Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Would you want to live in the town you grew up in forever? watch

ReputationRep:
    Ealing... I wouldn't mind. (Actually I'd love to stay in Ealing) but not in the part of Ealing that I live in now.

Either elsewhere in the borough or just move somewhere else in London.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Ser Alex Toyne)
    I move around too much, so I can't say I've stayed in one city for that long a period of tie, unless you count Armagh, in which case - No.
    Don't blame you for wanting to get out of Armagh when you were there.

No, OP, I could never live in Derry for the rest of my life. It is so boring.

ReputationRep:
    Central London, fo sho I wanna live here forever

ReputationRep:
    Live in London forever? Sure!

ReputationRep:
    I'm from Durham. It's twee, boring, and full of some of the most obnoxious students in the country. Like most kids who grew up there, I fled at the first opportunity.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, there was a better sense of community..too bad we moved around a lot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Masih ad-Dajjal)
    It's really nice where I live, but boring.

I want to live somewhere more vibrant but take holidays back here to reminisce in my youth
    :ditto: literally me

No; for as long as I can remember, I have dreamed of moving to Wales or Yorkshire (funnily enough, those were the places I visited constantly as a kid). I just wanted to live somewhere more scenic. My reasons for wanting to move now have obviously expanded since then, and it's primarily because I can't bear living where people know me. I want to live somewhere no one knows my face or my name or my family or anything about me and my past.:yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGreatImposter)
    Same. Such a dump

Posted from TSR Mobile
    which part?

ReputationRep:
    i love my home town. I left it and went to birmingham and moved back to it four years ago. I wouldnt leave now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveleest)
    I'm from there too
    I left quite a while back tho
    But to Redhill so it's not that far

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Another)
    But... but I want to change :cry:
    We all do haha

Im around London soon if yeh wana meet up

if not grand

ReputationRep:
    The thing about small towns is they are entirely made by your friends. I've never really had better times than I had in my small town growing up, but the problem is it doesn't stay the same forever: even if you and your friends never leave, everyone else does. And if you do leave, you can say goodbye to the magic forever.

It was amply explored in "The World's End".

It is a quiet feeling to come back to your home town and see how it's exactly the same but will never again be the same to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ser Alex Toyne)
    I move around too much, so I can't say I've stayed in one city for that long a period of tie, unless you count Armagh, in which case - No.
    so many north iron ones around

(Original post by DarkMagic)
    Armagh really is a rubbish town. I start a new job in Belfast tomorrow, so may finally be getting out and I can't wait. There's no way I would want to spend another year here, never mind the rest of my life.
    is belfast any better?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airmed)
    Don't blame you for wanting to get out of Armagh when you were there.

No, OP, I could never live in Derry for the rest of my life. It is so boring.
    derry city isnt that bad at all seems lovely!
    (Original post by picklescamp)
    :ditto: literally me
    can agree

*hugs*

(Original post by littlenorthernlass)
    No; for as long as I can remember, I have dreamed of moving to Wales or Yorkshire (funnily enough, those were the places I visited constantly as a kid). I just wanted to live somewhere more scenic. My reasons for wanting to move now have obviously expanded since then, and it's primarily because I can't bear living where people know me. I want to live somewhere no one knows my face or my name or my family or anything about me and my past.:yy:
    agreed head somewhere no one knows yeh

(Original post by silverbolt)
    i love my home town. I left it and went to birmingham and moved back to it four years ago. I wouldnt leave now
    boyle?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trustmeimlying1)
    boyle?
    nope roscommon itself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trustmeimlying1)
    can agree

*hugs*
    :hugs:

where you been buddy? Missed ya x

ReputationRep:
    Hell to the no!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If certain people stayed here too then yeah I wouldn't mind staying

ReputationRep:
    London's alright, I probably would.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.