Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dumachi)
    Unfortunately you are right. UKIP could of made a difference but the preprogrammed masses were brainwashed into hating them via BBC.
    Aye another bunch of thatcherites would help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaucissonSecCy)
    What, that's completely the wrong attitude, with respect. I am left leaning as well, but you seem to be saying, well we can only expect right wing economic policies from our own political orthodoxy, and are own political class, so we must trade our sovereignty. That's very disheartening and defeatist. Why not try and rally the with left in this country, stick to the cause, rather than thinking giving away sovereignty is the only way to do it?
    I stick to reality and reality isn't happy as larry.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Gears265)
    Will you proudly sing the EU national anthem when it becomes our official one then?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jo_-KoBiBG0

And What a surprise, it was written by a GERMAN composer, with GERMAN lyrics.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthem_of_Europe

People like you are a disgrace, you actually spit on the graves of the war dead who fought against Nazi Germany. They died for nothing. Germany got what they want after all because of people like you.
    ignoring the fact that they lyrics are unofficial as its meant to be an instrumental and that the anthem is the anthem of the council of Europe which was adopted by the EU of course...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jm1984)

I feel Europe as a continent is much better off having the EU. It has aided some countries immensely and I don't think it is bad to play an active role in an organisation that has the aims of the betterment for all.

I'm pretty shocked at some of the values people can have on here, not just this thread but others I see that keep cropping up. I clearly have different views on sovereignty to a lot of people commenting here. I think it is immeasurably selfish to believe that the geographical location you are born in should automatically denote a better way of life and I will always strive to achieve equality for all.

!
    What? For a start we are not on any 'continent'. And it's not believing you deserve a better life with some sense of entitlement, as you imply, but recognising the harsh realities of the world, that utopianism and global 'equality' are fantasies that will only cause pain, and that Britain was in a lucky position of being able to make a relatively, within balance, pleasant and economically just place to live(of course it's wrecking that now, strangely enough the EU doesn't seem to be an antidote- why the hell would it)in a chaotic and problematic world, that we are tribal animals, that it is even possible to have a national tribe that transcends race, if immigration policy is pursued at a sane pace(again no luck here, but more stupid liberal and EU-esque utopian politics)hell in short time we have gotten much closer to it than the rest of the world, remarkably so, and that this is something special to cherish and preserve.

C'mon think about it logically. You believe we are evil and selfish? We could pour all our collective money into a pot, depriving the poor who are already living off food banks,(and any time we do have to pay for anything, like our stupid wars or the banking crisis, it comes out of poor peoples pockets) to give to the huge problems and poverty in the world are money, and divide that up equally between the most afflicted, how much would they have?

What you are talking about are dangerous utopian fantasies, devoid of realism, and irony, that will ironically enough serve the super rich and take money away from the dirt poor here(who may be 'rich' relative to an African, although not much longer if we go the same way the economics) you'd rather everybody suffers and we are plunged into equal misery.

ReputationRep:

People like you are a disgrace, you actually spit on the graves of the war dead who fought against Nazi Germany. They died for nothing. Germany got what they want after all because of people like you.
    He's right. Just all the smug liberals will try and portray it as a bnp sentiment and try and pretend that those who want to govern our own country are bigots.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by United1892)
    You sound unbelievably ridiculous here.
    What's more pathetic is that people voted for a common trade block and we now have a political union with the intention to federalise and which has an anthem.

You dismiss the anthem but it is a sign of things to come. If you can't see that, then you are blind. The EU federalise in small chunks masking their true intention

ReputationRep:
    Corbyn out, bring back Blair!

ReputationRep:
    What's more pathetic is that people voted for a common trade block and we now have a political union with the intention to federalise and which has an anthem.

You dismiss the anthem but it is a sign of things to come. If you can't see that, then you are blind. The EU federalise in small chunks masking their true intention
    It's more your comparison to Nazi Germany and saying our soilders in WW2 died for nothing which is ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    He's right. Just all the smug liberals will try and portray it as a bnp sentiment and try and pretend that those who want to govern our own country are bigots.
    You're both utter imbeciles.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IAMADAM27)
    Corbyn out, bring back Blair!
    Thanks child. Why should he be allowed to post in these letters? And what does this have to do with the EU, Blair was more pro-Eu than anyone, as is Cameron, figures on the left of Labour have been willing to consider an exit.

ReputationRep:
    yeah I hate the EU - I can't think of a single untainted positive aspect of it as an organisation/"government". the very notion in 1975 of the kind of EU we have today would have been abominable, but the bureaucrats and our prime ministers just kept buttering everybody up about things and here we are today with no control over continental (hundreds of millions of people) immigration, stupid or non-sense laws or protectionist scams and a shady oligarchy on the top of the ladder

ReputationRep:
    Thanks child. Why should he be allowed to post in these letters? And what does this have to do with the EU, Blair was more pro-Eu than anyone, as is Cameron, figures on the left of Labour have been willing to consider an exit.
    Exactly, we should stay in the EU and this is what the great Tony Blair teaches!

ReputationRep:
    You're both utter imbeciles.
    So people who have the perfectly reasonable aspiration of us taking back our national sovereignty are never smeared as xenophobes by the social and economic liberals, those who form political consensus in this country?

And why should you be allowed to just insult people who happen to think that giving away our national sovereignty is stupid and treacherous and historically ignorant, not to mention pure opportunism?

ReputationRep:
    Exactly, we should stay in the EU and this is what the great Tony Blair teaches!
    I think you are trolling and taking the piss. Shame there is no neg rep system left.

ReputationRep:
    I think you are trolling and taking the piss. Shame there is no neg rep system left.

Lighten up you miserable so and so

ReputationRep:
    It's more your comparison to Nazi Germany and saying our soilders in WW2 died for nothing which is ridiculous.
    Yet Germany got what they want did they not, and if Junker's plan for an EU wide army goes through, they have their military force. You are naive if you don't think Germany is not running the show. Their back room deals with junker were exposed. Merkel is always the go-to woman when any members wants something.

ReputationRep:
    Lighten up you miserable so and so
    It's hard to do around those infected with 'TB'. I reserve a unique hatred for them....

You rum 'ol so and so!

Ah, Banter....

ReputationRep:
    My avatar picture speaks for itself here really

ReputationRep:
    It's hard to do around those infected with 'TB'. I reserve a unique hatred for them....

You rum 'ol so and so!

Ah, Banter....
    Banter, Banter, Banter!!!

ReputationRep:
    Aye
    You rudely insulted me with self satisfied certainty and no argument to speak of. I've noticed this is a Scottish trait.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.