Are you and your brother both at uni? If so, how do you deal with that?
    Aww that's so sweet!
    At the moment, neither of us are at uni although I probably will go sometime in the near future. Don't think my bro would want to go though.

ReputationRep:
    Aww that's so sweet!
    At the moment, neither of us are at uni although I probably will go sometime in the near future. Don't think my bro would want to go though.
    Thanks! To be honest uni life has really tested our friendship. I stayed in London but moved further South, whereas he moved out of London. It's been difficult to stay in each others' lives. There was a year when he really let me down. But we're practically back to normal now that he's graduated.

I hope the two of you remain as close as you've always been, and good luck with your future ambitions!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! To be honest uni life has really tested our friendship. I stayed in London but moved further South, whereas he moved out of London. It's been difficult to stay in each others' lives. There was a year when he really let me down. But we're practically back to normal now that he's graduated.

I hope the two of you remain as close as you've always been, and good luck with your future ambitions!
    That's what I always worry about but thank you!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 18, 2015
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.