Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Gay Serial killer suspect 'drugged victims' watch

ReputationRep:
    Apparently he asked Op for soap for Christmas

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danz123)
    What do you mean? The article itself the OP links does a good job of reporting the story without having 'GAY' as the first word in their title. So I respectfully disagree.
    He only killed these men because he was gay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eggs20)
    He only killed these men because he was gay.
    Really? How do you figure that? Do some straight men kill women because they're straight? No. It's because they're ****ing psycho. Don't blame their sexuality for this.

ReputationRep:
    Really? How do you figure that? Do some straight men kill women because they're straight? No. It's because they're ****ing psycho. Don't blame their sexuality for this.
    Because there was a sexual nature to his crime- he raped and murdered them and he only targeted men because he was gay.

yes some straight men kill women because they are straight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesManc)
    How do u know he is gay?
    Yeah, he might be one of those straight guys who go trawling for guys on gay pick up apps like Grindr to drug and have gay sex with.

ReputationRep:
    gay serial killers are the worst

ReputationRep:
    Wow, a whole thread debating whether the fact the serial killer is gay is relevant. Of course it is relevant - the fact he was using the biggest gay sex app to find his victims points to its relevance. Highlighting this fact is important because it shows the danger of using such things.

I predicted this would happen years ago. Grindr is full of weirdos and people who you just generally don't want to be anywhere near. I use it myself and get asked almost daily a wide range of things from selling my used socks to people asking "meet now" despite having never spoken to the person - who quite often doesn't even have a face picture.

It's the perfect tool if you want to stalk people - it tells you how far away they are from you and with some technical knowledge you can use that to pinpoint their exact location. It seems this guy was preying on the easy targets who will meet anyone for sex, drugging them and killing them. It's tragic and people need to be more hesitant before meeting people off the internet who they don't know. People meeting you for sex don't care about you - they're using you, and I wouldn't like to meet someone with that mindset because it's scary. Get to know people first.

I was chatting to a guy on there at the weekend who happened to be from London and he was telling me guys on there were asking to meet him for drug sex. They call it "chemsex". I'd never heard of the term before, must be a London thing. Then a couple of days later this story hits the news. It could well have been this killer he was being asked by. I'm glad I don't live in London.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sephiroth)
    Wow, a whole thread debating whether the fact the serial killer is gay is relevant. Of course it is relevant - the fact he was using the biggest gay sex app to find his victims points to its relevance. Highlighting this fact is important because it shows the danger of using such things.

I predicted this would happen years ago. Grindr is full of weirdos and people who you just generally don't want to be anywhere near. I use it myself and get asked almost daily a wide range of things from selling my used socks to people asking "meet now" despite having never spoken to the person - who quite often doesn't even have a face picture.

It's the perfect tool if you want to stalk people - it tells you how far away they are from you and with some technical knowledge you can use that to pinpoint their exact location. It seems this guy was preying on the easy targets who will meet anyone for sex, drugging them and killing them. It's tragic and people need to be more hesitant before meeting people off the internet who they don't know. People meeting you for sex don't care about you - they're using you, and I wouldn't like to meet someone with that mindset because it's scary. Get to know people first.

I was chatting to a guy on there at the weekend who happened to be from London and he was telling me guys on there were asking to meet him for drug sex. They call it "chemsex". I'd never heard of the term before, must be a London thing. Then a couple of days later this story hits the news. It could well have been this killer he was being asked by. I'm glad I don't live in London.
    You get weirdos on grindr everywhere, it's not just London. My friend got messaged by a guy in Liverpool asking him to **** in his mouth and he said he'd eat it all. :zomg:

But yeah one time my friend was at a pub with his friend, and his friend made a grindr for him and used his pic. And some guy who was 100 feet away kept getting closer and closer throughout the night so he just left not long after haha.

ReputationRep:
    Confused about what? He's a serial killer, I don't see why people would be musing over his sexuality as if it's the most important thing. lmao

I just don't see the need for it is all.
    not unless hsi sexuality was relevant to the crime he commited- in this case he used sexual promises to lure gays to his house to kill them

i dont think its necessarry to brand a killer 'gay' but does it matter? come to think of it, many male paedophiles that abused boys have never been described as 'gay ' in the news, despite many of them probably being so

ReputationRep:
    Because there was a sexual nature to his crime- he raped and murdered them and he only targeted men because he was gay.

yes some straight men kill women because they are straight.
    No... he targeted men because he's a violent psycho. It was not because of his sexuality. Yes, he's attracted to guys and used an app to lure them them in. And? It wasn't his attraction, but his desire to kill that made him do what he did. Do you see the difference? Being gay doesn't make you a murderer.

