Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone given up on love? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ReszaBrown)
    No offence, but I loathe this type of advice. It really pisses me the living **** off. Give up on love, it's not worth the pain experienced trying to find it. Men are utter douchebags anyway and are a waste of time and energy.
    None taken. I know that there are many cynical people like you in the world, and I can understand why. I feel like it's a very narrow-minded and bitter opinion however.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by connieiscrazy)
    None taken. I know that there are many cynical people like you in the world, and I can understand why. I feel like it's a very narrow-minded and bitter opinion however.
    Fair enough, it's just from my own experience I've realised the sad truth and it's unfortunate but it's life. Life is tough and that's just it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ReszaBrown)
    Fair enough, it's just from my own experience I've realised the sad truth and it's unfortunate but it's life. Life is tough and that's just it.
    I guess I can't really comment because I haven't really experienced romantic 'love', but yeah life is tough and unfair and there ain't anything we can d about it

ReputationRep:
    I've not given up on love but I wouldn't want to have my heart broken again.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by GingerJoe)
    I've not given up on love but I wouldn't want to have my heart broken again.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's really the fear of most people. Makes things harder
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by SA-1)
    Youll be fine man.
    I'm a lost cause... most people at work my age are married/engaged/living together ffs

At least I have a good job in a sector with huge earning potential

Given up on love but not on lust 😅

(Original post by ZuluK)
    Given up on love but not on lust 😅
    Lust only satisfied one for a short amount of time. I also think it's more easier for guys than girls because they don't have to sacrifice much.

Then again, we're in a society where no strings attached is the main motto.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I also think it's more easier for guys than girls because they don't have to sacrifice much.
    wot

Lust only satisfied one for a short amount of time. I also think it's more easier for guys than girls because they don't have to sacrifice much.

Then again, we're in a society where no strings attached is the main motto.
    What do girls have to sacrifice??

That's a good motto... Getting love involved is just messy. No strings attached is good.

ReputationRep:
    I gave up a long time ago,and I havent even been given a chance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    I'm a lost cause... most people at work my age are married/engaged/living together ffs

At least I have a good job in a sector with huge earning potential
    You're still a solid 3/4ish years away from the average marriage age..

Just soldier on bro, you'll be good

(Original post by ZuluK)
    What do girls have to sacrifice??

That's a good motto... Getting love involved is just messy. No strings attached is good.
    Sorry if it is a generalisation but I think girls catch feelings quicker than guys when it comes to stuff like that. Lust sometimes turns to deeper feelings because of the intimacy and stuff

ReputationRep:
    Sorry if it is a generalisation but I think girls catch feelings quicker than guys when it comes to stuff like that. Lust sometimes turns to deeper feelings because of the intimacy and stuff
    True but guys feel hurt when it's over for longer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if i should be feeling this way at 20 but, has anyone else given up on love? And is more into having "fun" / "going with the flow"...

Maybe due to negative views on relationships and such.. or am I just too pessimistic?
    your young, love is a big thing. You can go with the flow and be open to love, the two dont contradict and at our age its perfectly reasonable to not have found "the love". You may even in a few years time find yourself giving into love

(Original post by GingerJoe)
    True but guys feel hurt when it's over for longer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    what do you mean "over for longer"?

Any time when I break up I feel hopeless and this lasts for more than half an year even the relationship was just as short as a month long.
    But after my recovering I begin to search for love again yet it is very tough.
    Sometimes when I feel desperate I will just start looking for fun yet I don't like having "fun"..

Any time when I break up I feel hopeless and this lasts for more than half an year even the relationship was just as short as a month long.
    But after my recovering I begin to search for love again yet it is very tough.
    Sometimes when I feel desperate I will just start looking for fun yet I don't like having "fun"..
    one question: Are you a male?

And I understand the last half of searching for fun when you feel desperate, one of those quick fix things.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if i should be feeling this way at 20 but, has anyone else given up on love? And is more into having "fun" / "going with the flow"...

Maybe due to negative views on relationships and such.. or am I just too pessimistic?
    Yeeesss (for now)
    No point trying to force find something, just be awesome and genuine and let it find you
    For now, i'm just going to focus on my own life

ReputationRep:
    Never been in love:\ *sigh*

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 26, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.