Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

fast metabolism - how to gain weight? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    You're not gonna gain a significant amount of weight in a week. Even if you burn 2000 calories a day on average and you eat 3500 calories a day for a week, you're only gonna gain about 3lbs that week, won't notice in the mirror
    I obviously weight myself..
    I know my body well enough Been having a crappy diet and stopped excercising for the past few weeks now, and nada. I even tried drinking protein shakes :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    You're not gonna gain a significant amount of weight in a week. Even if you burn 2000 calories a day on average and you eat 3500 calories a day for a week, you're only gonna gain about 3lbs that week, won't notice in the mirror
    I wouldn't even worry if no weight gain occurs for at least 2 weeks of eating in a surplus tbh.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by ivy.98)
    I obviously weight myself..
    I know my body well enough Been having a crappy diet and stopped excercising for the past few weeks now, and nada. I even tried drinking protein shakes :lol:
    Yeah the last sentence was just an example, you could eat a Big Mac meal every day of the week year-round, but if you're still not taking in more calories than you burn as a basal metabolic rate + activity then you won't gain weight. I burn 3000 calories a day, I know some guys that burn 5000 a day, but you can always out-eat your metabolism and calories burned though activity With protein shakes, again, still doesn't cancel out the calories in vs calories out equation - in fact, there have been studies done that suggest that protein is much less likely to store as bodyfat than carbs and fats are.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24834017
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by JD1lla)
    I wouldn't even worry if no weight gain occurs for at least 2 weeks of eating in a surplus tbh.
    Yeah pretty much all depends on goals. If you're actually bulking and not wanting to go mad on the fat gain, then naturally the surplus should be mild and you're only gonna gain a lb or two each month all depending on how advanced you are already. Whereas if you're looking to gain something like 2lb a week just for the sake of looking a little more plump, then you can weigh once a week to track progress. I weighed once a week when I was cutting this spring to ensure I was on track with the weight loss and it helped me regulate my required caloric intake superbly

ReputationRep:
    If you eat a lot without doing anything to burn calories, you should gain weight.
    if you really still cant gain weight a doctor could probably give some medication to reduce your metabolism.
    obviously advice from a diet expert or doctor would be better than anyone here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samina_ay)
    lol u know what made me gain weight? eating fun size chocolate bars. u can gain 2/3 pounds each week lmfao
    I forgot to say I'm a chocoholic aha been there, done that.
    --------
    checking out the calculators that were suggested. me being lazy the counting thing won't last but i'll try and stick too it. this is the time i should start to read the food labels #LAZYLIBRA

I have a irregular eating pattern too, need to change that

ReputationRep:
    To quote Elliot Hulse; eat 20 times your bodyweight per day (so if you're say 200lb, consume 4000 calories).

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.