Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MatureStudent36)
    We have Jeremy Corbyn.
    at least u tried

ReputationRep:
    Yet wAs critical to a successful allied outcome.
    And dismantling our empire and trying to placing us in debt slavery.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaucissonSecCy)
    And dismantling our empire and trying to placing us in debt slavery.
    We're you expecting the America population To foot the bill for helping us out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by driftawaay)
    at least u tried
    U mad there's a massive statue of Ronald Reagan in the capital city of your native country?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KimKallstrom)
    U mad there's a massive statue of Ronald Reagan in the capital city of your native country?
    No, he was cool

Never heard of the statue though....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by driftawaay)
    No, he was cool

Never heard of the statue though....
    Oh don't be like that, I expected full-on saltiness

Here it is:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drowzee)
    We should mock them more imo.
    Fabulous avatar/10

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quanty)
    they have made errors, everyone has. but without america we would not have: the internet, good music, good movies, etc. they contribute more to the wellbeing of the world than anyone else.
    The Internet was invented by a Brit, some of the best bands have come out of Britain, Australia and the like.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lol Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 56
Size:  44.6 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Imperion)
    Fabulous avatar/10
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    We're you expecting the America population To foot the bill for helping us out?
    Were. No, but they cynically exploited it, you're changing the subject of my post again, and supporting received wisdom in a thread, there's a trend here isn't there?

Anyway, I don't want to be involved in another quibbling argument with you.
    Regarding the thread, the point I was making is it's pathetic to be asking for more craven ass-licking to the US and less assertion of our own rights. You wouldn't catch the French at that. This country is woefully clueless, lost and divided these days, and that is why it's behaving this way to the US.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaucissonSecCy)
    Were. No, but they cynically exploited it, you're changing the subject of my post again, and supporting received wisdom in a thread, there's a trend here isn't there?

Anyway, I don't want to be involved in another quibbling argument with you.
    Regarding the thread, the point I was making is it's pathetic to be asking for more craven ass-licking to the US and less assertion of our own rights. You wouldn't catch the French at that. This country is woefully clueless, lost and divided these days, and that is why it's behaving this way to the US.
    You'll have to explain to me how the Americans cynically exploited getting drawn into WW2, bank rolling the rebuilding of Europe and having to pretty much finance the running costs of the United Nations and NATO.

ReputationRep:
    Technically, everyone is right about the Americans officially staying out of WWI and WWII as long as possible, but one thing that's worth noting is that there were thousands of American men crossing the northern border to volunteer in Canada before the US officially got involved in both wars.

A lot of our citizens don't know about all the debt that was foisted on Europe by the US after the war, and I'm sure many of the soldiers that fought over there wouldn't have approved of it. To most people, that was a war between good and evil, not something to profit from.

I wish I could tell you the American government deserves respect, but I really can't say that. I mean, if you assume everyone in the US supports everything the government does, you'll probably misjudge a lot of people. The death penalty and the gun culture are controversial. Most people in the major cities don't like it, but the problem is that rural districts have a disproportionate influence in politics due to the way the boundary lines are drawn. That's actually a pattern out here... rural districts with a lot of land but few people get an unreasonable amount of influence. Who owns most of that land? In Texas, you see oil companies and oil millionaires, maybe some farmers or people planning future development that want to buy while land prices are low. You get the picture yet on how all those people push the rural areas to the right?

Another issue is that there are only two parties. If you're pro-business, you're stuck voting Republican even if you dislike the right-wing Christian values. If you're anti-gun, you're stuck voting Democrat even if you don't like their economic policies. People tend to be single-issue voters for that reason... whatever issue bothers them the most decides their vote, even if they hate everything else the party stands for.

ReputationRep:
    direct result of american military research. without it, internet would not exist. god knows the UK wouldn't have been able to make it
    Why?

Is the American human mind more advanced than the UK mind? Are they a superior being to us?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Yes it was a collective effort, but its disengenuous to downplay the american impact. They were the single most important reason the nazis did not win. So it isnt inaccurate fir me to say america saved europe. (Twice if we count ww1)
    Erm Russia? They played a far bigger role in the war than America did. You can acknowledge the importance of America but you need to do that at the expense of other powers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.