Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Nottingham Medical School Applicants 2016 Entry watch

• View Poll Results: What score did you get on the UKCAT?
    <500
    0%
    500-550
    0%
    550-574
    0%
    575-600
    2.13%
    600-624
    5.32%
    625-649
    8.51%
    650-674
    17.02%
    675-699
    19.15%
    700-724
    24.47%
    725-749
    7.45%
    750-774
    3.19%
    775-799
    5.32%
    800-824
    1.06%
    825-849
    3.19%
    >850
    3.19%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thechemistress)
    Would you mind helping me calculate mine? I think it's between 50-52 but I'm not entirely sure.

My top 8 GCSEs were A*s
    My UKCAT-
    VR- 720
    QR- 880
    AR- 860
    DA- 740
    SJT- band 2
    What score does that give me?
    Yeah sure

So basically you would get 16/16 for academics since you got A*'s
    VR- 8
    QR- 9
    AR - 9
    DA- 8
    BAND 2 - 2

So adding all that up would be

16+8+9+9+8+2 = 52

So yeah, you got 52/55

(On a side note, can I just say that I am so jealous of you right now.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cookiemonster15)
    Yeah sure

So basically you would get 16/16 for academics since you got A*'s
    VR- 8
    QR- 9
    AR - 9
    DA- 8
    BAND 2 - 2

So adding all that up would be

16+8+9+9+8+2 = 52

So yeah, you got 52/55

(On a side note, can I just say that I am so jealous of you right now.)
    Ah thanks! I was forgetting to add the 2 for my SJT :lol:

Haha, don't be jealous at all- I'm not entirely sure my PS is up to scratch D: D:

ReputationRep:

Haha, don't be jealous at all- I'm not entirely sure my PS is up to scratch D: D:
    Tbh the personal statement is really subjective- but I'm sure yours is great!! It's just such a relief not to have to worry about writing it anymore!

ReputationRep:

You beat me by 1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whizbox)
    You beat me by 1
    What, how?? You got 835 or something like that in the UKCAT! Are you sure you've calculated yours properly?

ReputationRep:
    What, how?? You got 835 or something like that in the UKCAT! Are you sure you've calculated yours properly?
    I got 835 band 1 but 2 sections were 890 the other 2 were 770 and 790 so they just fall short of the top points for that sections. So we have the same UKCAT score but I got 1 more point for SJT. You got 2 more points for GCSEs.

ReputationRep:
    I got 835 band 1 but 2 sections were 890 the other 2 were 770 and 790 so they just fall short of the top points for that sections. So we have the same UKCAT score but I got 1 more point for SJT. You got 2 more points for GCSEs.
    Ah right. Funny how the scoring system works- you're clearly the better candidate yet you have one less point than me. Weird XD
    Where else have you applied?

ReputationRep:
    Ah right. Funny how the scoring system works- you're clearly the better candidate yet you have one less point than me. Weird XD
    Where else have you applied?
    Newcastle, Leeds and Cambridge. You?

I wouldn't say better candidate haha. I only have 6A*s 3As at GCSE but I picked it up this last year and got 4As and 835 UKCAT

ReputationRep:

I wouldn't say better candidate haha. I only have 6A*s 3As at GCSE but I picked it up this last year and got 4As and 835 UKCAT
    Kings, Birmingham and Oxford
    Wow, 2 BMAT universities- good luck mate XD

Picked it up is an understatement :lol: you totally bossed this year XD

ReputationRep:

may i ask how you got such a high UKCAT score?
    you did fricking amazing

ReputationRep:
    What's this questionnaire?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariapops)
    What questionnaire?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariapops)
    (Original post by RosieMeiling)
    What questionnaire?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    they didnt do it last year so probably wont be doing it this year either.

ReputationRep:
    When making your mynottingham account do I need to do anything eg add any info or do I just literally make an account ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charnot1997)
    When making your mynottingham account do I need to do anything eg add any info or do I just literally make an account ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They should have provided you with a link on to the mynottingham page in the acknowledgement email, which lets you enter your own password and log in. I don't think we've been told to upload anything on there unless they send an email telling us to. I'm pretty sure they will send out an email telling us to upload references or evidence of our work experience placements on there at some point this month. 😄

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've just checked on the mynottingham page, and although they've got my correct date of birth, the actual age it gives me is a year older than I actually am. Is this normal (ie they're doing how old I will be on entry) or something I need to worry about (although since they've got the correct DOB so it doesn't seem like too big a deal?)?
    Also, a bit more worryingly, they've got my country of birth wrong (ie it says GBR when I was born in South Africa) and it hasn't given me a birth location (England has been my place of permanent residence for about 16 years though). Do I need to contact them about this or does it not matter? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForeverDay)
    I've just checked on the mynottingham page, and although they've got my correct date of birth, the actual age it gives me is a year older than I actually am. Is this normal (ie they're doing how old I will be on entry) or something I need to worry about (although since they've got the correct DOB so it doesn't seem like too big a deal?)?
    Also, a bit more worryingly, they've got my country of birth wrong (ie it says GBR when I was born in South Africa) and it hasn't given me a birth location (England has been my place of permanent residence for about 16 years though). Do I need to contact them about this or does it not matter? Thanks
    I also read mine and it also had me a year older so I think that they are doing age at entry or something like that. But I think regarding your country of birth you should just phone up or email them, just in case it does somehow matter, at least then you wouldn't have to feel so worried

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cookiemonster15)
    I also read mine and it also had me a year older so I think that they are doing age at entry or something like that. But I think regarding your country of birth you should just phone up or email them, just in case it does somehow matter, at least then you wouldn't have to feel so worried
    i actually haven't even received that welcome email still! What should i do ?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone recieved any interviews yet???!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antonyy21)
    i actually haven't even received that welcome email still! What should i do ?
    I'm assuming you haven't logged onto your"mynottingham" account yet? Have you checked your junk/spam folder? If so, you may want to ring them up to let them know just to be on the safe side, although it should probably indicate whether your application is being dealt with on track. Don't worry too much about it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 27, 2017
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.