Turn on thread page Beta

Why are people in London so stuck up? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Londoners feel proud about earning enough to live in an overcrowded slum city.
    Most are part of generation rent and yet they still feel superior.

ReputationRep:
    I remember going to Norfolk when I was a kid, and everyone was really stuck up about us being Londoners. We were just a bunch of Primary School kids. I think you get stuck up people everywhere. It's dumb to generalize.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Awesome Genius)
    Especially the girls. I mean, I have to go to this place called Stoke on Trent , it's way up north, every month as part of my job. The place is literally swarming with attractive blonde girls that all think I'm wonderful. They literally love me - I feel like a celebrity when I'm there. Then I come back to Euston and the girl behind the bagel counter looks so stuck up, its unbelievable.

I think because they live in London and house prices are so high here, they feel they can behave like this...
    More Midlands than proper Northern England.

Cumbria is North, or Yorkshire, or Northumberland.

Also cheap to live up here.

£200000 buys you a large family home. Not a one bedroom flat. Although in some parts of London, that would be cheap.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matthewduncan)
    i wouldnt class myself as stuck up but i do ackowledge that we pretty much are better than everybody else.
    We have a certain kind of swagger and charisma that the rest do not have.
    We dress better.
    We have the best looking girls in not only england but the whole of britain.
    We are trend setters when it comes to style and culture.
    We smoke and drink less.
    We committ a lot less crime.(you watch the news or pick up a national newspaper and the majority of crime is comitted by people outside london,like up north and them sides)
    We live longer.
    We have more money.
    We have a lot less chavs.
    The list goes on.
    That is so stuck up it's untrue. That is really snobbish. You aren't better than me just because you live in London and I live in the North.

Up where I am, you can afford to live. I stand a cats chance in hell of owning my own home one day.

Contrary to your opinion, I don't copy what Londoners wear, I choose my own clothes. Not from typical high street stores either.

We also have a community. Something that London appears to lack.
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katty3)
    That is so stuck up it's untrue. That is really snobbish. You aren't better than me just because you live in London and I live in the North.

Up where I am, you can afford to live. I stand a cats chance in hell of owning my own home one day.

Contrary to your opinion, I don't copy what Londoners wear, I choose my own clothes. Not from typical high street stores either.

We also have a community. Something that London appears to lack.
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why is it snobbish to speak the truth.
    Its the bloody truth.
    Not every londoner is better than every northener but most of us are.
    Its not that you are northern its about the fact that northeners have a lot more chavs than us.
    Just look at programmes like benefit street and jetemy kyle.
    The people on there are all northern.
    Someone has to be better we cant all be the same.
    Manchester united is better than aston villa.
    Its not a disrespect to villa that united are better its just the truth.

ReputationRep:
    It's because if you north of the M25 we're still the 1800's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesN88)
    It's because if you north of the M25 we're still the 1800's.
    It's because if you go north of the M25 we're still the 1800's.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.