Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What car do you drive and how old are you? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sammydemon)
    Fortunately yes. I attempted to sell it a little while back but eventually changed my mind and kept it.

I wonder if this link works for you

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1818009541...5afe6dc71&cp=1
    Looks great, would love to ride a beauty like that. Maybe once I scrape some cash together and get a 125cc lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zyzzyspirit)
    Looks great, would love to ride a beauty like that. Maybe once I scrape some cash together and get a 125cc lol.
    I don't ride it anywhere near as often as I should. Last month I had to fit new brake discs and give it a 25,000 mile service which cost £900 in total at a Kawa garage! The speed is nice but it's so effortless on this bike that the excitement wears off a bit.

Take my advice and don't bother with a 125 unless you have no choice. I took the test and went straight to a restricted 600cc. I know it's even more strict now than it used to be.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    In my mid 20s, driving a '15 plate Ford Fiesta Titanium.

ReputationRep:
    You might see me in my rari.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Jk no car atm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    Is it a company car?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Is it a company car?
    Nope

ReputationRep:
    18 - 2013 4 series

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Arriva bus

ReputationRep:
    21, MG ZS 180.

Well i say "drive" its suffering from vacuum leaks at the moment and the inlet manifold is currently sitting on my desk. So ive got a loan of my friends 1.4 skoda fabia estate xD.

ReputationRep:
    Mk2 MX-5.
    Not my choice, if left to me I'd have some tedious reliable hatchback.

ReputationRep:
    Range Rover Vogue Supercharged 4.2L V8

ReputationRep:

Mk7 Fiesta ST

ReputationRep:
    I don't ride it anywhere near as often as I should. Last month I had to fit new brake discs and give it a 25,000 mile service which cost £900 in total at a Kawa garage! The speed is nice but it's so effortless on this bike that the excitement wears off a bit.

Take my advice and don't bother with a 125 unless you have no choice. I took the test and went straight to a restricted 600cc. I know it's even more strict now than it used to be.
    Jeez, 900 quid? You could find another bike second-hand with that much money...

I'll definitely buy something faster if I'll find a good deal. Unfortunately most used 600s are at least twice the price of a 125 or even 250... Will have to look around for a mid 90s model with like 40k miles because I'm that poor. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Nope
    So you actually spent however many thousands of pounds on a Ford Fiesta?!

ReputationRep:
    2002 Passat TDI130 Sport - 23 years old.

(Super dirty mid-2000-mile French road trip)

Gig-mode enabled

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    So you actually spent however many thousands of pounds on a Ford Fiesta?!
    Haha, as if Lease, my friend.

People are put off of leasing by the fact that you don't get to keep the car at the end, but I pay just a tad over 200 quid a month all in - that gets me insurance; tax; MOT; servicing and minor repairs, including free top-of-the-range tyres when necessary; nationwide breakdown cover; AND on top of all that, I'm not financially invested in the car, if I were to write it off or it got stolen I simply cough of 75 quid for the excess and the car gets replaced with a brand new one. All that for £200 which is a fair deal in itself, plus I'm driving around in a brand new first-hand car that I had my pick of colours on, and at the end of the 3 year lease I send it back and either get the latest model or go for another car - gives you peace of mind knowing that the car is in good nick since it's brand new and is unlikely to break down on you. Bloody good deal I reckon, as I said you no longer own the car at the end of the lease but given that I only paid £45 upfront, as I said I'm not invested in it anyway.

P.S. The new Fiestas are an absolute dream

ReputationRep:
    Haha, as if Lease, my friend.

People are put off of leasing by the fact that you don't get to keep the car at the end, but I pay just a tad over 200 quid a month all in - that gets me insurance; tax; MOT; servicing and minor repairs, including free top-of-the-range tyres when necessary; nationwide breakdown cover; AND on top of all that, I'm not financially invested in the car, if I were to write it off or it got stolen I simply cough of 75 quid for the excess and the car gets replaced with a brand new one. All that for £200 which is a fair deal in itself, plus I'm driving around in a brand new first-hand car that I had my pick of colours on, and at the end of the 3 year lease I send it back and either get the latest model or go for another car - gives you peace of mind knowing that the car is in good nick since it's brand new and is unlikely to break down on you. Bloody good deal I reckon, as I said you no longer own the car at the end of the lease but given that I only paid £45 upfront, as I said I'm not invested in it anyway.

P.S. The new Fiestas are an absolute dream
    That's interesting and not something I had considered before.

Your point about writing off or getting stolen seems irelevant if you had a fully comprehensive insurance policy on a non-leased car though.

I'm not a fan of small cars or small engines and The only way I could get a luxury/high performance GT coupe or saloon would be buying an old second hand car.

For example I drive a Ford Sierra 2.9 V6 and pay £200 per year insurance, £230 in tax and usual MOT price - this to me seems like a bargain. It cost me £1000 to buy and has 70,000 on the clock.

ReputationRep:
    Oh same

ReputationRep:
    Fiat Grande Punto, 17 (18 in November)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Awesome Genius)
    Would be interesting to know what cool cars people drive. Gold diggers pay attention !

I am 26 and I drive a BMW 3 series coupe.
    Vauxhall Astra, 17

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.