Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Would you change your biological sex? watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Would you change your biological sex?
    Yes
    11.36%
    No
    88.64%

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I'd rather be a girl instead.

ReputationRep:
    No. I mean, I see no reason to.
    Then again men have it so much easier - no periods, they don't have to shave their legs, they don't need to wear make up to enhance their looks, they don't even need to dress 'fashionable', they get more attractive with age (according to general consensus, although this is bull**** as far as my tastes go, older women are beautiful so bye), also if I was a male I would have so many more dating options :coma:

ReputationRep:
    How else am I ever going to see a woman naked? :curious:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nununu)
    Why do people think its o.k to change ur sex but not race? If someone said I dont like bieng black as i feel im trapped in a white persons body, everyones says u should be proud of who u r. But if u say i hate bieng a woman everyone supports u
    People who change their sex are transgendered which has a biological basis... if a black person feels they are white, they are just being self loathing and have an inferiority complex.

ReputationRep:
    The typical "periods, make-up, fashion, complaining" sigh, I have no issue with any of the crap. No being a girl is fine.

ReputationRep:
    No women get a raw deal with periods, child birth, birth control, makeup

They of course get advantages elsewhere but I wouldn't swap

ReputationRep:
    However...I would have love to fap daily...it's incredibly uncomfortable as a girl.

ReputationRep:
    I like being a man

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nope. I am perfectly fine with myself!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It won't be funny like in the movies.

ReputationRep:
    Assuming it would be a total transformation, like magically changing my chromosomes and everything rather than just surgery?

Then yeah, I think it would be fine. Honestly, I feel like I'd make a better girl than boy a lot of the time, simply because I'm only 5'6" and I'm uncomfortable in leadership roles, not to mention having poor reflexes and not being very physical. I mean, really, I can't even drive a car. Do you know how much they tease guys in Texas for not having a Driver's License? People practically treat you like a child because it's such a right of passage into adulthood here. :/

In many ways, for me, it would be a fairly even trade. There's really no job I want to do that I couldn't do equally well as a girl, given that I'm mostly interested in writing, English, history, and psychology. The bonus would probably be that I wouldn't have to have pretend not to be afraid of bugs, I could go around telling my friends I love them without creeping them out too much, I could wear clothes that expressed my personal style... basically, I could be sentimental, emotionally expressive, and sensitive, and people wouldn't think there was something wrong with me. On the other hand, I'd probably face more criticism for being too geeky and intellectual, as well as too cold towards people I don't know. Perhaps more people would think I don't smile enough or that I'm too introverted.

Like I said, a pretty even trade. Still, there's just something about it that feels right. It's not so much that I hate being a boy or that I'm incredibly uncomfortable with it the way a transgendered person would be. I also hate the idea of surgery, of not being able to reproduce, or just mutilating myself... but magic or a total change on the cellular level would be different. I just feel like my feminine side contains a little more of who I really am than my masculine side, but that I'm stuck emphasising the masculine side that I don't feel as strong a connection with in order to get by.

Overall, though, I see myself as one of those people that's so androgynous and generic that they'd do just as well with either gender. LOL. I'm probably more strongly identified with my race/ethnicity than with my gender. I basically see myself as your typical American WASP first, an INFJ second, and a boy third.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 06sulraj)
    However...I would have love to fap daily...it's incredibly uncomfortable as a girl.
    I was waiting for this, hahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jeremy1988)
    Assuming it would be a total transformation, like magically changing my chromosomes and everything rather than just surgery?

Then yeah, I think it would be fine. Honestly, I feel like I'd make a better girl than boy a lot of the time, simply because I'm only 5'6" and I'm uncomfortable in leadership roles, not to mention having poor reflexes and not being very physical. I mean, really, I can't even drive a car. Do you know how much they tease guys in Texas for not having a Driver's License? People practically treat you like a child because it's such a right of passage into adulthood here. :/
    Degrading women I see...

ReputationRep:
    No, although every now and then I joke that if I was a female, id be the biggest slut around, just for the ****s and giggles

ReputationRep:
    No, I like bein what I am :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Francis.C)
    Degrading women I see...
    I've literally had people tell me that I ought to be a girl because of those things. It never occurred to me that it might be degrading. I guess on some level, after you hear stuff like that enough, you start to believe it.

Sorry if I said anything offensive.

ReputationRep:
    Although being a man is better, I have the mind of a woman and having a **** will not help me. A strap on is good enough.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have seen a lot of what I think as 'advantages' in being a girl, but right now just no. Maybe I'll change my mind later because so far I still like my life as a boy.

ReputationRep:
    I want low-dose testosterone and possibly top surgery but I'm pretty sure I don't want bottom surgery :nah:

ReputationRep:
    Nope even though guys have no periods babies etc they're often less emotionally attuned and I pride myself on my emotional intelligence irl so no.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.