ReputationRep:
    The last gay serial killer with a SM fetish turned out to be a psychopath straight guy called Colin Ireland.

The police did a poor job of investigating that case, as they are being accused with this case.

ReputationRep:
    How do u know he is gay?
    (Original post by driftawaay)
    Oh it was a GAY serial killer? That's crucial information. Why didn't you also include his favorite sex positions in the title?
    (Original post by Masih ad-Dajjal)
    What if you met up with him and he saw you and was like 'nah'

This one can go back
    (Original post by InadequateJusticex)
    Can't tell if OP is joking or not about chatting to this guy on grindr :/
    Actually not joking about chatting to him on grindr, and he used pictures of himself when he was younger, If i ever arranged to meet him and saw him like that i would walk away lol.

And to this politically correctness mega-queen... of course him being gay is relevant to the story. He is gay, used a gay app, to meet gay men, and used drugs primarily used in the gay scene, to poison these gay men, he met on gay apps.

What more relevance do you want? Did you even bother to read this link?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sephiroth)

You dodged a bullet with the chemsex; The primary drug used during them is meth, which makes you incredibly horny and lowers your inhibitions leading to the likelyhood of you having bareback sex.

ReputationRep:
    No... he targeted men because he's a violent psycho. It was not because of his sexuality. Yes, he's attracted to guys and used an app to lure them them in. And? It wasn't his attraction, but his desire to kill that made him do what he did. Do you see the difference? Being gay doesn't make you a murderer.
    He drugged them and filmed himself sexually assaulting them, I dont even think he had the desire to kill, the drug GHB isnt nicknamed liquid coma for no reason...

ReputationRep:
    How do u know he is gay?

Simple psychoanalysis, heterosexual serial killers such as Ted Bundy and Gary Ridgeway serial are renowned to kill females, especially prostitutes, whereas homosexual serial killers such as Jeffrey Dahmer will target young men, possibly to detach themselves from their sexuality or in acts of revenge.

In Stephen Port's case, he was luring men from dating sites (I assume Grindr). His victims were young, vulnerable men and he preyed on them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inexorably)
    Some people on here are getting so Politically Correct about using labels in titles. Like boohoo he used the term Gay, get out the pitchforks and riot over something so arbitrary?

OT: Sounds awful :/
    Preach!

It seems some people are over-sensitive for the sake of being over-sensitive. I can imagine them getting flustered at "Gay Muslim reaches Mecca for prayers".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luckytobealive)
    He drugged them and filmed himself sexually assaulting them, I dont even think he had the desire to kill, the drug GHB isnt nicknamed liquid coma for no reason...
    But he done it 4 times. So if the person he drugged the first time died he would have known that the drug kills yet he went onto do it another 3 times.

He is a murderer plain and simple.

ReputationRep:
    But he done it 4 times. So if the person he drugged the first time died he would have known that the drug kills yet he went onto do it another 3 times.

He is a murderer plain and simple.
    That drug is widely used in the gay community for sex and not or an intention to kill. Its just it can go horribly wrong especially if the individual has consumed alchohol before that or unknowing took a wrong dose (Which is incredibly common!).

Sure he could have used it with the intent to kill but judging but the fact its often used as a date rape drug (making someone fall unconscious) you cannot straight away assume that he had an intent to kill, he may have done it multiple times but i highly doubt all of his victims died.

I would argue that is manslaughter not murder judging by the nature of the drug, but in the end we can never know because we are not in his mind...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luckytobealive)
    That drug is widely used in the gay community for sex and not or an intention to kill. Its just it can go horribly wrong especially if the individual has consumed alchohol before that or unknowing took a wrong dose (Which is incredibly common!).

Sure he could have used it with the intent to kill but judging but the fact its often used as a date rape drug (making someone fall unconscious) you cannot straight away assume that he had an intent to kill, he may have done it multiple times but i highly doubt all of his victims died.

I would argue that is manslaughter not murder judging by the nature of the drug, but in the end we can never know because we are not in his mind...
    Well the fact someone already died when he drugged then means he would have known there is a good chance that anyone he drugs could die.

Regardless he is a evil little prick who should be tortured to death.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.