hi
    hey.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Hahhaha, i'm barely 5'.....
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Haha, well that video shows you like taller men

ReputationRep:
    I hope so seeing as I'm a 5' 4" male haha!

That's short. Ouch. I'm 5'4. I can't date someone shorter than me. I'm sure 5 foot girls will date ya

Haha, well that video shows you like taller men
    ahaha, you are making it obvious that you are anon will
    Spoiler:
    Show

That's short. Ouch. I'm 5'4. I can't date someone shorter than me. I'm sure 5 foot girls will date ya
    haha hopefully! Just dont see many around

ReputationRep:
    I'm 5'2 and I must admit I have a thing for tall guys. My husband is 6'0. However I dated someone shorter than me before so definitely hope for you there OP

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    RIP brother

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh ooo)
    I just can't take female's seriously when they say "it's all about his personality".

We all know most females are just if not more shallow than males.

You just find a way of hiding it well under the rug. At least with males you know they are open about their true intentions. Most females like to cover up with this innocent persona and shame males for being so superficial, but we all know it's all just a mask.
    That may be true for other girls, but personality really is the most important thing in my opinion. Obviously looks are important as well though

ReputationRep:
    Im not sure if 5"2 is considered petit but all the guys ive dated have been tall. The shortest was probably 5"9, with the tallest being 6 foot. I wouldn't date anybody shorter than 5"7 if they were a man. For a girl, she needs to be between 5"1-5"3.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    But its trying to find someone who is a tad shorter than me thats the hard part. Then its trying to find someone who is attracted to me and me to them. Then I kinda prefer someone whos same nationality as me. And its like, if I dooo find someone who fits into that bracket, I probably wont find someone like that again and it creates pressure to go up to that person and ask them out or however dating works haha! :3

E.g Men who are 5'10+, and out of a group of (x number of) women, they can choose out of 98% of them. For small people like me, its most likely just about 2%.! Sorry if I havent made any sense haha.
    When you say nationality do you mean ethnicity? I always think dating just one seriously limits your options (unless you live in a highly concentrated area of that certain group). I'm trying to be helpful and not cruel but I would not further limit your options. For instance myself I am mixed race only 1.2% of the population in the UK is, on top of that my specific mix is quite rare then I need to counter in for eligible males of my age group... Basically I would probably be single for the rest of my life especially if I added a height criteria in there. To an extent dating is a numbers game.

(Original post by jazjaz)
    When you say nationality do you mean ethnicity? I always think dating just one seriously limits your options (unless you live in a highly concentrated area of that certain group). I'm trying to be helpful and not cruel but I would not further limit your options. For instance myself I am mixed race only 1.2% of the population in the UK is, on top of that my specific mix is quite rare then I need to counter in for eligible males of my age group... Basically I would probably be single for the rest of my life especially if I added a height criteria in there. To an extent dating is a numbers game.
    Sorry for late reply. Been at Uni all day then gym straight after. Ye I mean ethnicity. You have a point, as I am wanting someone who is 'x,y and z' is limiting my options a lot. Are you saying that I need to remove some limits, e.g. ethnicity? (only example I can think of). Because its obvious that they need to be attracted to me and vice versa. Also need to be smaller than me full stop

ReputationRep:
    Not really, no.

Small is 5'9 and under imho :bigsmile:

I wouldn't go out of my way to date someone who stood at 5'1, it's out of my comfort zone as my track record stands at 6'2+. However, I don't meet many men who are my height :dontknow:

@ high heels I only really wear them on special drinking occasions. Most of the time I'm usually looking dumpy in flats :flutter:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beeninetytwo)
    Not really, no.

Small is 5'9 and under imho :bigsmile:

I wouldn't go out of my way to date someone who stood at 5'1, it's out of my comfort zone as my track record stands at 6'2+. However, I don't meet many men who are my height :dontknow:

@ high heels I only really wear them on special drinking occasions. Most of the time I'm usually looking dumpy in flats :flutter:
    Do u like fat guys

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Proxenus)
    Do u like fat guys

Posted from TSR Mobile
    only if they're ( somewhat subjectively) old and very well spoken. :kiss:

ReputationRep:
    Im 5'4 my husband is about half an inch taller than me Equally I have an ex who is 6'7, there are more important things than height! I tend to avoid wearing heels when were together but thats his preference rather than mine.

I also have a close friend who is 5'10 and the majority of her serious relationships have been smaller than her!

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for late reply. Been at Uni all day then gym straight after. Ye I mean ethnicity. You have a point, as I am wanting someone who is 'x,y and z' is limiting my options a lot. Are you saying that I need to remove some limits, e.g. ethnicity? (only example I can think of). Because its obvious that they need to be attracted to me and vice versa. Also need to be smaller than me full stop
    More likely that not a girl who will date you will also be small. But honestly you never know what life will throw at you perhaps the girl for you will be medium height or even tall. To use my self as an example I created a story in my head that I would only date guys older than me (30+) and I did rule out guys my age and certainly younger for a long time. Do you know what happened after that? I met an amazing guy who was 5 years younger than me! It broke all the rules and challenged my paradigm. Of course physical attraction matters but love has very little to do with physicality (and to those who think it does they are confusing it with lust or infatuation). Part of it is about acceptance you see past all the other person's physical flaws (because we all have them no matter how attractive) and you see the real person beneath it all and that's how you get an amazing connection. There are women out there with significantly smaller partners. So who knows?

The whole ethnicity thing.. You never mentioned yours if you are white living outside of London then you probably won't really be limiting yourself. If you are another ethnicity though, unless you live in an area with a significant proportion of that group, or preferably a majority then yes you will be seriously limiting yourself (unless you have great connections/a network through family or something). Perhaps myself being mixed race and having two parents of a different race, I just don't get it. I now live in central London and see beautiful people, especially women, of all ethnicities and nationalities everyday. At uni I meet intelligent, kind people from all backgrounds who have challenged some of the ideas that I previously held on certain groups. It has just kind of shown me that really if you look at it there is more that unites us that separates us. I just think it's a shame to write people off based on ethnicity but that is just my opinion.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 23, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.